Torchwood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by faith666, Oct 23, 2006.

1. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

Bleak house was great! i fell in love with Guppy,lol:)

2. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I saw the pilot a couple of days ago and liked it a lot. I'm interested in seeing a couple of more episodes.

3. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

Sunday's eisode was great! I think it was the best episode so far. Was anyone else really shocked by the ending? I was kinda beginning to see it but I didn't think they'd do it that soon.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, I found it quite unexpected really (but I am a little slow in these things). I kind of still feel up and down about Torchwood, sometimes it's great and other times it's just a little weird. The episode was fairly good though, freaky villages is always one of those things that makes you shiver a little! :)

5. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

i didnt really like yesterday's episodes, i think it was the general storyline of what the villagers did (i dont want to say it in case some people havent seen it yet) and was i the only who thought the ending was really obvious?

6. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

true the ending was obvious but at least it shows that strange things happern outside of Cardiff as well asin it

7. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

OMG!! I don't even know where to begin with that episode. What was up with that bit at the end with Ianto and Jack? It really sounded a bit like there was something going on between them. Or is that just me? And did Suzie seem to imply that her and Owen had a thing at one point?

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, I thought the ending implied something with Ianto and Jack too! And I figured that Suzie had slept with Owen at some point from what she said, but I was confused with the bit where she killed her Dad (or tried to). :confused:

I thought it was a great episode actually, really quite interesting. Their interaction with the police was good too, I had kind of figured Torchwood to be a bit more 'underground' than that.

9. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

I haven't seen Sunday's episode *reads thread through fingers*
    but I just wanted to ask I know a few people who have said this now. Last weeks with the 'mind reading'. Did anyone think it was a bit too Buffy?
    I know Russel T said he was watching alot of Buffy and Angel when he came up with the idea of Torchwood but it aint the first time I thought it was similar.
    Even to the over hearing murderous thoughts and stopping a killing?
    I've been enjoying the series just parts of it seem slightly Spooks/CSI/Buffy
    Whats your thoughts.....
    Ohhh and SOOO excited about Dr Who Crimbo Special!

10. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

Astrid ive noticed some of the episodes have bits similar to Buffy and Angel, its probley because Russell T.Davis cant come up with any good ideas of his own.
    Anyway, back to last weeks episode: to begin with i didnt get what jack and ianto were referring too but after i did i was like: urgh and ewww!lol
    Apart from that bit, it was a lot better than last week but the scenes in Gwens car were just so boring and dragged on, anyone else agree?

11. talyra

talyra Hit and Run

^^In Russell T's defence, the telepathy thing wasn't exactly original when Buffy did it, either.

Last week's ep was less derivative - I liked the idea of the knife and glove working together somehow, I'd have liked to have seen that explored more... and I had my fingers crossed when Gwen collapsed at the end, though perhaps not for the reason the writers intended :p I also thought Suzie was great - when she wasn't bloody WHINING. Her creepy and menacing moments were really good, but gee, yeah, if she whined that much when she was alive then Gwen really HAS replaced her exactly!

I do think that what they need, generally, is less soapy "character development" and more focus on fleshing out the individual storyline each week - it always feels like they are trying to cram eleventy-one plot strands into every episode. You can have an ongoing story arc without making obvious reference to it in EVERY episode (the less Gwen/Owen the better, as far as I'm concerned). More Vegas, less Miami, people! ;)
    The only ep I have really disliked so far was the crazy villagers one - I thought it was a good point to make but the ep itself was poorly constructed (I thought Jack could have had his guns-blazing Horatio moment at the end without needing to make the others look like useless fools, for example) and it firmly cemented my dislike for Gwen...
    Me to telly: "SHOOT HIM ALREADY!!! He's going to find it very hard to pull the trigger with a BULLET IN HIS BRAIN!!! AAARGH!" *headbutts wall in frustration*
    (yeah, it hurt...)

12. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

Suzie's creepy moments were good. The whole bullet through the brain and bottom of her chain was V good but the moaning was a bit much. I wished she had been in more episodes before she went to the dark side as it were. Then her turning would have been more of a shock and surprise. The whole 'relationships' thing..mmmm...I dont know why they are focusing on it so much. I dont know whether it's because they cant do these things on Dr Who so they are going for it on this series.

THe Gwen/Owen thing is a bit boring and the boyfriend seems to have been totally forgotten about as she makes moons eyes at Jack. Ianto and Jack...well they hinted at it from the beginning in all the press but we'll see.

I think the whole 'Buffy' thing is because not only was it telepathy but also the 'Overhearing and stopping a murder thing'. I know a lot of Russell T/ Dr Who fans who have said the same. Not that their not enjoying the show. It is good.

I didn't really like the 'Crazy villagers' episode either ...kind like a bad 80's horror. I felt this way partly do to the acting of the so called 'Crazy man eaters'...I mean really would you be scared of them? ;)

But I with ya....less fluffy love stuff and more action.

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I can't believe that nobody's posted here for a month, especially after the final two eps.
    While I'm glad they didn't drag them out and show them seperately, a part of me could have done with a bit of time to recover after the tissue fest that was Jack/Jack.

And then of course we have the whole angst fest of End of days.
    I thought the monster at the end wasn't done all that well, and I was wondering would he 'cure' Jack of his immortality.

But the best bit just *had* to be the scenes at the end when Jack greets the team again. Especially Jack/Ianto (my slashy heart is very happy by that!)

14. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

I would have posted here about the last 2 episodes but i couldnt find this thread! anyway, i thought both the episodes were great, easily the best of the series. Although i did prefer the first part: the Jack/Jack relationship was portrayed so well and i have to admit i did have a tear in my eye when Torchwood Jack had to leave but before he did he went back and kissed the other Jack.
    I also cant wait for the 3rd series of Dr Who (which is something i never thought id say as i didnt really like the previous 2 series) but it'll be great to see Captain Jack again and i wonder how he'll react when he finds out what happened to Rose

15. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

Didnt anyone apart from me and Ceindreadh watch the last two episode?lol