Grey's Anatomy

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hankster, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Last night's ep was great. [​IMG]
    I knew there was a two-part coming up.....anyway I'm looking forward to the second half. :D

I felt so sad for George. :( He had some touching moments.
    I also feel bad for Meredith's dad. :(

Izzy finally cashed the check, hoooray! [​IMG] For a minute, I thought the check was no good. :eek:

BTW, Iloveyou is that Spencer? :D

-----------------
    [​IMG]

2. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I got a bit a choked up with the scenes with George's dad, as I lost my dad in early 2005. Unlike George, I didnt' get to spend time playing cards with him a day or two before he died of a sudden heart attack, but I did talk with him on the phone for about an hour the day before.

I can also understand why Izzie would get choked up upon depositing that check. Still, that bank employee didn't act like any bank employee I've ever known. They wouldn't give a rat's patootie if there were food stains on it--it the check were good, and the money got into that bank, that employee would really boost his average customer's balance and get a nice commission that quarter--not to mention he'd have been referring her to the bank's investment rep, and trying to sell her a safe deposit box, a credit card and any other bank product he could think of. Whomever wrote that script has obviously NOT opened a new account at a bank in DECADES!!!

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Who says she was opening a new account? And besides, she was acting a little freaky- crying and babbling. However, most bank types probably wouldn't have said "Is this some kind of joke?" I used to work in a bank and the motto was "Grin and bear it." :lol:

4. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Izzie will pay for that girls surgery for her spine?

5. Missing

Missing Pathologist

But you can never prepare yourself for what you see, and even George was not prepared, as that is why he stood by the wall. It is not easy to see a loved one like that. No matter how many people you see like that as a doctor, you are not emotionally envolved with that person so it does not affect you that way as it does when you see a loved one there.

I think she will too.

6. BabaOReilly

^^^ Yep- see my earlier comment where I mentioned knowing where she's going to spend some of her money. :)

7. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I also used to work in a bank (during the 1990s) and ANYTIME a client deposited a LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY (10s of 1000s or higher), we were borderline REQUIRED to ask them about it and do everything we could to get them to buy a CD, see an investment rep or something like that. The largest banks in Seattle are Wells Fargo and Bank of America, which are NOTORIUS for their pushy sales tactics (one of the many reasons why I no longer work in banking--those tactics pissed off too many long-term customers.) Anyway, you're in Canada where the bankers don't do the big ol' hard sell/get every customer in 4 products or more type of tactic.

Plus, Izzie had to be opening an account becuase she wasn't in the teller window, she was at the new accounts desk. :lol:

8. BabaOReilly

Yes, I too worked at the bank. And when they had a large cheque, we'd send them over to the manager...

I once served Tommy Chong and he was wearing glasses and looking normal, so I totally didn't recognize him. He was trying to deposit like $10000 in cash so I ID'd him and started over to my manager... halfway there I read the name on the ID and said, "Oh..." My boss laughed and said, "Yeah, that'll be fine!" :lol:

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I'm just glad Izzy finally deposited the damned cheque. I'm with Bailey- that's a freakin' lot of wasted interest! :eek:

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

:lol: She's got 8 million already, what does she need interest for?

Great episode. Amazing acting by TR Knight. Can't wait for next week :D

10. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

Wow I haven't posted here in a while, sorry! :(

Loved, loved, loved Thursday epi!

Izzie finally cashed that check!!! It is about damn time! :rolleyes: and yes, she will probably pay for that girls spinal surgery, they forshadowed that in thurs epi. that and Baily yelling at her for 'getting to involved' with her patients- again! :lol:

I am pumped for Addison and Alex- oh yeah, I see some serious fireworks there!

Poor George :( It was very hard for him to deal with the severity of what could happen to his father. Sometimes people may not realize that even if you deal with death and dying and everything inbetween on a daily basis, that the reality is that you are HUMAN and seeing a loved one suffering or dying is different than seeing (treating) someone you do not know.

I am also pleased to see Meredith take responsiblity and control and talk to her father, instead of continually not dealing with it.

YAY excited for new epi next week!

11. Shady Lane

Shady Lane CSI Level Two

I haven't posted in awhile either!

So everyone liked the new episode? That's awesome :)

12. iloveyou

iloveyou CSI Level One

haha yes as a matter of fact it is :)

13. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Sweeeeet! :lol: I like him and his dad. :D

--------------
    [​IMG]

14. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Golden Globe Winner[/b]

Congratulations to "Grey's Anatomy" for winning Best TV drama!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

----------------
    [​IMG]

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I turned on my tv this morning, and the Ellen show was on. I'm a huge fan of Ellen Degeneres, and I was thinking how much fun it would be to go to her show. I started thinking about how awsome it would be if she had the cast of Grey's on, and I could get a chance to meet TR Knight. And as soon as I thought his name, Ellen said 'and next up we have TR Knight' :lol: it was so weird.

Anyway, it was a great interview. He's so cute. They talked about the 'incident' they had on the set a while back, and his 'coming out'. He didn't use these exact words, but he pretty much called Ellen a roll model. It was really sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.