Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathara

Cathara Civilian

*delurking*

I've been lurking for a while, and I'm delurking to say something about the pregnancy. IF Sara is really pregnant, maybe she just doesn't tell Grissom because she doesn't want to be pregnant. Okay, this sounds strange, I mean if you're expecting a baby you should be happy. But I don't think they are ready for a baby yet, so maybe she's afraid to tell him.

*lurking*

2. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Looking at the GSR clip again on GrissomSaraRomance.com? More convinced than ever that this scene was purely a goodbye between two people who wanted desperately to show more emotion than they could afford, and because they were at work were trying to keep everything casual. They were practically drinking in each other, and the pain at separation was obvious on both faces. I hadn't picked up on it watching the episode, but rewatching made me see that, while he might end up enjoying his sabbatical, Grissom was at that moment on the verge of declaring,"Hell, screw the damn seminar! I'm staying put!"

Can I nominate "We'll see you when you get back!" *sniff* as a goodbye from us to Grissom/WP/GSR for four weeks? :)

3. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

I'm not gonna smack her, I'm just not gonna post in those threads. So feel free to vote for them if you don't want me around.

I do like your simple "Miss You" idea, though, Turtle.

Oh, and welcome back BT! :D Post more, damn it. We miss you.

Updated thread title motherload list:

1] I'll Miss You... but NO BABIES!
    2] Grissom Prefers the SF Bay Girls
    3] NO BABIES!
    4] He misses her
    5] They miss each other
    6] The distance never separates two souls
    7] You look in their eyes and see their hearts
    8] Since I met you
    9] He'll Miss Her
    10] I'll Miss You
    11] It Gets Cold In Rhode Island
    12] Maybe Theres A Chance Our Walls Might Fall
    13] At least something stayed in Vegas.
    14] Play the way you feel
    15] GSR - Running out the phone bill this month
    16] GSR - In need of a calling card
    17] Something to miss
    18] Misanthropist Galore
    19] Working up to a full minute onscreen
    20] Sitting together on their pumpkin
    21] Phonecompany's sweethearts
    22] Miss you
    23] Coulda Woulda Shoulda
    24] You Say it Best, When You Say Nothing At All
    25] "We'll see you when you get back!" *sniff*

I'd say that's a decent number of noms to start the voting from, but the whole poll crap is Sarah's show, so I'll leave it up to her to do. Until then, feel free to nominate. I will say this, though: Because there are so many, I would suggest we have an initial round where we're allowed to vote for a handful each, then peter down to a top 10 or something for a more finite number of votes.

Away from thread titles and back to the actual GSR, though: What do you think the geeks' communication ritual will be over the next four weeks? Nightly phonecalls? He'd finish lecturing by 6, and she doesn't start shift til much later than that, so they'd have a decent amount of time to catch up. I'm sure they can txt as well.

However, Sara's "I'll see you when you get back" could have been indicative of the idea they won't communicate over that time. As could his "miss you" line. But I can't imagine why they would cut ties like that. Sara's not directly a reason for his burnout (though as others have mentioned, his opening himself to feeling things more because of her has probably contributed in letting cases get to him - but he wouldn't blame her for that). I can understand Grissom's desire not to 'talk shop', but there's plenty more they could talk about, and just hearing each other's voice can be really great.

Long distance can be undoubtedly difficult at times, but it's only a month. They're pretty lucky in that sense. I hope this sabbatical does Grissom good.

ETA: And I hate to get all moddy on you, but can people please stop mentioning viewing clips on/from internet sites (unless you're talking Innertube or official/legal CBS stuff on their YouTube account)? It's not exactly kosher, and it's against TalkCSI policy to mention them. I've just been noticing it a lot lately, and it's all in black & white (well, blue & white) in the Shipper Central Rules thread here

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

PICK 6. YES, 6.

5. katjo

katjo Witness

Wow, "Since I Met You" would be a good one. That sums it all up IMO. So when will this new thread start?

6. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

Since i met you is a Classic!!!
    how always, i don't know what is my favourite
    too much options. LOL
    this will be closed when we will have 1000 posts

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

We vote on the next page. I think I forgot how post-happy we'd all get after a new episode, especially such a potentially ship-important one, so I let time get away from me a bit on this.

Either way - not a lot of time to vote, but hopefully it's enough.

Right now our contenders are looking like:

1) He misses her
    2) They miss each other
    3) Since I met you
    4) GSR - Running out the phone bill this month/ GSR - Running up the Phone Bill
    5) sitting together on their pumpkin
    6) We'll see you when you get back!

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

These were pretty much my pick's and sarah you'd be great as a serious poll taker, and you'd get paid ;)you go girl..keep's us busy while he's gone :(

I LOVE YOU..BE BACK SOON the words I wanted to hear :(

9. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I have to say this:

I love that they aren't pretending that GSR doesn't exist while Grissom is gone. I mean, I'm not sure if "Sweet Jane" will hold anything, but that nice little comment from Hodges to Sara about "dirty laundry" in the "Redrum" promo lets us know that GSR is not forgotten, as will the gift that she receieves from Grissom. I mean, I was worried at first that Grissom would be gone for four weeks, and no one would act like GSR was even a part of the show. That may seem selfish, but as my fiance says, "GSR is a part of CSI. It's not CSI without GSR." Gosh, I love my man. :) And, he doesn't just say that to make me happy! He means it! Anyway, we'll also have that moment in "Meet Market" when Sara is talking to the gigalo about whether or not women will wait for the right man to come along... So, at least two of the four episodes where Grissom is gone will have little moments to show us that GSR is not dead, and I like that. At first we were all doom and gloom becuase of what Mendelsohn said about Grissom taking a break from Sara, but the way it's played out, it doesn't feel nearly as dire.

Sorry for the boxes. :) As for the title, I think "We'll see you when you get back" is just the sweetest/saddest thing in the world, and easily my fav up there. It's poignant and heart-breaking. We're all waiting with Sara, and I like that. I like that we're all waiting for him to come back, and we're all missing him. It's so inclusive! :) teeheee!

10. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

Heh, thanks TS! Glad to hear it!
    Also...there shall be none of you leaving the thread, because the world would simply stopped turning if the GSR thread lost it's lovely Tom Selleck fan-person. xD

Ohemgee, I know! I was so happy to see those previews online, and notice that GSR is not dead without Grissom around. Its...sadder...but certainly not dead. I am going to steal your man, Alyssa, and...do something...I'm not sure what. >.< But be warned, if ever he goes missing, you know who to blame. ^-^

There, I have run out of things to talk about again.
    As for thread titles...I am not sure which ones I really like...
    So...I'm just going to resort back to my already used "We found GSR in the bedroom", and crawl back under my rock. :cool:

- Toasty

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

The current contenders are now:

1) He misses her
    2) Since I met you
    3) GSR - Running out the phone bill this month/GSR - Running up the Phone Bill
    4) sitting together on their pumpkin
    5) We'll see you when you get back!
    6) And a tie at 10 votes.

Oops. Forgot to do a proper post. lol.

mentioned this at YTDAW, but I'm really glad that GSR is still a part of the show with Grissom gone. The comment from Hodges to Sara about "dirty laundry", Sara potentially holding Grissom's package (hee) and the potential scene between Sara and the giggolo about women waiting for men.

12. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

haa for the title, I think "You Say it Best, When You Say Nothing At All" so sweet
    Have a music with these words..i love and have a GSR music video with this song

Artist: Alison Krauss Lyrics
    Song: When You Say Nothing At All

It’s amazing how you can speak right to my heart
    Without saying a word you can light up the dark
    Try as I may I could never explain
    What I hear when you don’t say a thing

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
    There’s a truth in your eyes sayin’ you’ll never leave me
    The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me if ever I fall
    You say it best when you say nothing at all

All day long I can hear people talking out loud
    But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
    Old mr. webster could never define
    What’s being said between your heart and mine

13. Haylee

Haylee Dead on Arrival

I am new to this thread, I have been reading it for a long time though. I have been in love with this pairing since the famous " since I met you" line. I finally decided it would be nice to share my thoughts with others who love this couple as much as I do.
    That being said. Is it just me or does csi have way to many reruns!!!!!!!! I live for the potential of good gsr scenes and that gets shattered when I see a rerun about to be played again.
    My vote for the new thread name, You say it best, when you say nothing at all.
    Since I am also trying to play catch up. I don't think a preganacy is in the cards for this duo. They have stayed so subtle with the relationship, I doubt they will all of a sudden get so bold. I would like to see them get less subtle. Seems like we got more gsr before they were a confirmed couple!!!!!! We see so much of Catherines private life, why not more gsr???

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Contenders:

1) He misses her
    2) Since I met you
    3) GSR - Running out the phone bill this month
    4) sitting together on their pumpkin
    5) We'll see you when you get back!
    6) You Say it Best, When You Say Nothing At All.

Why do I get the feeling that the same people are voting for both phone options? lol.

If it wins, I'll let you guys pick which one you prefer, but I'll probably list it as one option, since they're so similar.

I kind of just mass-added all of the titles that had been suggested.

Honestly, given the amount of discussion there is already about GSR screentime (which I'd like to say, looking through old episodes, it's not true that it's way more now than in previous years) I'm happy with what we get. It's not the amount of time that I'm bothered by, it's what they show in and of itself.

I think that if Grissom and Sara worked less together, and we were back to more of the team style, but they still got there little doorway scenes that they've had since Season 1, but with the new twist, that would probably be a better arrangement.

But I have a feeling that showing them working together so often was purposeful - showing that Grissom truly was putting a woman before his work for once.

15. Haylee

Haylee Dead on Arrival

Before the end of the season I really want to see an out of the lab scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.