"Redrum" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I hate that UnderSheriff. When he said "I hate that bitch" about the District Attorney, you just know he's a misogynistic jerk, or at the very least someone who doesn't like women in power.

2. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Somebody wanna tell me what the tree branch means

3. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

i like this reverse engineer crime scene.
    it is something grissom would never allow.
    you know i don't miss Will Petersen so much now.
    Go get the bad guy , cheat, it does not matter know , Will Petersen broke my heart taking off some episodes and now the team has gone bad.
    we are dirty csi cops now.
    :(

4. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

There has to be something in that egg casing. Grissom loves a puzzle. Or there is something he's telling Sara by whatever that bug is. I think she has to do some research to figure it out.

5. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I know that Catherine hates lying to the team, but what makes me really angry is that Keppler, as the new guy, in training sort of, gets to huddle with Brass, Catherine and the UnderSheriff as if he's Grissom. He's a very long way from being a Grissom.

I really miss Gil and I can't wait until he's back on the show.

6. Gloomy

Gloomy Witness

I thought it was a silkworm.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Poor Nick.

I felt so bad for him in the end. He looked like he wanted to cry. He trusted Catherine, had so much faith in her and she just stabbed in the back. Grissom would have let himself get suspended before he would

But it was so nice to see Catherine and Keppler fall flat on their aXXXX and to see Sara take a nice dig at her.

Gooooo Sara, now I remember why you are my favourite CSI chick!!!

And Greg took a shot too.

But Nick. Day of Rage is coming upon us.

And the way Catherine tries to steer away from what she has done by taking charge and trying to figure out the connection in the case that Nick had made in the first place. Again, she avoid the feelings of her team.

And of course, all is well in the end with the two of them having dinner while the team is left to hurt..or Nick and Sara..Warrick will let it go because he's like teflon, Nick has been through too much to be that way.

8. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

It is.....I have bad feelings coz silkworm implies "tragic romance" in Chinese culture :(

9. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

i liked sara's little comment to catherine.

i felt so bad for nicky though :( and the whole team. but i was really glad when that all blew up in Kepler and Cat's faces.

oh man, at the end when kepler was talking at the first person about the murderer, that was freakin weird :)

10. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

yeah for greg. this epi was really good i though. cat and kepler got what they deserved, i think.

11. Rowan

Rowan Victim

Does anyone know the name of the actress who played the lawyer that was murdered?

12. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Well, that was somewhat disappointing.

Having seen it all played out, I can only say that there was no reason NOT to include the entire team, at least the key CSI players, and not end up where they did. Four additional people in the inside would have pretty much assured that everything played out without issue. This was not, IMHO, one of the better scripts. For all the hype and buildup, it played out more like a quickly hacked together filler than a truly well thought out CSI episode.

Worse, to have the entire thing fall down because they guy who demanded it didn't do his part of the job is just classic. Does anyone else feel that this character is on about the same level as the Star Trek ensign wearing the wrong colored uniform? (expendible)

Now... having gotten the griping out of the way... let's move on to implications.

Sara made it clear in "revealing the situation" scene that she had no interest in dealing with Keppler. Any comment she had for Catherine would be passed in private. It is clear how she feels about Keppler, and at the same time suggests that she really doesn't think very highly of what was going on.

Warrick seems both insulted and live and let live.

Nick, well... Nick looked the most upset of the bunch. Certainly he lead the revolt, and he seems to have taken this situation very personally indeed. He didn't look pleased at all with Catherine assigning him "make work" (the bikes). He didn't look pleased at all in the end, and I suspect that something more is going to be made of this before the end of the season.

The only one who was a blank read to me was Greg, who just seemed to fade away as the episode went on.

From the look of the trailer for the next episode, it looks like they get down to some slightly more normal CSI stuff next time around.

Personal opinion: Keppler makes my skin crawl. All of the indications are that his character has a VERY questionable past, and that from a purely CSI standpoint, he is much more theoretical about things and less likely to follow just the evidence. I think he is certainly luring Catherine in with his "charm", and I have a feeling that this might be his downfall in the end.

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I have to say that I quite enjoyed this episode. I think it's going to take quite a while for a few of the team members (Nick & Sara) to get in Catherine's good graces again. I liked the idea of the reverse crime scene, and how even Cath & Keppler couldn't make it good enough and that the rest of the team was able to come up with the mistakes.
    I think Grissom would have gone with it as well, but he would probably have pointed out some of the mistakes that were made with the staged crime scene as they were doing it.

Nice to see more interaction from the lab rats.

14. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

Not the best. Im actually ashamed to admit this, but I found myself wanting to change channels more and more as the episode went on. *dodges flying debris*

15. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I thought it was a butterfly coccoon, but I'd have to re-watch it in slo-mo again to be sure. Isn't there something in GSR lore that equates Grissom and Sara with some kind of a butterfly connection? My head will burst if I think too much about it. :rolleyes:

Nick seems to be heading for a meltdown. Do you all remember when Greg got beat up Nick told Warrick that he's sick of all it (meaning dealing with low-life's). Add his anger in this episode to that previous one, and start counting the days until he blows his stack.

I wish I could e-mail Nick and gently but firmly insist that he grow some hair on his kiwi-fruit looking head. He looks really bad without a decent head of hair.