Grade 'Obsession'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 17, 2007.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I did have to laugh at Danny ribbing Adam about being all bundled up. I agree, not anything outstanding, but not totally awful either. Hmm maybe a B-

2. circusgirl

circusgirl Civilian

The song was also played on Las Vegas back in DEC, it's by DNC "Swing Baby Swing"

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

It was such a boring episode. I gave it a C+. Seriously, the cases did nothing for me.

Oh, and I agree with those who said the puns used by the character suck. Like, when Danny said, "He finished dead last." in the opening scene made me want to yank my hair out. It was so cheesy & so bad. I think I'll stop watching the scene as it's nothing more then a dead body & a lame pun delivered by one of the characters. Comedy is not an element that should be on this show.

Flack made this episode enjoyable as did that Mac/Stella moments, but that's for elsewhere.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This episode wasn't the best, but it was alright. I thought the shopping cart case was the A-case since they started with it, but they showed a lot more of Mac and Stella's case, which I thought was much less interesting (Flack was the only saving grace that I could see). Don't get me wrong, the shopping cart racing was stupid as crap, and neither case had me really invested, but Mac and Stella's case just didn't draw me in at all. The resolution for their case was the same-old thing with the weird, unapologetic murderer. Danny and Hawkes' case was much better as far as feeling for someone in the case. You couldn't help feeling bad for the poor guy who did it.

The best part of the episode was the beginning, definitely. Adam made my night, he's so great. He definitely needs to go to the scene more often if he's always so amusing. This is the second time he's gone out in the field, and both times have been memorable and funny. He doesn't need to pull a Greg and become a CSI, but having him out of the lab more would be great. :p And if Danny calls him 'cupcake' I'll laugh my ass off. That was adorable, and will surely fuel a slash fic, because that's just how I am.

And to be totally shallow, since I want to marry him and have his babies, Adam was a total cutie tonight, but he should grow the beard back out a bit more. ;) It's sexy. But his hair was nice. Looks like they might be sexing him up a bit. :devil: I'm not gonna complain. :p

Hammerback coming to the lab was funny as well. I kept waiting for the creepiness to come out, though. :lol:

It looked like they got a new set. Was that a CSI garage? Adam is getting around more. :lol: Ask a question and poof, Adam turns around with the answer. That's kinda fun. :p

Danny turned down the dominatrix chick. Not that I can blame him though. True, she was cute, and clearly a bit freaky (which can be hot ;)), but come on--a woman who races shopping carts over snow and ice in big-ass heels? :rolleyes: That all just seems very stoopid. Good job, Danny, you need to get laid, but not by her.

Speaking of Danny turning chicks down--he didn't hesitate to ask Hawkes over for dinner with his mom though. :devil: My slashy senses are tingling. Hehe. :p A naughty fic with 'real mozzarella' in it, perhaps? :lol:

Not enough Angell, I was hoping she'd be there more after the first few scenes. But I loved her while she was on. ;) She works well with Danny and Hawkes. :devil:

And let me add to the sentiment that the CSI:Q game needs to die. It ruins the case. I was like 'oh, well it must be the ex, since we haven't even seen him yet.' :rolleyes:

So, overall, the episode wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the best either. I was hoping for more after such a long break without new episodes. The beginning was good, but it started to drag. I'm not going to vote yet, but it's looking like a A- or B+…

5. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ :lol: I forgot to metion that as well. Who the hell runs a race in a pair of heels that high. I always laugh a little on the inside when I see those girls wearing heels to the most awkward & uncomfortable places ever. I still have yet to see one fall :lol:...

And yes, the damn CSI Q thingie drives me insane as well. It makes the answer to the case much more obvious :rolleyes:.

6. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I gave it the episode a C. I loved all the quotes. Flack cracked me up when he said that he locked them up for the fun of it. Maybe it's me but at that age I wouldn't have found it fun to be locked in a cell.

Although the alternate case with Stella/Mac was very good.

7. Lindsay_Montana

Lindsay_Montana Hit and Run

Gave it a C too... Wasn't the best ep and the cases where kinda boring... And whats bothering me the most, nothing, not even a small hint about Lindsay secret...

8. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I will echo the thoughts of all in that in general this eppy did nothing for me. *shrug* It was nice to see Adam, however, and I did like that Danny invited Hawkes to dinner with Mommy!

9. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I pretty much agree with everything Faylinn said and with midnight_tiptoes about the puns. One at the beginning I can barely stand but to then have them coming everytime someone thought of one was stupid. I gave it a c-. Because Mac & Stella's case reminded me of a SVU episode about the same thing.

10. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

I thought the episode was okay. Not as good as some, but not terrible either.

Adam freezing was funny. I remeber spending a winter in southern California and laughing at people wearing down jackets anytime the temparture dropped below 60. (of course, i've spent most of my life in New England, and am used to the cold.) It's good to see him out in the field more.

the aptly named 'Idoit Run' was kind funny. But seriously, Who in ther right mind would wear high heels in snow and ice?

Danny and Hawkes are great together. Danny's invitng him to dinner was funny. Also, Messer is defianatly a dog person.

Flack was great, as usaul. Loved him arresting somebody because he didn't like them.

I sort of understood the snowflake thing,(only because we spent a day studying different types of snowflakes in chemistry a few years ago) but it still seeemed a little odd.
    I figured the murder weapon in the other case was a fake leg, just because it would be a bit odd.

Oh, and CSIQ thing pisses me off as well.It basicly shows the ending on more then 1 occasion.

11. Nim

Nim Pathologist

I'm so sad because I have to rate it C.
    Didn't catch my attention, I left some parts, but lately I didn't rewatched them because I didn't care.
    Pity...

Great to see Adam on the field!!! :D and the last line before the title song was Danny's! *proud*
    Poor Stella, another woman that fakes his rape :(
    I laughed when Flack was interviwing the killer. They have both deep voice, and they were talking like in a "who's got the deeper voice" challenge :lol:
    And the dominatrix dumped by Danny? Priceless :rolleyes:

My favorite scene? Danny and Sheldon, talking about mozzarella :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I gave it a C+. Not a bad episode, but not all that exciting. Not enough quality Flack to keep me watching, though; I kept flipping back and forth between CSI:NY and an old movie on another channel.

13. Nim

Nim Pathologist

Huh, I forgot...
    When Danny invites Hawkes at his mom's, I thought "so his mom is alive".
    Because he's always swearing on his mother's dead (or tomb. Don't remember how's the right line, here in Italy we swear on the tomb).
    But... could it be that the actual mother is an adoptive parent? :(

14. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

I seem to be one of the few people here who really enjoyed this ep. Why?? Because it had a LOT of Mac/Stella interaction and the chemistry between the two of them was what drew me to the show in the first place!

15. serenat

serenat Victim

Not the best episode but not the worst either. I thought the 'kidnapping' was fake from the beginning. and Idiot run, you're not kidding... :)

Adam in the field freezing was cute.

It was good to see the friendship with Danny and Hawkes. Simple lines like inviting Sheldon to dinner at his mothers really show that they are friends who spend time together outside of work. We already knew this from the Raising Shane episode but they hadn't given us many direct clues previously.

The episode could have been slotted in anywhere, no continuing storylines.

serenat