You Talk Funny!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BittenByTheWolfe, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

awww i love collin farrel...not like that but he's so cool

2. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

I was born and raised in South Africa, but moved to Canada and lost my accent, :(. Afrikaans accents are HOT. I wish I still had mine. I pick it up when I'm around people who have it though. I've been told that I speak with an accent, but I've gotten everything from Southern, British, Irish, even Indian once, I dunno, maybe I say certain things funny, but I think I talk like a normal Canadian now. lol

3. rockstahgreggo

rockstahgreggo Civilian

im gunna have to say that scotish accents are the best! and my mom says greggo has a accent!

4. draig_goch

draig_goch Lab Technician

Hello I am welsh and have a broad Welsh accent! its a funny acent we as a nation drop our H's alot and our vowels are rounded lol :lol:

5. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

I live in Austrlia. I've never been out fo the country let alone new york....and people say I have the same accent as Danny! Should I be worried? :lol:

6. araSgerG

araSgerG Lab Technician

I've got this absolutely awful Southern accent (well, not just Southern because a Southern accent has several dialcts; like Georgian, Louisianan, Texan, Tennesseean, etc.) I've got an Arkansas accent...It's not as bad as my brother's though who was told to sound out and spell the word finger so he spelled it F-A-N-G-E-R. I say stuff lie y'all and ain't...but my uncle went to Canada and they thought he was English! How weird, huh?
    Does a Southern accent sound anything like any English accent?

7. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

Nope...it shouldn't anyway.

I thinks southern accnts are sexy i.e. George Eads and Emily Procter :p

8. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

:lol: The Australian accent is nothing like Dannys accent!...Well, at least I don't think so. I don't think you should be worried until you start actually talk "Australian" and start saying things like "Shrimp on the barbie!"...which is odd because we call them prawns...

But then again, Australian accents sound funny when surrounded by American accents like Jesse Spencer on House :lol:

9. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

I have a "no accent accent". I'm from the mid-atlantic East coast USA, and I don't really think I have a dialect, except for the words I use, like "hoagie" instead of "sub" or "hero". The one thing that says I'm from there is the word water :p I say wooder (which drives me crazy when I hear other people say it...so I must sound bad..) but thats' it. Wait one more thing, I also say "You know?" a ton. :lol:

I wish I had a New Zealand-American hybrid accent like Phil Keoghan does though :p.

10. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I'm from Boston and I don't have much of a Boston accent, but I do have a slight accent.

11. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Oh my goodness I have a South Jersey accent and I'm trying so desperately to get rid of it. I wish I'd stayed in Wyoming so I could get that country girl accent lol. But even then, I'm not that bad. My mom's boyfriend's mom (hahaha) has a really really thick Philly accent. It's awesome lol.

12. MMForbiddenDonut

MMForbiddenDonut Witness

I am also from the same area. ;) It's funny how everything sounds normal to me when I talk yet whenever I go on vacation, everyone there can automatically tell where I am from. And even people around here tell me that they can tell I came from Philly.

araSgreG Your avatar....hilarious!

13. rockstahgreggo

rockstahgreggo Civilian

lolz, nice. that sounds interesting! ive never heard a welsh person talk ^^ lolz,

14. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Both my parents speak russian but they immigrates to Canada Alberta then had had. So i grew up in a russian household, speaking russian, and speaking english everywhere else. But if you did not know me and we were speaking for the first time, you would not think i knew another language. I have my russian accent when i speak russian. Nothing else.

15. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

Ok, I don't think you really got what I was saying....I'm a born australian.....my Paretns and brothers all do the Aussie Speak and I'm all 'New Yorker' and weird with the accent :lol: