"Redrum" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Dementia

Dementia Dead on Arrival

Well, from the way I see it, as bad as Catherine might have messed up, I don't think she was trying to reward herself. Not only that, I don't think she was trying to be completely dismissive of Nick's or anyone else's feelings. I think a) she wants the business to be taken care of first and then b) she'll discuss what she did and why she did it with Nick individually, if not all the CSIs, because he was the one who took it so personally. The guilt will definitely come out sooner or later, if not now. The characterization of Catherine is of a tough, hard-edged, no-nonsense woman. So maybe she does feel sorry, but she doesn't want to reveal all, and perhaps not in front of Keppler, who is still very new to the crime lab and still an enigma.

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

you really hate catherine. Grissom messes up a lot, he isn't a very good supervisor sometimes, it is even mentioned in the show that he is bad with politics and people.

The reason I didn't like this episode, was because it would turn into a 'everyone blame catherine!' episode. Through the entire episode catherine stuck up for her team, and it wasn't even her idea. I thought nick overreacted way too much, and they ended up tampering with evidence. Luckly for them that was fake evidence.

Sara look mad when she opened the package, when she realized there wasn't a note. Hopefully they will break up before the season ends, because this is dragging on.

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Actually, that's what I meant earlier, I guess I wrote it the wrong way. It'll take the two - especially Nick - a while before they trust Catherine again. After re-watching it again, I didn't see Sara as overly mad, just hurt. Nick was both hurt and very mad. His grouching this season is getting annoying and he might need to grow some hair to keep his ego from over inflation.

4. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

What?!?!?!? Catherine enjoyed herself tonight! Pffff...sorry completely disagree. She didn't like it a bit. She was very upset with not being honest with her team. She even had tears in her eyes when she knew that they were upset with her. She also gave them all an opportunity to voice their concerns, and apologized to them.

I also am wondering why Nick got so upset with Catherine. Granted maybe he hates being made to feel stupid, or that processing a scene that never existed is a waste of time...but it still seemed not to be like Nick at all. He was way more upset than the others.

I agree with you xfcanadian, I was afraid this would turn out to be 'Catherine's fault' when she obviously had no choice. She did what she had to do, and I honestly think if Grissom was placed in the same shoes he would have done the same thing.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I also thought she should've come right out and said what was happening.

LOL at Hodges and the IA poll

Is Grissom in the flashback in next week's ep? it looked like it in th promo.

6. loki

loki Lab Technician

"Hey... HEY! ... what about my socks?!"
    lmao...

7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I don't think Nick is angry, I think he just hurt that Catherine doesn't trust them enough. Remember it his case begin with before the fake crime. I know she doesn't want to do it and she knew that the plan is going to back fire on Keppler.

I don't know how they going to do with Nick throught the season. I hope it good season and nothing happen to him.

8. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

God, If I was them I would prolly bitch slap Catherine in the end part! (Pardon my speech)

9. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

I think Nick's growing pessimism is one of the freshest things going this season, he's actually growing from that open minded, seeking to please CSI to someone who is slowly being eaten away by all that he's been through and seen in Vegas. He has the most depth and change over the years than any of them.

As far as his hair, if ppl didn't complain so much last year, the guy wouldn't have shaved. Honestly shows he has less of an ego.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What the hell is going on?.. it was really hard to concentrate on the story line, when there was so much confusion and friction amonst the team!! for starters the first scene in the restuarant. with them this Keppler, he mumbles, I couldn't understand a word he was uttering. his voice is flat and monotone, never goes up nor down :(and what is Catherine's problem? why would she do this to her team? they'd never do that do her, I was stunned at her behavior. and the whole team is cold and backs away from this Keppler, suspicious, of him :eek: and have every right.. he's sneaky :mad: and go Nick..Sara..Warrick and Greg.. (where was Sofia?) how come she wasn't in the mix? The most comforting scene was Greg and Sara, like old times.. I smiled when they were examining the car.. and what the H was that thing in the box Sara opened a branch with what? and even Brass acted weird.. like confused as well..not a favorite ep. ~~~screams~~~ for Grissom to come back!!!! and this Keppler still B-O-R-I-N-G :(

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

OOOHHH I just have to say the levels of deciet going on..

not just the CSI level
    we're talking Brass,
    the undersheriff

if it did fall apart... not only would Catherine be going down along with Keppler and the REST of the CSI team (even though they were not involved) it would be Brass and the Undersheriff all the way up to the D.A. and correct me if I'm wrong didn't the D.A. used to be a guy?

ok, now where to begin???

She wanted to catch the guy the guy who killed the Assemblyman the drug dealer... etc... ok
    but do you REALLY stage a fake crime scene?

I really really like Catherine but???

BUT here too I must point out that Grissom has used ...how shall we say... not so orthodox methods to catch his guy too.. and yet.. there was no question about him or his motives... I see the same here with Keppler he did what he had to do to catch someone .... his 'moral compas doesn't point in the same direction'

It did crack me up that everyone thought he was IAB and that Nick was the one being investigated then Hodges then Grissom

and Nick well he figured it out and was pissed that he felt decieved. I guess wouldn't you? He also rallied everyone else instead of just going at Catherine and Keppler alone

I did like in the end that Catherine told them what was going on
    They were all hurt and pissed, again wouldn't you be? and I wonder what Sara is going to tell Cath in private?

and last but not least
    Catherine and Keppler out on a date??? OMG!!!!

12. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I know what the cocoon on the twig means! Grissom is trying to tell the lab via Sara, "Okay, we used to have the Continuity Fairy, see? And then she went away for a while to, y'know, metamorph and stuff... and now she's returned as the Continuity Bad**s M****rf****r!!! And she's gonna go medieval on yo' ass!!"

Seriously, something is going on with this show! A. Martinez from "A Bullet Runs Through It"?!! Bobby and the misfired gun in "Mea Culpa"?!! The butterfly symbolism of GSR?!! Sara talks to Cath in private because she knows yelling at the boss in public = a week's suspension a la "Nesting Dolls"?!! The box with the next MCS in it?!! Doc Robbins is cranky?!! Holy crap! Was someone actually hired to keep track of this stuff?!!

God, we should be writing all this down and send TPTB one red rose for everything they've remembered correctly this season! This sort of behaviour has to be encouraged!!

I had knots in my stomach watching it, so I guess that's a good thing.

Loved the parallelism of Cath/Kepp/Brass/Sheriffette lurking inside muttering about secrets... and the Young Turks in the parking lot doing the same thing.

Loved the bookends of the radio call-in show... for wicked openings and closings, this is by far the best season CSI has ever had. None of this "The perp makes a screwy remark while the CSI makes a WTF face... and credits!" bullshit.

Loved that Las Vegas is becoming a character in itself on this show in a way it's never been before. In fact, I believe I was glad to see the strippers... I've missed 'em! When's the last time we had a really good sex-based crime or sexual perversion or kid killer, anyway? Kudos, guys, for not having to go to that well too often this year.

Loved how no character had to be dumbed down to make this work.

Loved how whenever Keppler tries to tell jokes he comes across so stiff that everyone gives him WTF looks.

Loved that Nick has trust issues and took the scheme personally - he should have trust issues after everything that's gone down with him.

Loved that Warrick needed Nick's convincing before working against Catherine.

Loved that Greg kinda looked a little unsure of himself when he nodded "yes" to the mutiny... like a younger kid going along with the older crowd when he's not so sure he should.

Loved the hints that Sara hates having to deceive the team with regards to what's going on between her and Grissom... and that she knew exactly where to find a key to that cabinet.

Loved that Catherine was ultimately uncomfortable with the whole scheme... and that Brass was not. Brass is a cop; he respects the CSIs, and he respects their science... but he doesn't bow before that altar like they do. I can see Brass thinking that utilizing "reverse forensics" in the name of catching a killer is completely justified. Man, that look Drugpin!Lex Luthor gave Brass at the end... wonder if the guy's going to use the whole rigmarole as a way to get off on a technicality? I'd love to have a knock-down, drag-out argument between Gil and Brass on this one. I wonder if the team will tell him what went down while he was away?

Loved that we got to see Bobby and Henry as well as Hodges.

Loved that once again the guest characters were not only sketched out, they were painted in bright colours. From the skeevy scapegoat to the dreaming-of-Scaryonce-cop to the bureaucratic impound guy to the I'm-so-giving-you-the-finger-right-now-with-nary-a-word DA... bold, vivid strokes.

Loved that Hodges pressed "Reprint." That's the kind of logical thinking that a lot of shows, this one as well as others, would have left out of the script and had us all groaning, "Why didn't X just do Y?!!" Nice attention to detail. In fact, there was great attention to detail all throughout this script.

Loved that Grissom has been gone for two episodes, and my attention is still fixated on this show.

Man, this season is poetry. Pure poetry. I am proud to call myself a CSI fan these days.

And, oh, fine - cocoon on a twig: Grissom is saying, "I'm trying to change... be patient with me."

13. NickyCat

NickyCat Dead on Arrival

I was actually kind of confused by that scene. Hodges said that Nick was number 1, Hodges was no. 2 and Grissom was no. 3. Did that mean that if there was an Internal Affairs Investigation going on that most people thought they would be investigating Nick?

If so I wonder what for? Or were they just joking around?

14. loki

loki Lab Technician

^^ Love how you put everything together so perfectly, lol.
    It's true, the continuity is amazing... better than most shows...
    And I totally loved Hodges in this one... lol...
    I all around loved this episode. I like how they're bringing "teamwork" back.

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Thinking more about Sara's comment to Catherine about saying things in private, and I got a major flashback to Nesting Dolls? Here Sara is saying that she's learned her lesson the first time and if she's going to bitch at Catherine this time around, it's going to be behind closed doors.