Nelly Furtado To Guest Star On ‘CSI:NY’

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jan 15, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Grammy nominated singer <font color=yellow>Nelly Furtado</font> is scheduled to guest star in an upcoming episode of CSI:NY.

Furtado will play murder suspect and world-class shoplifter, Ava Brandt. Brandt fulfills her customer’s wish lists full of the latest must-have items. She’s a master of disguise, whose chameleon ways enable her to stay out of reach from the law. When a store security guard is found dead in a dressing room, Brandt becomes the number one suspect, sending them on one of their most challenging hunts yet.

Furtado is currently nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals for her hit song “Promiscuous.” The 49th Annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast live on <font color=blue>CBS</font> Sunday, February 11.

The CSI:NY episode featuring Furtado is scheduled to air on Wednesday, February 7, during the week prior to the Grammy’s.

To read the full story, visit <A class="link" HREF=http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=18378>ComingSoon.net</a>.<center></center>

2. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Canadians are invading CSI :lol:

Im not going to judge Nelly just yet, I'll wait til the episode.

I just don't get why they're bringing in all these singers to be on the show, they can't find actors to fill these roles..? Maybe TPTB want to give NY a little more hype and try and bring in more people *shrugs*

3. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Waouh!

When i first read the title , i thought she would be there only as a singer but she is gonna act :eek: I think it's great (not her acting of course i've never seen her playing :lol: )

I just hope it will be better than Mr Kevin Spears :lol:

4. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

I am glad much that she goes out in episode of CSI:NY.

I like Nelly Furtado much as singer. I have desire of seeing if she is equal of good as actress that as singer.

:) :) :)

5. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot of talented actresses out there who could fill the role and I have to admit I'm not entirely happy to see them going in this direction. First Christina Aguilera and now Nelly Furtado? :confused: Won't judge their performances before the episode airs but it does seem weird.

6. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I loved Nelly's old tracks, her new one's are not really my style but quite nice. Because I'm a bit of a fan, I like that she's gonna be on the show, but I have to agree that it's not necessary for CSI: NY to do this.

7. CSIWisconsin48

CSIWisconsin48 Hit and Run

oh i LOVE Nelly Furtado! i've only heard her singing and havn't seen her act. I agree with sissi59100, i hope its better than K-Fed...:| i love that she's gonna be on the show and can't wait to watch :)

8. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

I am looking more forward to Aguileras episode but this should be interesting

9. tabbiez

tabbiez Witness

Took the words right out of my mouth ^^;; Kevin Federline with a pig mask was very entertaining, somehow :lol:
    Nelly Furtado used to be one of my favourite singers, but now I don't even recognize her.

10. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to think NY is going for more style than substance these days...

11. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

^
    ^
    It's not just you, I've been thinking that too, you just worded it better :lol: It seems they want to bring in a big name in hopes it brings more viewers. If they put more thought into their storylines, and advertised those accordingly then they would be okay and they wouldn't have to resort to throwing all these singers (who might be able to act, I dunno yet) at us.

12. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Wow, it seems that CSI:NY is counting with music stars or whatever they are to have more people watching the series,i guess...I don't think that they need it, but anyway, it would be funny to see Nelly Furtado...Just like Christina Aguilera...I just hope that this don't bring down what they used us to in the series, a good story...