Season 3 - The Spoilers Continue

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindsay_Montana

Lindsay_Montana Hit and Run

YAY! Thanks a million paigeS! That totally made my day, thanks thanks, thanks! Only 4 eps without Lindsay and shes with Danny, yeah *dances around*

2. paigeS

paigeS Dead on Arrival

Its hard to explain, Its basically says he is the next chapter in her life or something to that effect.

I never took Carmines comment as him saying we would see them doing the deed, but isn't that usually the next step when two people are in a relationship. And the way that its worded comes off to me looking like they start something. There is other things that are said also that certainly imply they have a deep connection.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The 'next chapter of her life?' Lame moment: Please return for the second half of Days of Our Lives... *cheesy music*

How in the hell can Anna be back for episode 18? Good God, are they giving the woman any maternity leave at all? :eek: I honestly fail to see how she could be back to work that early. They could show a repeat on Feb 28th instead of 18, but how long are they waiting to show a new episode then? :rolleyes: This seems a bit off.

And why in the hell would Danny go to Montana? This is all...it all seems a bit off.

Not to say I wouldn't put it past the writers, because honestly this is in their typical, haphazard fashion, but are we even sure this is a real spoiler? I mean, the spoilers for 17 just came out...

*watches NY start to flush itself down the toilet*

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

... I get the hunch a lotta people are going to have really bruised foreheads before this season's over. :p

But, seriously, I'm stumped as to how to react to this new piece of info. Seems like the soap opera nightmare is becoming a reality. :eek: Especially if they open up the new season with Danny regretting things and then jumping onto Angell instead. (That's just speculation, by the way.)

5. Lindsay_Montana

Lindsay_Montana Hit and Run

True, give the woman a break... but maybe they shoot the scene already before Anna has left for her maternity break, cause paigeS spoiler says "at the end of the episode", so I guess it would be only a short scene with Anna.

6. Faylinn

Well, that's true, they could have shot it ahead of time--to give them some scenes so she'd be in more episodes than just the last few. The idea of her running back to work just makes me want to smack the writers. The woman worked until she was about to pop as it is!

7. paigeS

paigeS Dead on Arrival

^ ^ ^

Yep I think your right, she only appears near the end of the episode. I don't know why Danny decides to go to Montana, because up until at least half way it seems like he is still in NY, I know he does make a comment about losing his mind. Maybe Mac tells him to go there. I have no idea to be honest. Also I doubt whether they will be filming this for at least a few weeks yet. Maybe Anna gave birth early or at the start of the January. Also being an avid Greys Anatomy fan that I am, I remember the lady that plays Dr Bailey was only missing from two episodes when she gave birth in real life. Who knows hey.lol

8. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

Never a truer word spoken, Kimmychu my love. :lol: :rolleyes:

If any of this is true, I can see CSI NY jumping the shark. [censored] truly. Why they persist in pushing this highschool soap opera cheese that doesn't even have any chemistry to redeem it is beyond me.

This has been a frustrating week from hell and right now, I gotta tell ya, it ain't getting any better. :( :mad:

9. Faylinn

Okay, through my sooper sekrit speshul powers, I've gotten a glimpse of these spoilers myself--and I think we'll all be just fine. :lol:

I do think they're genuine spoilers (even if this is soon), so no worries on that count. ;) It wouldn't surprise me if they already filmed Lindsay's scenes, and with that in mind, it might explain why we're getting spoilers so soon.

I don't want to be too specific, because that's bad, but I'll say something. (I underlined certain things, because most of it is just my opinion/speculation/etc--the parts that are underlined are the spoilerish bits.)

The trial that Lindsay is a part of won't be done totally off-screen, which is a good thing if you ask me. If they'd left it as-is at the end of "The Lying Game" and didn't elaborate, I would be disappointed. ;)

Danny is there with her to lend support--which is very in-character for him. ;) He said he'd be there if she needed anything, and he's definitely following through. (Should we take bets on whether he sees wheat? :p)

As for the 'next chapter' part, it seems to be about moving on more than anything else. I think it's symbolic more than necessarily literal, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was meant literally as well. We'll see. ;)

Overall, I think it'll be a good scene, and this is coming from me. :p It's hardly them hopping into the sack, but I'm sure the shippers will enjoy it as well. I'm definitely curious about this episode. :)

And now I will run screaming in the other direction and leave it to our usual spoiler mavens to provide case spoilers. :lol: I don't like having to figure out what to say. :p

10. paigeS

paigeS Dead on Arrival

Thanks FAYLINN you did better explaining than I did. That was only my interpretation of that next chapter thing, it could very well be symbolic like you suggested or maybe it has a double meaning.

11. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

^ Okay I'm breathing a bit easier now. Thank you Faylinn :)

12. Faylinn

Yes, Jules, try to protect your head. :lol:

Well, it could very well be literal rather than symbolic. :p We'll see how close both of our interpretations are in the end. :lol:

The thing about the scene with Danny and Lindsay is that it's unspoken. Given my lack of enthusiasm for Anna's acting, I'm not sure about that. But so much of what I've hated about how the writers have treated the D/L thing to this point is their tendency to try to put words in the characters' mouths to say things we shouldn't have to be told. So a scene between them with no forced dialogue might be just what the doctor ordered. ;) That's not to say I'll ship them, or that it's anywhere near enough to undo the mess they've made of the pairing so far, but perhaps it's an indication that the writers are getting their feet with it. :)

Of course, the episode right after this one could dash my hopes against a rock, but for now I'll just allow myself to be calm and believe, if just for a moment, that the writers won't totally f**k up my favorite show. ;)

13. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

Lol wow, come to read spoilers and it's a rollercoaster of a time.

I think you have more faith in the writers than I do. At the moment I'm unfortunately more inclined to think that they'll use this to propel their high school romance than actually keep a character in character. I'm so glad to see an improvement in how Danny was handled at the beginning of S3, but I wouldn't put it past TPTB to give characterization the old finger and do whatever strikes their fancy that week of filming.

I am, however, glad to hear that Lindsay is in some way still connected to the show. I figured they would have to incorporate the trial (in some fashion) into the show and hopefully it will help to close this chapter in her life and help her move on. Hopefully then the writers can then return her to the light hearted and far more tolerable moments as in S2.

14. Faylinn

Well, like I said--Danny being there for her is in-character (if you ask me, anyway). It's how they handle things after this episode that determine whether they've done the right thing for the wrong reason.

Yes, the trial is incorporated. They give some information as to what, exactly, the horrible tragedy was.

I'm with you on bringing her back to the more lighthearted moments. Anna is much better in those types of scenes. :)

How did I miss this, Kimmy?

I think the worst thing they could do, for any pairing, would be to take the regret route. However, because this is a show out for ratings, I'm sure whatever path they choose will be riddled with annoying and unnecessary drama.

What was I saying about being calm? Damn. :p

15. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

^^ Oh, I definitely think Danny would be supportive of Lindsay regardless of whether they might be in a potential romance of sorts. Despite my feelings towards how Lindsay has been handled, I would have been disappointed if Danny completely ignored the situation and not said anything. I always thought of him as having one of the biggest hearts on the show and I believe that would extend to the people he cares about.

But if it's in character, then chances are it'll be fine.

I'll just take your word for it, lol. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.