"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 18, 2005.

1. MareGrissom

MareGrissom Prime Suspect

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

Its a half hour into the show and I am already crying!!! This episode was sooo worth the long wait!

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Nick's littlest fan just requested Pyschobunny Nickadee--otherwise known as Nicky to come upstairs to watch the show with us..so now I'm watching CSI, Nicky being buried and Nicky the rabbit eating stuffed teddy bears..

Nickslittlestfan said..'mommy why is Nick back in the box..I thought he didn't like it there.'

3. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I'm watching it right now and I almost cried when he woke up in that stupid box!

4. MareGrissom

omg.... that guy blew himself up right in front of Grissom?! What in the world was he thinking? What does that do? Did he have a death wish and just wanted to go out being bad? crazy....

5. MareGrissom

I HATE COMMERCIALS!!!! They were just finding where Nick was and something was going on with his heart and then... COMMERCIAL!

I know the outcome but HOOOOOLLLLLYYYY Cow! This is such an edge of your seat eppy!

6. MareGrissom

oh...... my ...... gosh......

That was the BEST episode ever. QT and George Eads were ROBBED of an emmy award.

I was shaking, crying, on the edge of my seat, bawling, cheering, and tons of other emotions all at once.

I am so proud of my CSI team!

7. EmilyBlair

EmilyBlair Hit and Run

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoi

Agreed! Fanastic Episode! I lvoe the little details you pick up the secound time around

8. VerityKindle

VerityKindle Police Officer

I had to tape it because I had a game tonight, so I'm watching for suspicious stuff. It's so hard to tell, though, if the officer at the scene is acting suspicious or if he's just not that great of an actor. The barf was pretty authentic.

As far as CSI barf goes, I mean...

9. Hollis

Hollis CSI Level Two

I've just watched Grave Danger twice in a row in one day. I just cried through all the Nick parts.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Releasing from tack, please feel free to continue discussing the episode. Thanks. ;)

11. Bailey17

Bailey17 Lab Technician

It's interesing the the stuff you pick up after the first time. That cop getting sick looked even more suspicious to me. He looks middle aged, so chances are he's a seasoned veteran on the force. I'm sure he's seen worse crime scenes. Yeah, the intestines were gross, but they were outside. He wouldn't have had to step that far away in order to "get some fresh air." Hmmmm.....

12. VerityKindle

VerityKindle Police Officer

Okay, a few random thoughts/observations/questions, and then I'm off to bed!

Bloodhounds don’t lose a scent because the target gets in a vehicle.

It wasn’t a quarter, it was 50 cent piece (JFK on the coin).

How are they so sure they have the right truck on the police surveillance video?

Those can’t be Nick’s parents; they both have blue eyes.

If Walter thought it was against policy to “negotiate with terrorists,” what was he expecting them to do when he asked for ransom?

They didn’t do a very thorough job of checking the address of the package delivery.

I still think it would have been more effective if they had let the audience hear Nick say to Grissom “I never meant to disappoint you.”

How many thought Grissom was some kind of pervert when he started cooing at the ants? :D

I’m not crazy about the autopsy scene, but I had to watch because I love Super Dave and Doc Robbins so much. And Nick’s dad just cracks me up!

Was Vega one of the ones prying the lid off the coffin?

If the explosives are set to go off when Nick’s weight lifted from the sensors, why didn’t it blow when he was writhing and flipping around? And the dirt didn’t work that well, after all, did it?

Does anyone else see the rescue as an elaborate birth metaphor, with the glass box being the birth sac, and the rope attached to Nick’s belt the umbilicus?

As much as I dislike the scene at the end with Kelly Gordon, it’s a very powerful moment.

13. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

They weren't. Greg even said in the confer "if he was even in that truck," after they talk about where the truck might have gone.

His mother's eyes looked brown to me.

I don't think he really cared, since he never had any intention of letting Nick go. He didn't want them to know that, hence asking for the ransom. He probably thought they would give him the money, but that they would mark it somehow so he wouldn't be able to use it. I think he was expecting lots of cops to show up, so he could take some of them with him when he blew himself up.

I don't think so, but I'd have to check. I didn't notice any of the detectives there, except for Brass of course.

I wondered that myself and the only conclusion I could come up with was that his weight wasn't off the switches long enough to trigger the explosives. I don't know much about explosives, so I don't know if that is even possible, but Walter Gordon had to have known that Nick might freak out a bit, and if the coffin had blown up right away that would have ruined all of his fun.

That's an interesting idea. I think I read that somewhere else.

14. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

I wonder the same thing every time I see that part with Warrick checking out the traffic videos, but always completely forget about it by the end of the episode. Must be some kind of telepathic connection between Nick and Warrick, heh.

Huh, I never noticed that. *Grissom voice* Curious, isn't it? :D

Truth be told, I was relieved when I realized he was talking to the ants. It would be way weirder for Grissom to be cooing at Nick like that. But bugs? I'm not that surprised. :lol:

That scene is so priceless; I'm cracking up now just thinking about it! :lol:

It certainly could be a metaphor: death of the old Nick, birth of the new one. Or something like that.

Yeah, I think that scene is very well done and appropriate, and it wouldn't have been so heavily criticized had it not been the end of the season, I think. I was dissapointed that the very last shot of season 5 was on a guest star, but still, it's much more powerful than a hospital scene with Nick would've been, and also a little bit of a cliffhanger.

15. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

I think because that particular truck was the right size and it was moving very fast Warrick thought it was the most likely option. And as I just said, they weren't so sure that it was the right truck, but they were doing what they could with what they had.

Am I the only one who thought his mother's eyes were brown?