"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 8, 2006.

1. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Bum rushing is quite similar to Fannysmackin, however the targets, as one might guess, are different. Fannysmackin goes after primarily fanny-packers, or tourists. Whereas bum rushing attacks bums, or the homeless.

Either way, both are heinous acts that unfortuneatly happen pretty often. I remember being in Miami and hearing about something like that that was caught on tape.

Nice comparison :)

2. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned before, but in the UK there is a craze called 'Happy slapping' which is basically going up to strangers and hitting them or kicking them, and usually it's filmed on camera-phones. There's no pattern to it, just whoever they fancy targeting next.

Sadly people have been so badly beaten they've died. So it's a very real phenomenon.

3. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Whoa.. that super sucks. How very awkward.. never would have thought of that. Again, nice connection.

4. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

They showed that on one of the news programs here, that they think it's funny and they end up on YouTube and such.

I just don't know what in the hell is wrong with some people? But you do know that if that happened to them, they'd be the first to run crying or something, best way to deal with a bully is to beat him at his own game, usually they are just cowards and need to intimidate to make themselves feel better.

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I'm watching the re-run and it's gonna be hard to watch again. :rolleyes: I remember when it was going to air.. I was flipping out and started crying when I saw Greggo in the credits... :lol:

6. sherlockanne

sherlockanne Lab Technician

OMG I know... Ahhhh it's the part where he gets beat up... *Grabs sandersidle*

7. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

*grabs sherlockanne* :( I was shouting at my tv: NOOOO GREGGO NO! Poor guy!!

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah it was sad *hugs Greg*

How come we never saw anything come of Nick's KFedsmackin'? I'd have thought he'd at least get reprimanded...wonder if he did offscreen.

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i think thats one of the writers dont think we will worry about ;) im sure hed be repremanded, but in order for legal action to happen kfed would have to press charges yes? he probably has more important things to worry about now that hes in jail for a long long time :D
    i nit pick over little details too, i still want to smack the defense attorney from unusual suspects that claims only a genius knows how to use sodium :rolleyes: oh well, just a show right?

10. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

I bet the whole punching incident gets buried and is never mentioned since they got Pig dead to rights. It's *cough* been known to happen in cases before *cough cough* that little "indiscretions" are "overlooked" and they can "intimidate" the suspect enough to not say a word about it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did I use enough "" in that one? :D *cough!!!*

11. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

It's interesting though how Demtrius' family can sue Greg for wrongful death, but nothing is heard about Pig. Not that I would want that, Pig totally deserved to be introduced to Nicky's fist, especially after what he did to Greg. I've been kinda hoping that some new evidence from the incident would come to light that would implicate Demetrius' brother somehow and throw out the civil suit--that maybe one of the piglets would start singing in their pigpen and identify him as one of them, or confirm beyond a doubt that Demtrius did what Greg said.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I seriously doubt the piglets would talk at all, they don't seem to care about anything. But I also would love to see DJ's brother implicated in some way.(the cell phone video comes to mind here) You know he would not have been there when DJ was hit or when Greg was attacked because Greg would not have come out alive if he was.

This episode was almost as hard to watch this time as before, even though I had it taped and watched several times after it first aired.

13. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

ITA with you there... I admit that I walked out of the room at the beginning of that alley scene. It still irritates me that Greg is being made to defend his actions after they nearly beat him to death.

14. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

Im not ashamed to say that the tears were flowing again last night, but not as profusely as the first time i saw "Fannysmackin'" :( It still breaks my heart to see sweet Greggo take that beating.

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

It was hard to watch ... even the second time around
    and (I can't believe I missed this)

how much Grissom's and Greg's upbringings are
    listening to Greg tell Gris how his mom protects him
    is,to me, just how Gris grew up

and I hope out of all of this that the civil suit does get dropped against Greg because I wonder how far TPTB are going to take it...