Through The Looking Glass

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CSIMarg, Sep 16, 2006.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I like it

your story is really good :D

and I don't think it's OCC at all :)

2. CSIMarg

CSIMarg Witness

Definite confidence boosts with your posts. Thank you. And I definitely had fun writing this part :) ENJOY
    ----

She shook her head, her strawberry blonde hair falling over her shoulders “If you count one of the granola bars that I stuck in my mouth tonight--” She parted with a smirk, “I would tell you no” She walked out of the office, with him following behind.

“I have a few questions on the case--” He clarified as he walked to the side of her, “We’re in need of some woman intuition” He admitted adamantly, because sooner or later she would realize what he was doing, but maybe she could help.

---

No, this part is not over...I'm still writing. I just don't want to get stuck again. But in the meantime I thought it would be nice to see more of Catherine's sarcastic remarks, even though she's still grieving. It's of course all part of her cover process.

3. CSIMarg

CSIMarg Witness

Sara and Grissom finally break silence...

-----

“I bet you would” He said quietly, “How’s Lindsey?” His smile faded slightly as he watched her soft demeanor alter, at the same time she adjusted her coat over her slender frame.

She wrapped her coat tightly around her, her arm holding firmly around her waist as she gave a slight shiver. “She’s with my sister” Catherine added firmly as she buttoned up her coat. “Now mind explaining to me why you’re dying to get me on this case?” She inquired gingerly.

His eyes flickered, “Twenty-six year old male found in the living room of his home…”
    ----

“Ever realize your life has just changed?” Sara perceived, taking another sip of her coffee. The rain was now at a drizzling swiftness that fell shortly upon the wet asphalt outside the window.

He looked up at her in wonderment “All the time” He gave her a slight smile as he stood up and put his mug into the sink. She gave her own sinking grin as she watched him rinse his mug out quickly with one swish.

She nodded as she took one nervous sip, then let the mug rest on her leg again. “I think…” She paused, then stopped as she sighed in frustration. This was harder than she thought. And where the heck was Catherine when you needed her? Ah, never mind.

Sara’s sudden delay of words caught his attention. He looked back at her, noting her staring into the dwindling hot liquid. So he set the cup back into the sink, wiping his hands aimlessly onto the towel before stepping forward.

His scent caught in the back of her throat, and she looked up. She swallowed and with defying eyes she spoke these words, “I think I’m pregnant”

Gil couldn’t help noticing the bewildered look that was creeping upon his face. They had been so careful—maybe not careful enough. “Are you sure?”

She shook her head, and stood up and walked over to the sink just as he sat down. She gave a revolting look to no one in particular, and poured the rest of her coffee down the drain. It wasn’t like she didn’t like it. The coffee was perfect in it’s own way—she just had never thought of the fact that she shouldn’t be drinking it if she was in fact pregnant.

Sara turned around, and leaned against the counter. “I don’t even know where to start”

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Awww, Geekbabies can be cute...please continue soon :)

5. CSIMarg

CSIMarg Witness

Thanks Mel-- suprise I'm actually updating twice today...

---

Gil couldn’t help noticing the bewildered look that was creeping upon his face. They had been so careful—maybe not careful enough. “Are you sure?”

She shook her head, and stood up and walked over to the sink just as he sat down. She gave a revolting look to no one in particular, and poured the rest of her coffee down the drain. It wasn’t like she didn’t like it. The coffee was perfect in it’s own way—she just had never thought of the fact that she shouldn’t be drinking it if she was in fact pregnant.

Sara turned around, and leaned against the counter. “I don’t even know where to start”

Chapter Six: Connect the Dots

“You start with finding out if you are” Gil encouraged wisely, as he stood. “Remember, we make a living by what we get, and make a life by what we give’” She arched a brow, wondering just how he knew what she was thinking. He gave a brief smirk “Sir Winston Churchill”

Sara could still see his mind racing, as she searched his face. “Right” She turned her back to him, then turned back around “And if this baby doesn’t like me?”

“I have no doubt that you won’t be a good mother Sara” He acknowledged, “But in order to find that maternal feeling deep down inside, you need to let it show”

6. MacsGirlMel

Nice again :)

7. ladyhunter

WOW!!
    this is a new twist to the story

I want to see what happens next :D

8. CSIMarg

CSIMarg Witness

I'm just starting to get write for TTLG again... had to take a break, in order to catch up with the other writing *sigh* :p

---

“We just checked the security tapes at the grocery store, and talked to Jessica Gannet and Monica Brunei” Warrick greeted as he walked back into the room, where Catherine sat studying some photographs of the crime scene, as well as some bagged evidence. His tone of voice, lined with satisfaction, led her to gaze up in his direction; her brow arching in inquiry of this discovery, “Jenna had met up with a friend when she was shopping.” He released, and tossed the file on the table, before taking a seat on the other side of the table. “According to the tapes, they walked around the store for awhile casually chatting, and later split up in their own separate cars to leave.”

“Which leaves another witness” She casually turned her view back towards the picture, her brows furrowing as she gazed pointedly back at the pictures, “Do we have a name?” Her words trailed in a tone of distraction.

He opened up the file, to reveal a stack of black and white photos. He took the first one, and laid it in front of her, “Carly Simons.” The picture was of a young woman, with shoulder length blonde hair, looped in a bun. He gazed over at the picture then over to the next photo on the stack; “A witness saw both Carly and Jenna leaving separately. ” He took the picture into hand, and set it beside the other photo that Catherine was studying. “The same employee also saw Jenna talking to a man right after Carly left.”

9. MacsGirlMel

RL stinks sometimes, doesn't it? Anyway, nice as always...please continue soon!

10. ladyhunter

I've been waiting for this story
    glad you got to work on it some

it's great
    can't wait for more

11. CSIMarg

CSIMarg Witness

Yes, it is true RL can stink... and glad you both waited because now I have more :)

---

She brushed her thumb over her left eyebrow; sighing quietly, “He get a positive ID on the guy she was talking to?” He shuffled through another few pictures, and set them to the side; his eyes observantly falling upon something in the picture, then shifted in respect to her response.

“Yeah, Nick and Brass are talking to the guy right now. See if we can get a description.” A short pause, and the ringing of his phone, he dug into the pocket of his jacket. “Brown” He greeted with both authority and compassion, while on the other end was silence— before the line went dead.

With a quizzical look, she watched as his eyes examined the phone number, his brows furrowing, before he repocketed the phone. “Wrong Number?”
    ----

“Got one fingerprint off the locket” Greg sauntered into the break room, holding a piece of paper, most likely with the test results. Sara stood up from where she was sitting, and walked over to him, “Curtis Manning” He released, and handed the paper over to her, which she gladly took with interest. “One count of petty theft, a couple years ago.”

“Well looks like he’s back in the spotlight” She added after a moment of looking over the sheet, and handed it over to Grissom, “Thanks Greg, anything else?”

“Yeah” he added, “They’re was some sticky substance on the back of the locket, like somebody had used the locket as a place to store their gum.”

Gil gazed up from the paper, “Well looks like somebody has some explaining to do”

“One Thirty Two” Gil offered, as they observed the brass numbers decorating the door of the prestigious Bellagio Hotel. A magnificent chandelier dangling from ceiling above them, as a prism of light reflected off beaded strings of crystal; adorning the form of the suspended fixture. The carpet beneath them, lined with delightful tan and brown circles--its black setting lightly blending with the hall walls.

One knock later revealed a woman in a blue wrap dress, her slender form, embraced by a versace eighteen-carat necklace centered around the v shaped curve of the dress-- as well as a gold tennis bracelet curved around her small wrist. “Can I help you?” She inquired, with a tone of confusion; her blue gray eyes reflecting a sense of concern as her brown hair fell in curls around her face.

12. MacsGirlMel

more soon! I'm glad you have more...and wondering who called Rick lol

13. ladyhunter

I'm glad you kept going with this :D

you know I really like this story ;)

14. CSIMarg

CSIMarg Witness

Rick's mysterious caller is coming up in the next little bit. Yes, I'm glad I went on with story too. It's been a long few days, so this one is going to be short, and here it is :).

---
    “Jim Brass, Las Vegas Police” He flashed his badge, as she griped the door tighter; obstructing their view into the room even more, as her body enclosed between frame, and her gaze circled from Sara to Gil with a questioning glance. His gazed back at Gil and back to her, “Gil Grissom and Sara Sidle from the Las Vegas Crime Lab”

“What can I help you with?” She loosened her grip, the door falling open just in time to draw attention to a man with short black spiky hair, which was gelled to perfection—to say the least. His five foot six stature donning a black suit as well as a red that he was tying around his neck—a white crisp shirt tucked neatly underneath.

“We’re looking for Curtis Manning.” Jim inquired, cocking his head, “Seen him?” his gaze caught hers, but was directed towards the man, who had now stopped dead in his tracks.

----

“No, didn’t recognize the number” Warrick returned back to the table and sat down--his thoughts starting to fall back towards the case. “Ballistics matched the bullet in Jack to a 22 Caliber. But blood pattern on the door shows a void, exactly where our perpetrator was standing”

15. MacsGirlMel

It's okay, I know how not having time to write goes. Well done; based on the pairs' reactions, I'm anxious to see what happens next.