What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Right now I'm reading Serpent by Clive Cussler. I love the Dirk Pitt novels so I decided to try the Kurt Austin ones.

Susan

2. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

As of currently I am reading The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver. It deals a lot with forensics and catching the killer. The main character is actually a paralyzed CSI who was put off the job after a cop told him the site was clear and a beam collapsed and broke his C4 vertebrae.

It's really good so far, and really detailed. Little on the gruesome side, but I am really enjoying it. Well thought out.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ I've seen the movie, with Angelina Jolie and Denzel Washington. It wasn't bad.

4. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

Im reading a book called Rose Madder by Stephen King, its so scary and creepy but its a really good book! im like addicted to reading it.

5. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix.
    Straight up! :D

6. sHiNNizLe

sHiNNizLe Rookie

I'm a fan of Jodi Picoult. I've read The Pact and Plain Truth. I'm starting reading Salem Falls.Her books are good,you know.

7. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

I'm starting Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

8. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

I've just finished Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult. Like sHiNNizLe said her books are good, but they do get a little repetative after you read a few. Each story is interesting and different, but the formula is the same for each one so you can predict the outcome.

9. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

I like that book, it's so good! An original plot. Man,I love Kootnz. I do! :)

10. Imperfect

Imperfect Police Officer

I'm just starting 'The Valley of Silence' by Nora Roberts. It's reaaly good so far

11. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

Just started "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte because I'm studying it in English Literature this year. I'm only up to chapter five so far but I think its quite good though the broad Yorkshire dialect is a bit stong ad hard to understand sometimes. Plus hopefully we'll be going on a trip to Haworth where its set and get to sing the song by Kate Bush!

12. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I'm reading "The Accidental Tourist" by Anne Tyler...It's the third book i read in english...

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Wow, good for you. :) How's it going- the reading in English?

I just started The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko and it has me hooked already. I keep reading these books written in the first person lately, and normally I don't enjoy that very much. However, the writing is very compelling and I haven't been bothered by the first person position at all. :)

I'd been wanting to see the movie for a while, but I never make it to the DVD store anymore so I thought I'd just go straight to the source.

14. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Actually I am reading a simplified edition to Englsih students, and so were the other two books i read: "Romeo and Juliet" (i started with a classic!) and "Reflex"...Too bad I can't understand the original...Well, in fact, I never tried, but I guess i wouldn't be able to do it :p
    Though, it has been good reading in english...It's good to practise it :) And maybe one day I would be able to left simplified versions to other students...but I'm not saying that simplified editions are not good, ok? Actually, they are great for me! Just what I need! :D

15. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

My English teacher wanted to lend one of her books to somebody and ask their opinion on it. So I elected to do it since nobody else did. It's called "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" by Kim Edwards. It takes place in the 60's and a doctor's wife gives birth to twins. The girl is down's syndrome and tells the nurse to give it to an institution and tells the mother, who passed out, that the girl died. But the nurse disappears and raises the baby in another town. It's good so far, just started it today...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.