New Carmine Giovinazzo Fan Project: Get The Man An Emmy

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Jan 15, 2007.

1. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ Yes, I caught at least one typo as I hit "enter" on that post, but if you think for a freakin' second I'm gonna attempt to edit after what happened yesterday, think again. Sorry for the typos. Deal. :lol: And from here on, I'll try to stay up on this thread better so my posts aren't so long.

2. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

Crikey. What a post MrsG :lol: (Mine's going to be just as bad.)

Sounds like my experiences trying to watch those interviews on CBS innertube. Glad you're back in the virtual land of the living.

At least in that circumstance you would help get to 'sting' them. Me, I have to sit and listen to them, apparently suspending my judgements, and give them whatever assistance they are there for :mad: :mad: Makes me sick.

You rock too. Lets start a band :D

I have the time if you want me to join the Australian ones. Told you ... whatever I can do to help you with this one I'm on to it.

Ohhh I've been pimping hard baby. :devil:

I know you will :)

Pimp pimp pimp. I literally reached hundreds and hundreds of Carmine and CSI:NY fans yesterday.

BTW, one of the myspace people (as opposed to community) was Dorka. Along with posting the bulletin on myspace as I requested, she also asked if she could post it on Carmine Online, and asked who to credit. I told her to go right ahead, as long as she mentioned talkcsi, and that you were the person to credit. Didn't mean to encroach on you talking to that site ... just a byproduct of the myspace thing.

Like I said ^, I have the time so if you want me to do the Australian end I'm more than happy. You the bosslady ... give me your preference :D Order me around a bit :devil:

And great letters peoples!! I haven't gotten around to working on mine yet (and neither has my dog :lol:). Been to busy pimpin' :p

3. MrsGiovinazzo

^ Almost as epic as my post. :lol:

Not encroaching at all. Dorka was on my list of contacts for tomorrow afternoon anyway. Thanks for saving me a step. :D I'll probably contact her anyway just to thank her for adding the info to her site, if she does.

Alrighty, you jump all over the Australian sites. If there are any I should join to second your posts, let me know.

Now that's opening up a whole can of worms you don't want to get into, but I love it when you talk dirty to me. ;)

Thanks for all your hard work, crankyjules! You are truly doing a ton on this project and I really appreciate your help.

4. crankyjules

Good idea. And she's right on it too. Virtually the minute she signed on to myspace it was all done :lol: It's all up there on Carmine Online already!

I'll do the same as I did on myspace and livejournal - posted your 'long-arse' post nearly in it's entirety LOL!

:D :devil:

No worries. Just utilising my good organisational and networking skills :) Anything else you might want me to do just let me know. You are a genius for coming up with this project.

ETA: What ever way I can give back I want to. Apart from the enjoyment he gives us from watching his work on our TV screens every week, in his movies etc, I seriously need to thank him for something else (which I haven't done yet). He has, unwittingly, made a huge impact on my own creative life. And that is something really important to me. So if we can give any boost to his career in any way, I'm all for it. I can't possibly make as huge a difference as he has, but I can give back in little ways like this.

5. MrsGiovinazzo

You scare me sometimes. I could almost swear we share a brain. That's actually a very large part of the reason I'm as devoted a fan as I am. His Renaissance man ways inspire me in my own creative pursuits. As do his fans. I can't even begin to express how much of an impact Carmine and his fans have had on my life. At the time I first googled his name, I was working 70+ hours a week in a totally unfulfilling job because like the Type A freak that I am, it wasn't enough to simply practice law. I'm ultra-competitive and felt compelled to make sure I out-billed every associate in my firm. Then I google the guy and get sucked into this whole completely foreign message board world. I was blown away by all the creativity and the talent so many of his fans have. I found myself learning amazing things from girls half my age. My billables went down the toilet long ago and I can't even begin to explain the freedom in realizing I couldn't give a flying f**k about that. I stopped practicing law full time to pursue other things and have never been happier. I thank him and all of you for that and will repay my gratitude in literally any way I can. This being the best thing I can think of at the moment.

Sorry for the off-topicness of that. Just wanted to say that I feel exactly as crankjules does ... as always. :lol:

6. AU_REVOiR

AU_REVOiR Victim

I don't know how to help, but I will try my best.
    Carmine is quite an excellent actor; he really gets into character.

7. MrsGiovinazzo

Welcome to the board, Au_Revoir. It's easy to help. Just write to CBS using this feedback form. Tell them exactly what you just wrote, in as much detail as possible. And ask them to bust some booty to get Carmine an Emmy nomination. :D

8. crankyjules

Okay now that's scary ;) Freaky-deaky twin-lady. But yes, are we like those freaky twins who finish each other's sentences or something? ROFL!

Exactly. I had not been doing what I'm emotionally built to do for a long time and was very unhappy. Now I'm performing again, which I had stopped doing a few years ago. I'm songwriting again, and I hadn't done that for the longest time. I've picked up the pencils and paintbrushes again .. all these things that I had let slide for different reasons and now I know that when I'm feeling restless and uncomfortable, it's because I need to be doing something creative. It's something inherent in me that I need to nuture. (note new siggie - 'nother new quote yet again :lol: )

And better .. I'm pushing myself further than I normally would. Trying to break my comfort boundaries. And that's a direct result of seeing Carmine's absolute bravery in laying himself so wide open in his performances.

I'm often thrilled, excited, 'getting in the zone' (which is THE best feeling in the world) and best of all, I like what I am.

This has become an intensely personal post (and I apologise for that), but I'd be pretty sure that people like Carmine sometimes don't even have a clue of the depth of the impact they can have on other people. The whole world is a creative web of connection.

Yeah. What she said. :lol: :lol:

And to make this an on topic post :rolleyes: .. apart from Dorka doing her bit, I've had one (count it - one) reply to all that 'spamming', which said 'consider it done'. Early days yet ... :)

9. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

It took me two days to get back on the computer, but I am ready to do this. CSI NY deserves and emmy, and Carmine definately deserves one. I'll post this on my LJ and Nex pages (though I don't know if anyone still reads them) and hopefully we'll get this up! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a letter to compose!

10. MrsGiovinazzo

Thanks for participating, CSI_in_training. :D

And crankyjules, I love your new signature.

11. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'll see if I can post it on a myspace bullentin as well. Even though I rarely use my account it'll be for a good time. No, not that kind :devil:.

12. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

You know, jorja, you say that these words you are using are not meant to be dirty, but I see through you. I know that you are such a dirty girl, that needs to be let out!!!! :lol:

I can post something on myspace as well. My friends already know about my 'devotion' to Carmine, and this is for a good cause.

13. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

*Sigh* Why can't anyone take me seriously :(. It's so hard for me sometimes. I cannot even make a post without somebody taking it out of context & making it something dirty :p.

Myspace is an awesome way to spread news & now that I have you on my friend page we can see all the bullentins that each one of us posts :devil:. I can't wait to see yours :devil:.

14. MrsGiovinazzo

If any of you girls do anything particularly cool on your MySpace pages related to this project, post the links for us so we can all admire your handiwork.

15. crankyjules

^ Alrighty then.

It's been a deadly quiet day at work so I've been using my time wisely :)

I thought ... better to catch people's eyes to get them in. Did an eyecatching graphic, which I then linked to my posts at my blog, myspace, and livejournal. For an example you can see them at:

myspace
    crankyjules' blog

I also then went round the communities on myspace and livejournal and replaced posts with the picture (and linked), and posted some comments on myspace with the picture as well. WAY better to catch someone's eye.

I was even really bloody cheeky and posted the thing on AJ's myspace :eek: Hope he doesn't get pissed off by that :lol:

On myspace, I've reached over 1,000 members in the communities, and on livejournal over 600. Admittedly, quite a few of those are probably going to be the same people all over the place. What's the supposed return rate on surveys and the like? Something really paltry if I remember correctly. I figure, even if we get a 'return' rate (or in this case, people actually contacting CBS) of a measly 4% of 1000 Carmine fans, that's 400 letters to CBS. That's a lot.

And that's not even including everyone who reads the prime-time tv forum on myspace. And I haven't done the Australian forums yet but I suspect the effect there will be minimal. Hard to get people's collective apathetic arses moving sometimes :rolleyes: :D

ETA: because I forgot. MrsG these are probably already on your list, but someone on one of the myspace community forums suggested we post at the CSI forums on Fanforum and Fanbolt. God bless them.