New Carmine Giovinazzo Fan Project: Get The Man An Emmy

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

:lol: I had to bust out the dictionary for PrettyEyes 'big' word too. You go girl for your large vocabulary and use of the word in the correct context- that kind of knowledge makes me so happy. :lol:

Crankyjules , Great letter! You really took your time and meated out the issues and presented a really well thought out letter.

2. MissMontana

MissMontana Hit and Run

hey y'all,
    looove all your letters so far. mine is still in progress, but i'll hurry up and get it to CBS asap. :)
    i also posted a message about this project on the CSI:NY board at the German version of facebook (for all the Germans on this board who don't know it yet, it's studivz.net).

i just hope my pep talk there inspired some German fans, who don't know about this board, to get down and write some lines.
    CSI:NY fans of this world, unite! together we can do this! :lol:

3. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

So i finished my letter and sent it to bullet_girl. She'll correct it and after i got the corrected version back, i'll post it here. :)

4. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

My bad. But poke PrettyEyes harder. Had she finished law school, she might know sesquipedalian phrasing has fallen out of favor. :lol:

Awww, thanks. It was my original intention to write the letter in a style closer in form to legal correspondence, where each statement is supported by outside sources. That way it doesn't appear to be merely the opinion of the writer. However, I was surprised to discover that Kristine is the only one who reviews CSI:NY with any degree of substance. God bless her for that! I read a review of "Run Silent, Run Deep" written by a fairly well-known reviewer who failed to make mention of Carmine's tears or performance. :eek: Put down the crack pipe, buddy, and actually watch what you're being paid to review. I wish the show received more critical attention that it does.

Yay! Thanks, Orison. Tell your friend who just joined the board that if she wants to hang with us in July, she MUST write too!

Not hating, girl. Anytime you can have a party and be the only one in the room, it's a beautiful thing. :lol: I would never reccommend medication, but that shit you smoke actually is "medication" in California. :lol: (I think ... the law on that seems to change by the minute. :rolleyes:)

Thank you, MissMontana! It's amazing how many boards there are out there. I really appreciate everything people are doing to get the word out.
    That's the spirit! :D
    Good job! Be sure to post it when you're through. It's great to read everyones comments.

5. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

What's the 'cutoff' on this project? I mean, there's not a specific date, right? Better yet, when are the damn Emmy's?! Because my letter is done, but well, not. :lol: I wrote it the other night, I think I might want to get rid of/add some things, etc. I just want to make sure that I get it in on time.

6. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

Thanks :eek: I'm one of those awfully boring people who live by the creed that if you're going to do something, do it properly and put everything you have in to it (ie, a perfectionist). Meaning I take forever to get anything done :lol: I DID take a long time - I even had to even watch 'Trapped' with the commentary all the way through to get the quotes. WHAT a CHORE - ;) snort!! Let's hope the dog doesn't hog the computer for that long ;)

Who's hating? heck you'd never be bored or lacking stimulating conversation :lol:

Weehee MissMontana!!!! /*crankyjules does an excited happy-dance. Good work!!!

Any other 'international' boards we can get it on? What about the French lurkers here? Whack it on that French board! We really are getting this out there. This is SO cool.

Kristine's reviews are absolutely wonderful. Extremely professional - I haven't read any other reviews of CSI NY (not that there's a lot out there) that sound like they are actually written by anyone with any credibility.

7. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Hehe, she knows. And she already promised to do it. ;)

8. Camelot

Camelot Victim

I am working on it...I pinky swear! :)

9. serenat

serenat Victim

Is there a deadline for this? I tend to take a long time rewriting ..etc.

Would it be appropriate to suggest Edward Furlong be submitted for consideration as well since the scenes between the two of them were so magnetic he deserves some of the credit there too? They do have an Emmy for Guest stars don't they?

serenat

10. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

So it's time to post my letter. I didn't send it to cbs yet. I want your opinions first and than I'll send it.

Dear CBS,

The Emmy submissions are coming along and I want to request your support for a remarkable show and one of its extraordinary talented actors.

CSI: NY is the second spin-off from CSI and is treated like an unimportant
    show which doesn’t deserve any respect or any support. I can’t understand this behavior.
    Both, CSI and CSI: Miami, getting a lot of support, for example a huge advertisement or pc-games. CSI: NY has nothing like this. Why?

CSI: NY gets more and more successful and deserves really your respect and
    you support. Especially now, when the Emmy submissions are coming around.
    Your opinion that there’s no chance of getting an Emmy with CSI: NY is incomprehensible for me. Sure, there’s no chance in the category “Drama Series” because the competition is so huge. But there are lots of other categories where the chance is bigger, for example “Supporting actor in a Drama Series”.
    A candidate for that is Carmine Giovinazzo, who plays Detective Danny Messer in CSI: NY.

Giovinazzo is a very talented actor, who distinguishes himself by versatility. A good example for the man’s versatility is the CSI: NY-episode
    “Raising Shane”. The scene near the end where Danny Messer is in the bar alone with the suspect is an outstanding performance of Giovinazzo who brings the spirit of New York into the show.
    In this situation full of suspense and emotions it’s important that the actor spiritualize the role so that the viewer can’t see that everything is just acted. Exactly this shows Carmine Giovinazzo. He lives the role and
    elucidates the emotions, which Detective Messer has in this situation.
    Giovinazzo shows the fear but also the engagement of Danny Messer and is very convincing with his performance.

And not only in this episode can you see Carmine Giovinazzo’s talent. In many other episodes of CSI: NY is he convincing with his ability. Giovinazzo does his job with a lot of engagement and makes the viewers to feel for him and his character. He represents the character’s emotions and situations extremely convincing.

This actor deserves your special respect and has to be honored. Give him what he deserves because he stands up for you with doing a great job every day. Carmine Giovinazzo should get something back!

Yours sincerely

11. MissMontana

MissMontana Hit and Run

*nods ins agreement*
    He's indeed very convincing!
    Very good, CarmineFan! :D i like your letter! it's straightforward and nicely written!

12. MrsGiovinazzo

There isn't a hard and fast 'deadline' for this project and the actual awards aren't given out until the end of August. However, believe it or not, all the big promotional decisions are being made NOW. It's a rather long process. While the 2007 info won't be updated for another couple weeks, here's what the general time line looks like:

February 26 - submission period begins
    March 26 - first submission deadline (based on the date the episode aired)
    April 26 - second submission deadline (again, based on the date the episode aired - this is for episodes that won't air until late in the season)
    July 7 - Emmy nominations announced
    August 26 - Emmy awards ceremony

For anyone who looks at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences site, I'm intentionally simplifying this by referring only to dates applicable to the Primetime Emmys. There are other Emmy ceremonies (i.e., Creative Arts; LA area) with different deadlines. Ignore those.

That's just a general overview of the time table for the Emmys. As we get closer to when all the action happens, I'll let you know the little details regarding the nomination process and the campaigning once we get to that point. It's a long process and I don't want to bog you all down with too much info all at once. But, if you're interested, I'll walk you through all the steps of the Emmy season and give you a bit of education. For now, we're in the period prior to submissions, when the networks are making their strategic decisions. What we need to focus on right now is getting CBS to give some thought to promoting Carmine.

This project will probably be ongoing to some extent in that once I determine which episodes CBS submits, maybe we can bug them each step of the way. After the submission period has ended and it comes time for the campaigning, we can ask CBS again to promote Carmine. I can give specific dates for the advertising deadlines and we can stay on top of CBS in the period leading up to the trade deadlines. Right now, we're not there yet. We just need them to consider promoting Carmine and selecting an episode that showcases his talents. Episode selection is important because the writing really hasn't been there for Carmine this season. Danny has taken a back seat in the majority of the episodes.

CarmineFan - That's a very nice letter. :D If you'd like me to help you clean it up so the English flows more smoothly, let me know. But as written, CBS will have no problem understanding what you mean.

EDIT:

I felt kind of hypocritical asking you all to promote this project on your MySpace pages because I didn't have one myself, even going so far as to say I'm too old for that when the girl who is busting her ass all over MySpace for this project is in my same age group. That and I absolutely love learning new things and there's a world for me to learn about MySpace. So, despite the fact that my "real life" friends don't go anywhere near that, I got myself a page in order to promote this project and well, just talk to all of you.

You can check it out here: Deb's MySpace. Come be my friend. You message board girls are truly the only people I know who go anywhere near that site.

A big THANK YOU to Crankyjules for all her help. I've been bugging this poor girl non-stop for the past couple days. "Crankyjules, how do I customize the layout of my page? Crankyjules, how do I delete the 'details' box from my profile? Crankyjules, how do I ad music? Crankyjules, how do I resize pics? Crankyjules, how do I ad that gorgeous advertisement you made for this project?" :lol: Crankyjules ... Crankyjules ... Crankyjules. It's a freakin' wonder the girl is still talking to me. :lol: So, anyhow, thanks crankjules! I owe you one ... or ten. :lol:

13. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

^ Lord did you give yourself an overuse injury typing my nick over and over? :lol: And don't worry, I'll be collecting at some stage or another ;) :p

Seriously - no worries. It was hardly a hardship. They were easy questions with easy answers. After all you've done here it's the least I could do.

And you myspace page is looking fiiiiiiine!!! Although I suspect I might have helped to create a monster here ... lol!

14. MrsGiovinazzo

^ Yes, typing your username that many times nearly gave me carpel tunnel syndrome. :lol:

And you DID create a monster! You know I couldn't just open an account and leave my page boring and uncustomized. Had to make it my own. ... And after all the time that took, now I need to get a freakin' life! My song still doesn't play though. :confused: But figuring that out will have to wait for another day.

I'm sure you will. :devil:

15. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

MrsG , or should I say 'old hypocritical lady' with the new MySpace page ;), you will find, or at least I did that you will be changing and updating information on the page constantly! :lol:

I am afraid that it has become quite an addiction, like one of my friends informed me it probably would. :lol:

BTW, the page looks great!