Locker Room #14 - Ride the Italian Stallion!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The hats occupy my nightmares. *nod*

Of course, there's only one thing better than talking about THE HAT, and that's talking about an argyle sock. Right, ladies? :devil:

Hehe, them was the good old days, as they say. ;) I thought about it when some girls came to our door selling Girl Scout cookies. :p

2. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

AH yes, Fay, but the argyle sock accompanied an image that was so extraordinarily appealing. *drool*

Those hats are just hideous.

3. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

I'm with you guys about the hats.. It's continuing to haunt me and--shudders-- the purple dress!

I could never look at him the way I used to... :lol:

4. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Exactly. At first you look at some of his ensembles and think, "Yep. He's definitely single. Nothing about that get-up bears the mark of a woman's touch." :lol: But then you grow to appreciate the quirkiness of his style and actually believe it works for him.

EDIT: ^ Hey, the purple dress doesn't count! He got paid to wear that. Ditto for that sailor pic that gets posted from time to time. I believe he should only be held accountable for his own wardrobe choices. I'm sure some of you have sported Mickey D's uniforms at some point, or something equally unattractive as a condition of employment.

5. ratt

ratt Civilian

Hey, I'm new on the forum. About the chain, I found an interview on a magazine from Panama,the interviewer says that he is wearing 4 things in his chain and Carmine tells that one of them is something he bought in Europe, another his sister gave it to him,the budist symbol was a present from and old girlfriend and the last one is something related to the police from his father. They don't say anything about the dog tags,and I don't know if policemen wear dogtags???
    Sorry for my English ;)
    Theinterview is here http://mensual.prensa.com/mensual/contenido/2005/07/17/hoy/Mosaico/200571517326.html
    but it's in Spanish.

6. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^^ Ditto that. His fashion sense screams that he's not involved :lol:. Of course, most men aren't exactly fashionatas(sp) but if Carmine let me had a go at him he'd look like he was fresh off the runway in Milan.

7. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Welcome to the board, Ratt, and thanks so much for the interview! :D Any chance anyone can translate that for us? *bats eyelashes* I can, but wouldn't be able to guarantee 100% accuracy and it would take me a while. So if we've got any native Spanish speakers who can translate that for us, that would be awesome.

8. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

Welcome ratt, and thanks for the link!

But oh my freaking GOD! :eek: :eek: That looks like an awesome interview. I can't speak Spanish, gut it looks like there's opinions on racism, George W Bush and a heap of interesting stuff in there that I just have GOT to read.

Forget batting eyelashes ... I'm going to get down on my knees and BEG for someone to translate it.

BECAUSE ... he mentions Jim Jarmusch, my favourite director. If the guy likes Jarmusch it means he has decent brains, extremely good taste, and an awesome sense of humour. And in that case, I'm swooning. I'm actually going OMG DROOL. :eek:

There. I said OMG and I'm drooling. :eek: :eek: :eek: Be still my frigging beating heart.

Oof. Brain crush big time.

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Heh, I don't know a word of Spanish and this is gonna be a really rough translation and probably inaccurate in lots of places, but here goes:

GIOVINAZZO, AN INTELLECTUAL DETECTIVE

Carmine Giovinazzo's (New York, 1973) family is no stranger to the law and the order. His sister and father were police officers in New York city, and his brother-in-law worked as a detective assigned to ex-mayor Rudy Giuliani. Carmine is doing the same, except in fiction, when playing the role of Danny Messer in television series CSI: NY (Sony Entertainment Television). When I saw his necklace and the items on it, he explained the origins for each: one he had bought in Europe, another given to him by his sister, one a Buddhist symbol that was given to him by an old girlfriend and the last, given to him by his police of a father.

He was very relaxed when he entered the restaurant in Caracas, Venezuela. A good whiskey and a cigarette helped to bestow some tranquility onto this man who writes poetry and dreams about selling his scripts.

- With you playing a forensc detective in CSI: NY, do you feel you're honoring the occupation of your father and your sister?

- Yes. I'm happy about it, because my family knows that I'll never be a real police officer. They always figured I'd be more interested in the field of arts.

- What does your dad think?

- He's just happy I'm finally working.

- (Sorry, I have no idea what this question says. Anybody help me out with it?)

- No, it's just that it's very difficult to find a job in the entertainment business. My dad gives me advice on how I gotta play my role.

- How did you create your persona of Danny Messer?

- I talked with the writers of the show and we agreed that he was a very enthusiastic person, who was from the streets of New York and that came from a mob world and wanted to move away from that world.

- Danny Messer seems to be around more in the laboratories than on the streets. Does this mean he's more of an intellectual hero?

- More intellectual, definitely. He's a scientist. He conveys the idea that he's just an average guy, but also somebody who knows the darker side of people and people from the streets.

- You played a part in the pilot of Buffy the Slayer Vampire. What role was it that you played?

- *laughs* I was the typical, annoying guy. But I liked it. The job helped me out and changed things for me.

- In CSI: NY, you work with producer Jerry Bruckheimer and actor Gary Sinise. What's the experience like?

- They are people who really know what they're doing. (Sorry, not sure what the rest of this says either.)

- Who would you like to work with again?

- Sam Raimi, he directed For Love of the Game (1999). He made movies that aren't like films these days anymore.

- What's easy and difficult about playing the part of a forensic detective?

- The difficult part is, I'm supposed to be a forensic detective who has scientific knowledge, and in real life, I know very little of it. I'm learning to how to work in a period of ten months each year, with ten hours in every working day. As an actor, I'm never reasily satisfied, and it's great that CSI:NY is a show that demands me to display a wide range of emotions.

- How much have you learned about human nature after seeing cases of people who hurt one another?

- It's difficult, but I'm learning about human nature every minute. This has made me think a lot about these people and why they end up in these sort of crimes. (Can't tell what this means either.) It's interesting to see things from a realistic perspective as it's shown in CSI: NY.

- You investigate homicide cases on the show. How do you react when you see real murders in the news?

- I generally don't read that kind of news.

- With programs like CSI, it seems the sort of action and stories portrayed in them better fits television that the cinema.

- It works for television that each episode solves one or two cases. I don't know if there's a deeper reason why it seems this kind of show fits television more.

- What kind of scripts do you write?

- I like scripts that tell about a man who doesn't belong to the place where he was born ... where he has friends and he has to eventually part from them, and love, too. I'd like my stories to have a universal message so that everyone can understand, and at the same time, I want to show why my character(s) did what they had to do.

- Which was the last good film you saw?

- The movie Crash (2004, of Paul Haggis). It's a good example North American society and racism and its stereotypes.

- What's your opinion on racism in the EU?

-There are people who are narrow-minded and are like those who promote racism in the United States. This is something they're brought up with since they were young. Where I come from, Staten Island, racism didn't exist, not in my house, not in my family. Since I was a boy, I had friends of all kinds of race and ethnicity. In my school, there were Arabs, Chinese, Germans, people of all races. I'd like to try to help solve the problem of racism. I don't understand how it can exist in a country like the United States where there are so many cultures and nationalities.

- What do you think of president George W. Bush?

- I don't see Bush as a guy I could sit with and talk. He's too conservative and strict for my tastes. I don't have sufficient knowledge of things to give an official opinion, but I'm somebody who believes in the ... (sorry, again, I don't know how to translate this part.)

- What kind of music do you like?

- (Not sure what he's saying about a guitar.) I like the underground stuff, rock and punk, although I also sometimes like some more mainstream stuff. Mainly sad, strong and spontaneous music.

- The last film you didn't like?

- Oceans Twelve.

- Which director would you like to work with?

- The majority of those I'd like to work with are already dead. The living ones? Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese and Jim Jarmusch.

- How about an actress?

- With Kate Winslet, because she's really likeable and she is a fantastic actress.

- What classic films would you have liked to participate in?

- In most films acted out by Robert De Niro.

Pheeew. Hope that's okay. Somebody with much better Spanish skills could translate it better. :lol: Do note that this interview was in July 2005, over 1 1/2 years ago.

10. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

this message has been left blank

11. crankyjules

Bless your heart Kimmy. mwah!

What an interesting interview.

I've calmed down now (a little :D ) but I'm smiling like a goon. Good taste in music, we already knew. GREAT taste in movies and directors. Interesting comments about Bush from what we could make out.

Ah can you all hear me sighing from down here in Aus?? :lol: :lol:

12. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

Kimmy , you are a peach! Thanks for translating that interview for those of us whose second language isn't Spanish! :lol:

Well, I am officially a puddle of goo now after reading it and cannot think straight. :lol: The man had me after sitting down with a whiskey and a cigarette (even though I don't drink whiskey nor do I smoke).

Excellent taste in music, which we already know, and DeNiro!!!! Plus something of substance regarding the current state of affairs here in the United States.

Pick me up off of the floor, because I have fainted from his hotness and intelligence. :eek:

13. crankyjules

:lol: SO glad I am not the only one :)

Though, dammit, now I am NEVER going to be able to watch Coffee & Cigarettes (in particular) without thinking of him. Crap. :D

14. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Good job Kimmy. Doesn't mind that there's something you didn't know. I'm glad that I don't have to use Google to translate that :lol:

And now it's time for some pictures, I think :)

[​IMG]

And the other one

[​IMG]

15. ratt

ratt Civilian

Hey Kimmy you're sooo fast!! :) :)
    The translation is very acurate,and about the things you can't translate:

Did they think that you were lazy? (The question sounds very rude in spanish, but I'm from Spain and the interview is from South America, and sometimes the language sounds different).
    - No, it's just that it's very difficult to find a job in the entertainment business. My dad gives me advice on how I gotta play my role.

(About Jerry Bruckheimer and Gary Sinise)
    - They are people who really know what they're doing. They believe in you and they are interested in what you are doing.

- It's difficult, but I'm learning about human nature every minute. This has made me think a lot about these people and why they end up in these sort of crimes.I'm trying to understand in a psychological level why this things happens. It's interesting to see things from a realistic perspective as it's shown in CSI: NY.

- I don't see Bush as a guy I could sit with and talk. He's too conservative and strict for my tastes. I don't have sufficient knowledge of things to give an official opinion, but I'm somebody who believes in social changes, and I support people who show their way of thinking and seeing things.Politics is a field so broad that you can't simply take in everything.

What kind of music do you like?

- I play a very very good bad guitar.(Well in spanish it doesn't make sense either) I like the underground stuff, rock and punk, although I also sometimes like some more mainstream stuff. Mainly sad, strong and spontaneous music.

And that's all. In my opinion this interview was translated to spanish by someone who didn't know too much, that's the reason why somethings don't make sense.

Here is another interview in spanish with Carmine and Adam Rodríguez,
    http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/espectaculos/6-52752-2005-06-23.html
    There's a photo I didn't see before but it's too small.
    Kimmy did you use an online translator?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.