Rock/Alternative music

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by lilbug, May 20, 2005.

1. wibble

wibble Corpse

Can I be really lame, and ask if anyone knows or likes Mercury Rev? :lol:

2. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I don't know Mercury Rev.. What kind of music is it?

Does anyone know Editors?

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I really like The Raconteurs, I rushed out and brought their album on the first day of release. I'm a big fan of Jack White and I was so impressed with his new band. My favorite song on the album is 'Broken Toy Soldiers' - absolutely awesome song, I love the vocals. :)

:lol: Oh well, worth a shot to see if there were any other fans on the board. :p

I've heard of them, but I'm not sure if I've actually heard a song by them, so I couldn't tell you if I've like them. But there is a lot of talk about them being very good. :)

4. Tinkerbell

*bumping up* :)

5. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

ill fit right in here! so who saw fall out boy on the friday night project last night?

6. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Fall Out Boy is love. I really love their new single 'This Ain't A Scene'. The beginning is so funny, and I can't wait for their new album.

What do you guys think about the Kaiser Chiefs? I love Ruby, it's my favorite song at the moment and I can't wait for their new album either. I loooooved Employment, and I went to see them in Amsterdam about a year ago. I wanted to attend their concert in August 2005 too, but it was sold out, unfortunately. :( Where is Peanut's hat btw? He doesn't wear it in the Ruby video. Peanut and his hat are one person!

7. feenx

feenx Coroner

:confused: What! When?

I love FOB, and Panic! And I loooooove MCR. Has anyone heard their first album? I brought you my bullets, you brought me your love.

8. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco and MCR are not alternative.

9. Tinkerbell

I would say they are. ;)

I heard that song for the first time last week and I didn't even realise it was Fall Out Boy. :lol: I was like "Wow, this is a really good tune!". :eek: I love the new song, I also can’t wait for the new album. :D

Peanut without his hat! I love the hat! I’ve not seen the new video, but I love, love, love Ruby.

10. Roosey

Roosey Captain

The new video is awesome. It starts in a deserted desert, and suddenly you see these trucks building things and there also lands a Concorde next to Ricky's foot.. you see the city being built and in the end they're surrounded by the buildings. The effects are amazing.

Only thing, Peanut doesn't wear his hat, as I already mentioned. :( But his haircut is cool

11. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

i just heard for the first time this band delain and i love it, they showed the clip on tv today and i listen to it and i loved it. I dont know why buts its a great group. does anyone know it???

12. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Alternative is to be alternative to the mainstream ... I think it's pretty safe to say FOB, P!atD and MCR are the mainstream at the moment.

Not to say I don't listen to some of each of those bands. The new FOB album has leaked,and I find it a little more enjoyable than their previous album. If anyone wants me to send them a couple of the songs, they can PM me.

13. feenx

feenx Coroner

They usually categorize FOB, Panic! and MCR as EMO.

I love MCR, but they do sound very EMO.

FOB and Panic! I don’t think so.

14. Tinkerbell

As another poster stated, it is categorised as emo music (which I don't think is that mainstream, I never here a song played by any of these bands on a mainstream radio station, unless I tune in to rock or metal radio station), and I am quite happy for it to be discussed in this thread under alterative music as I think this thread is appropriate for it. If you have a problem with this please PM me, if not please move on from this discussion.

15. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

has anyone got the views album? i bought it this afternoon and are yet to listen to it, i cant wait to see them on the NME indie/rock tour, its going to be so cool