Sara/Greg #9 - "The Fannysmackin' Effect"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by GregsLabRat, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jue

jue Witness

Happy Birthday again Jess! :)

K, so here in SG they have just shown #420 Dead Ringer, I know this is some old sandle news for you guys, but I couldn't help it when I saw straight from the beginning, after Sara finishes her running, she and Greg did that merry go round turns, soooo cute!!! :eek: :D

I saw that scene in some mv before, and was wondering what makes them so happy then, now I know...
    Ever saw Sara so relaxed, the broad smile on her face, doing that cute little merry go round with anybody else? ;)I haven't seen that many episodes, but as much as some've mentioned Sara did have some romantic moments with Griss, most of the time they looked dead serious together, even some of the so called romantic moments are serious/sad stuff. Well, maybe that's work professionalism, but we all know Sara isn't(and was never)a cold woman after all, cool maybe, but not cold.

In fact, I've never seen Sara so "sara" until she did that merry go round thingy with Greg. She looked so different. So at ease, so natural. I was telling myself, hey this is the real Sara. :eek:

That's why I've always got this feeling when she's with Gris, she have to sorta act his way, be like him, be serious, be a grown up, be damn pro with work, but is that the real and happy her? I wonder.

I am still pinning hopes, secretly wishing Greg to be able to get into Sara's heart during Griss absence (I know I am bad, but why is he only missing for 4 epi and not 40 epi? :devil:)

2. loki

loki Lab Technician

You never know. Greg and Sara are like, best freinds, right? Maybe She'll need a shoulder to cry on while Grissom's gone, then realize how silly she is for missing him when the love of her life is right there, saying something really stupid to make her laugh...

ok, ok, I know it's unlikely, but a person can dream, right? :rolleyes:

3. araSgerG

araSgerG Lab Technician

NOT UNLIKELY!!! Stop it wit' yo' bad mojo, man! Come on! SANDLE thread! be happy. 4's better than 0, eh? I mean, come on, we can all see that there's a rusty, gaping hole in the Grissom/Sara romance car...Luckily Greg's pulling up on the awesome ride and there's only room for one...and we all know who he's picking.

Let's see...Long-time crush....Bugman....Long-time crush and good-looking woman...Scary bugman that talks to roaches...Come on! Is it even a contest?

...And my ADD-induced rant is over...SANDLE POWER!!!

4. GregsLabRat

GregsLabRat Rookie

haha merry go rounds now the next time i see one of those i'll think of Sandle...:)i much rather like Nami's idea than mine :D i'm upbeat at the moment i was just talking to my sister about this weeks episode and i was pulling a swami saying "I predict greg admitting his undying love for sara...and while there at it, hey they ARE in marriage city here" hahaha i'm so optimistic today :p

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hi Everyone

I told CSIangel17 that I would stop by

I want to say

I love the relationship Sara and Greg have

they work well together, they play well off each other

and he absolutly adores her

maybe he can find his way into her heart in Grissom's absence :)

Take care

I'm sure I'll be back soon to post more :D

6. CSIangel17

CSIangel17 Pathologist

Welcome to the Sandle thread hhunter, glad to see you here *hands postitivity cookies and Blue Hawaiian* :D And everything you said about Greg/Sara is so true :)

And Happy Belated Birthday to Jess, hope you had a great day and got everything you wanted :D

I wonder too. I have nothing against the GSR ship, but I always thought too, that Sara always had to kind of live up to a certain standard around Grissom, whereas around Greg she can be more carefree and let herslef go a bit more. And Greg is the only one who can make her laugh, and she needs that to take the edge off of the seriousness of her work.

IMO, Sandle works so well, not only because the chemistry is obvious, and they are always happy in their scenes, and because they are really good friends but because they kind of fill in the missing pieces of each other. Greg needs Sara to show him professionalism and a more serious side to life and Sara needs Greg to show her that life and work can also be fun at the same time. And i think over the seasons they've done that :D

7. araSgerG

araSgerG Lab Technician

In the immortal words of Sid the Sloth (or my friend Josh, whichever) with a little tweaking o'course. He completes her.

Whooo!!!! Sloth wisdom applied to real-life (or at least very soon to be) situations. I've completed 1/3 of my to-do list...Hmmm...'Asked someone to say a palindrome', 'Worked the word alliteration into normal coversation'...Ah! Here it is 'Sloth wisdom applied' Check!...Now, let's see...

Item 25: Spread the Sandle!!!
    Mission: Accomplished. I drew my Sandle seal on the back of my notebook!

8. GregsLabRat

GregsLabRat Rookie

haha i need a checklist like that araSgerG :p itttttts tuesday! only 1 more day till the new eppy...i find it pretty side i'm already counting this down. I really have no life. haha AHHHHH i just realized i missed my show...grr...*goes off to vent by spreading Sandle to family* :rolleyes:

9. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Glad to see you all so happy. I missed Sabser's birthday!? :( I keep missing the sandle birthdays! I feel so bad. But I hope you had a terrfic day and may all your wishes come true (whether sandle-related or not! :lol:)

Alright, I gotta put my thinking cap on for this one.

If it were Fannysmackin' I would definitely want Sara to be in his hospital room, (instead of the scene we got with Grissom).
    Then, for the ending of the episode with the locker room scene, they would all go to visit Greg, and Sara would stay behind even after the others left. She would grab his hand softly and promise she'd stay by his side until he falls asleep, never letting him go. He would just smile, eventually closing his eyes, and her hand still clutching his...
    A few years later (or a few seasons later) we could find out how sincere she really was when we slowly pull out to see her waking up early, just to watch him dozing in their bridal bed.

Is that asking too much? :D

P.S: Hi hhunter!

10. TRICK

TRICK Dead on Arrival

Hellooooo~.
    I am in the process of writing a Sandle fic, and I have finally finished the first chapter, which is upped at FanFiction.NET. It's my first fic ever, so I'd really appreciate some feedback, constructive criticism, etc...

It starts off kind of slowly, but there will be loads of Sandle-ness in later chapters. 8D~
    Thanks!

11. ladyhunter

Hey Thanks everyone especially for the Blue Hawaiian coffee compliments of Greg I'm sure ;)

and as much I love Grissom

Sara and Greg seem so much better together in terms of working and having fun and being around each other
    He brings out the fun side of her..
    and she can bring out the more serious and less childlike part of him when needed also

but that's my opinion
    :D

12. CSIangel17

CSIangel17 Pathologist

^ITA agree. He does bring out the fun side in her. And i like the fact that it was only when he started working more cases with her in season 5, when the fun side started to come out. Coincedence? I think not :)

As for scenes that I wish had has a different ending. Its not a very serious scene, and I cant remember the ep name, but its the ep where Greg and Sara were processing a room and then Greg sees a mirror and starts flexing his muscles in the mirror and Sara is oblivious to it all. I wish she would have turned around and seen him, just because her reaction would have been hilarious and if she'd seen that I'm sure she wouldnt have been able to resist him then :devil: :lol:

13. ladyhunter

^^^ That episode is 4x4
    Sara and Greg process the scene of the bodybuilder
    then they are evacuated due to a 'potential bio hazard'

the infamous "I saw everything" shower comment from Greg to Sara

14. GregsLabRat

GregsLabRat Rookie

*Sighs as the line 'I saw everything' brings her back* oh the good days back when we were so oblivious to Grissom and Sara's relationship lol I say that was unfair and Greg needs to be reimbursed for Sara's peeking, but thats just my opinion ;) you want to know whats funny? when parents think they're taking you to your sisters basketball game on thursday night and don't understand why you think they're joking.

15. CSIangel17

CSIangel17 Pathologist

Thank you :) I never realised it was the same episode :lol:

Loved 4x4, such a great sandle-y episode :) The "I saw everything" comment was the first time that Sara really ever flirted with Greg. And it was really sweet, that Greg respected her, and he looked kinda embarrassed at her comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.