"Sweet Jane" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
    Air Date: Thursday, January 18, 2007
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: "Sweet Jane"

THE CSI TEAM TRIES TO GET A READ ON ITS NEW MEMBER AS HE JOINS THEM IN TRACKING A SERIAL KILLER WHO HAS TARGETED YOUNG WOMEN SINCE THE 1970s.

"Sweet Jane" -- Catherine and the rest of the CSI team find it challenging to get a good read on their new member as he joins them in tracking a recently active serial killer who has been killing since the 1970s -- Liev Schreiber joins the cast in the recurring role of Michael Keppler, a seasoned CSI who is assigned to Grissom's team during Grissom's teaching sabbatical. Ned Beatty guest stars as Dr. David Lowry, the dentist of the newest victim.

As Catherine and Keppler begin to investigate the murder of a teen-aged "Jane Doe," both agree that the killer, who was meticulous in removing evidence from the body and its surrounding area, is likely a repeat offender. Soon they and the rest of the CSI team uncover three similar unsolved cases that suggest the serial killer has been active since 1975.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    Sofia Curtis: Louise Lombard
    Hodges: Wallace Langham

RECURRING CAST:
    Michael Keppler: Liev Schreiber
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Lindsey Willows: Kay Panabaker

GUEST CAST:
    Dr. David Lowry: Ned Beatty
    Mr. Sorensen: Vince Grant
    Mrs. Sorensen: Laura Leigh Hughes
    Detective Paul Browning: Chris Bauer
    Jake Daniels: Tom Wright
    Court Clerk: Jonathan Walker Spencer
    Office Manager: Sandy Martin
    Street Guy: R.C. Bates
    Female Dental Patient: Pat Crawford Brown

Links:

Thanks Futon Critic
    CSIFiles - Plot Details

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

WOW I'm the first poster here...

looks intriguing
    the new CSI should prove interesting in Grissom's absence
    and

the name of the song playing in the promo's is..

Sweet Jane by The Cowboy Junkies

the reason I say that is the song drove me crazy once I saw the promo for the episode :lol:

3. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

Second poster!!
    Hah cause I'm cool like that.

I am so anxious to see Keppler. I know Catherine doesn't mind him, but what will the others think?

4. TRICK

TRICK Dead on Arrival

So, just a question, what were Catherine and Keppler doing, anyway, that made Nick so angry?

5. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

Keppler and Catherine:
    I'm not sure, but I think Keppler's CSI style is different than the others, and Catherine is going along with what he's doing. I think he's not going by the CSI rules that everyone else has to follow, and Catherine is letting him.

*Edited: to remove the spoiler tag since this orginial thread has a spoiler warning in the main title and is for discussing this episode without having to use the tag.*

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

TRICK Please see your private messages regarding your signature.

letsdance I removed the Spoiler tag, this thread is for this discussion and there for carries a spoiler warning in the main title, so a tag is not needed in this thread for this ep. ;)

7. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Considering that even before the arrival of Keppler Catherine has shown her willingness to use her "feminine charms" to obtain information... well, I just think that of all the characters right now, she is most in the position to be corrupted by an outside force. She is already willing to go a little over the line to get things done, and once you cross the line, the next few miles is clear sailing.

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

From the scene I saw between Catherine and Sara, Cathering is basically refusing to tell her team what she's doing with Keppler. I have to assume, since Nick seems the most upset, that she does something a little more extreme regarding him. Or maybe it's just that Nick has always been a team player and was on her team before and remembered how much he didn't like it.

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree with Sarahvma. If you watch fifth season episode called I think it unbearable or something, I can't remember the name of the episode when Nick said to Catherine, "Whatever."

He didn't like Catherine acting like too bossy, like he can't do his job. Nick is a team player.

I wondering how Grissom is going to react about his team acting like that towards Catherine.

10. Shady Lane

Shady Lane CSI Level Two

Does anyone have a link to a promo, besides the one on the main site?

Thanks SO much!

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think that the team split was hard on all of them. While Catherine liked to frequently state that she could do Grissom's job better, I think she would've preferred to really strike out on her own - not actually be given a chunk of Grissom's team.

As for Nick, he was always looking for Grissom's approval while treating Catherine as an equal. So it may just have been this sudden feeling of, "Why do I have to listen to you?"

Both Nick and Sara reacted the same way when Warrick became shift leader in Ellie.

12. TRICK

TRICK Dead on Arrival

Interesting. 8D
    All right, thanks, everyone. x3
    *can't wait for Thursday.*

13. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

Okay, thankks :)

14. Musicluvr325

Musicluvr325 Police Officer

Man, I'm looking forward to this like you wouldn't believe.

Seeing Nick so pissed off the the clips we've seen has me worked up over knowing what's going to go on.

15. vexus

vexus Pathologist

I'm ready for this episode.

And I keep thinking that anytime there is a new person to the team, the other team members are very weary of them. Remember when Sara came to LV, how Catherine treated her.