"Leaving Las Vegas" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay untacking this, please feel free to continue discussing the episode.

2. szmandatogoholic

szmandatogoholic CSI Level One

I loved the entire thing. I am not going to provide complete details because I watched 'Shark' after this epi aired and I cried like a maniac. But I will provide minor details that snagged me in the heart and made me leap:

I was laughing like crazy when Hodges gave him the 'Williams' hoodie and when Cath came in and asked if he was busy, Hodges answered for him, "Yes he is." I loved that part dearly. :D

I was so happy that Grissom was still being Greg's advisor on the court cases. He gave him exceptionally good advice. Maybe after what Grissom told him, he could win.

The Gris/Nick hug was sweet and emotional, I was sniggering through it, but I only found it funny because of what Grissom said: "Stop hugging me." I found this part hilariously funny and anytime someone hugs me, I'm going to use the two/three sentences Grissom says. :D (Maybe it'll actually work, who knows?)

*the following may offend some GSR shippers* The exchange between Sara and Grissom at the very end was appropriate. But Sara seemed a bit.... tense. Her jaw was clenched, she barely looked at Grissom, and it almost seemed like she wanted to tell him something. But Grissom's telling Sara 'I'm gonna miss you' made me feel sad. And made me realize that the kids at my school who have boyfriends/girlfriends have it good! :lol:

And I just realized today that B.Petersen can't leave forever- he's one of the producers! (gotta tell my mom....)

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Michyy I think Greg was featured completely in "Fannysmackin'" this was about Grissom "leaving" not Greg, although Catherine and Nick were featured more than Grissom :confused: but did anyone notice that Brass and Sofia weren't there :( HMMMM and I think the writers will probably get around to the Warrick and his issues, eventually, were going into ep. 12, so there's like 23, before it's done.. be patient ;)

4. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Let's face it, sex and violence sell. It's what the majority of the viewers want so tptb provide it in spades. Since Catherine is the token sexpot on the show, it falls to her to bare her breasts now and then (more often than I care). I agree with whoever said that the CSI wonks feel like they need to compete with Grey's Anatomy by providing the audience with occasional glimpses of fake boobs.

Such is the state of TV nowadays. Still love the show, but I could do without the boob shots.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay guys lets remember there were other scenes in the show then just the prison scene. To be perfectly honest while everyone is entitled to their opinion, as those are entitled to disagree. I would once again like to remind people that sometimes simple opinions can be mistake for bashing of a character which can lead to arguments/flames, ect, Even when they are not intended to sound that way.

Lets also keep in mind that some have a fav character, some have a character they dislike, and some well they may or may not care for the character but hey they are part of the team. Either way it comes down to the fact that there will be times someone is going to say something that someone doesn't agree with, hence the advice I have given more then once in this thread of agreeing to disagree and letting it go.

While some might think/feel that I am pointing out to them individually, then they would be wrong, I am pointing this out to a group as a whole. Lets keep in mind that while we like, dislike, not care either way these are fictional characters, while we invest in them, and the show, in the end it is all fiction. -- So for the sake of what little insanity Myself or TallyHo have left, lets keep that in mind for the future. ;) -- Thank-You.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I don't get it. CSI is the goriest, and most violent show on tv. They can show dead mangled bodies, heads severed, and all that jazz, but no one complains about the violence. But the second there is nudity or sexual content, people freak out. Does this seem logical? Doesn't make sense to me...

As for Catherine. She showed her bra. I have seen more breasts at the beach. Yeah, it is the context that counts, but she used what she has to catch the killer.

7. CSI3WILL

CSI3WILL Victim

I think they're saying that she shouldn't have done it because of her job and using her sexuality to persuade a prisoner to talk.

Oh, and I'm not saying it was right or wrong just so there isn't any confusion about my opinion.

8. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I really liked the scene between Grissom and Sarah he looked like a nervous teenage boy getting ready to talk to that special girl from social studies. LOL

And the scene with him and Nick priceless especially when he tells Nick he'll be back and stop hugging me I cracked up over that.

9. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

This episode was another good one! It was kind of sad knowing that Grissom was leaving even though he will be back. The hug scene between Grissom and Nick was priceless! lol "Stop hugging me!" lol And I also laughed when Hodges was in Grissom's office and Catherine walked in and she asked if Gris was busy and Hodges answered for him, "Yes he is." lol And the look she gave him, haha.

I didn't really care for the scene at the end between Gris and Sara. I don't know. Maybe it could've been done differently. Maybe it was Sara's reaction or lack of a response that I did't care for. Seemed like she showed no emotion and when she didn't really say anything, it looked like Gris was like, "Uh, well, okay." Yeah, she had a look on her face that she will miss him but she could've said something. I don't know but that's just me.

And, regarding the promos/commercials for the show, they were such teasers! They showed the hug between Nick and Gris and it made it look like it was going to be a sad moment. Then when it showed the single car driving along on the highway at the end of the promo, it made you think that it was Grissom driving leaving Las Vegas. But no, it was just Cath and Nick driving to the other town. hehehe Talk about a tease for a show! haha

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

as for cath, i dont know if it was right or wrong of her excatly...but most likely he wouldnt have talked otherwise.

as for greg, it also really touched me that gris is helping him. i think that even though that was greg's only scene, the power of it is equal to a few scenes together. i feel the same about david's scene, cause even though it was just one, it was strong enough to count as a few.

nick was awesome. this i could call a nick episode. i loved how he was talking to cath on the drive, and when he found the bullet, and the hugging scene.

one thing that bothered me is that there wasnt a new case. i like new cases. but the episode was so strong that it didnt really matter. im still confused about the MCSK.

another thing that confused me: (but its just cause im obsessed)
    what are hampshire girls in amherst like? whats wild about them? (will take the rest of my thoughts about that to the hodges thread, but id really appreciate if someone could clear that up for me here ^^^)

11. melbel

melbel Pathologist

are we back on the Bump watch with Sara?

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I don't think it was a question of right or wrong. It's hard to draw the line since everyone's sense of ethic is different. However, it was probably needed at the time. Just like you said, he probably wouldn't talk had Catherine not teased him. In the end it was her little show that got the case solved. They caught the real killer and saved the innocent man. As much as I enjoyed watching Catherine's boobs, I definitely wouldn't do that trick if I were her. But then the murderer would walk and the innocent guy would be locked in the prison until he dies, for a crime he has never committed.

On a lighter note, loved the Gris/Nick hug scene. That was cute. Both Gris' and Nick's reactions were hilarious. Also the scene where Hodges gave Gris a Williams shirt. Must give him credit for being considerate. :D

13. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

i agree with you. i would never do something like that, but thats cause im not that type of person. the end result is what mattered here, as you said erica. the guilty man is in jail, and the innocent one is free.

i liked caths interraction with that annoying lawyer. i hope that he will be back.

and yes, david was considerate :D what a cutie :)

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I really just don't think CSI would focus the screentime and character development necessary for a plotline like this.

And I'd really like to think that if she was pregnant, she would tell him before he left. Yes, he's burned out and needs a break, but if he comes back all relaxed to discover his secret luvuh is with child, that could potentially send him right back into it.

15. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

My problem with it is, CSI has always been about the violence. It is, afterall, about a profession that deals with that stuff. The only problem I have with all the breast and sexual things is that CSI has rarely ever done that, but a lot of it is suddenly happening this season.

If you watch CSI, its a given you are going to see disgusting things and blood and gore, but I was completely shocked when I saw some of Catherine's previous scenes, just because I don't ususally see stuff like that in the show.

Anyways, moving on. The Hodges scene was cute. That little Brown-noser. At first, I couldn't stand him because I found his type of comedy annoying and rude. But he's grown on me and all the stupid things he does as well. It's just funny to see the new character they made when Crazy Greg left the lab. They obviously wanted to keep a good portion of comedic elements in the lab, but I was worried that they may make the new person too much like Greg. But they did an excellent job of making him unique, as well as pretty funny.
    So, good job TPTB and probably David too.