The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i was potentially going to see that one but id not heard what it was about and thought it might be depressing. we went to night at the museum instead :lol: i dont think you could have more opposite choice. i really liked it, since i had been at the museum of natural history the week before. althoug the sets they made to be the inside were different than the way the museum is set up, but i guess they made it the way they needed to suit the script.

last week i also saw the holiday. really cute chick flick, we all left the theatre feeling happy. :)

and then last night my friend and i watched the producers, since we couldnt see it on broadway (although we were glad because tonay danza was in it :eek:) i really liked it, the histarical scene was a little too much for my friend :lol: but by the end we were both laughing

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Really, I didn't realize that, HMMM interesting.. I will look into it, love that cast as well.. I think a friend of mine saw it, so I'll ask him ;)

3. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

Saw Final Destination 3 on dvd and actually liked it. This one takes place on a rollercoaster as opposed to the first one that dealt with a plane. A bit gory at times but the plot of how fate can play a role in your life was a bit interesting.

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I just tried to watch Borat on DVD and... I got half an hour in and I had to walk away. It started off funny in the little Village he's supposedly from, but then when he starts randomly embarrassing and humiliating complete strangers, I just felt too uncomfortable.

5. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

I just went and saw A Night At The Museum! It was very well done, and really funny too!! I'd definitely recommend this movie to anyone.
    I also just got The Lake House! I always wanted to see it in theaters, but nobody would go with me :lol: It was an excellent movie!

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I saw Night at the Museum too. I agree with you - absolutely fantastic.

7. AmyDavina

AmyDavina Witness

Ok the last film I saw was Devil Wears Prada. I really need to get to the cinema again soon. After all my exams are over and I've finished all my essays, then I definately will!

8. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

That's the reason I'm a little reluctant to watch that movie. Unfortunately I find things like that hard to watch and I also start feeling a little uncomfortable when people are humiliated. I'm sure it's a good movie and very funny, but it's just not my cup of tea I'm afraid. :)

I watched Sin City last night (it was a Christmas present), I've seen it once before and really enjoyed it. I love the way it was made, very original. I recommend it. :)

9. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

I saw 'The Departed', very good movie (even if Scorsese isn't my favorite director) but a bit too violent though. Di Caprio is great, Nicholson and Damon (I used to love you Matt but here no way :lol:) are evil. And the Irish punk music is awesome, I just love it ! Worth seeing movie.

10. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Is that remake good? Ive seen the south korean original film - Il Mare. It is also very good too. :D

11. SMACkedMM

SMACkedMM Dead on Arrival

Watched She Hate Me the other day, meh..

12. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

I just finished watching Surviving the Game. Ice-T kicks major ass in this movie. I caught it the other night on TBS but they always chop movies to pieces and they dub in the worst words for the swearing... so I went and bought the DVD today. The movie is a million times better in its original context. But then all movies are. I also bought New Jack City, another movie with Ice-T. Which is the next one I'll be watching.

13. keich

keich CSI Level One

I haven't been out to the movies lately. But I just watched "The Island" (Ewan McGregor, Scarlet Johannsen) on HBO.

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ And did you like it?

I think we need to change the name of this thread to "What did you think of the last film(s) you watched?" :lol:

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

^^^ That's not a bad idea. The title of the thread doesn't help matters does it? :lol:

Please ensure that you let us know what you think of the last film you saw. Please don't post something like "Die Hard, it was good". Elaborate and give us something more to read, we want to know if the film is worth watching or not. This is not the first time this problem has come up. Please stick to the rules of this thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.