Gil <3 Cath #25: PureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

I think the look on Gil's face after he told her was because he knew that when he got home he was in trouble with her ;)

So, play it out for me. Gil gets home to their place, what's going to happen between our favorite duo? ;)

2. nukejane12

nukejane12 Dead on Arrival

Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In

I liked Catherine's reaction when Gil finally told her. It was so 'old-married-couple-hubby's-gonna pull this crap so don't get in a fight' and reminded me of Jackpot. I thought she had more important things to think about so chewing him out for something that won't change would just get in the way. I think it emphasized the reliability of their relationship.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Re:Gil<3Cath #25:pureJoy--Rub-A-Dub-Dub, Two CSIs In A Tu

It is against board rules to link to other sites that show promos due to possible copyright infringement. CBS/Innertube and promos released by CBS to YouTube are the only sites that you can link to on this board.

4. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Check out the clips at the Who is Keppler site? I'm really curious about what might happen. *spoiler warning* :lol:

Gil did really look guilty in that scene and Catherine just seeemed so fed up with him there, which I liked and I yelled "Go Cath!". I don't know, Gil's being a jerk these days. Not the ol' Gil I used to really really love. Now I just love him (gasp). :lol:

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think he needs his sabbatical. Catherine will give him a sort out while he's away, and when he returns he'll be VERY relaxed.

6. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

Anne, imo once he gets home Cath won't even talk to him for a good hour.
    And I say "ONE hour" because we know Gil has his own way to make up.

7. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Oh ok sorry about that, but I hope it can be added to the official links allowed in the forum because whois__.com is from CBS. You can find the link on www.cbs.com/primetime/csi then on the lower-left side of the site you will find a pic with the caption "Who is Keppler?" screencap and then when you click on the pic it will link you to the site.

That interrogation scene in prison was the proof of the great lengths that Cath would go through for Grissom. Although it wasn't explicit in the Gil/Cath scene in the office, I had the impression that Gil allowed her to investigate on Jay Finch as long as she would be back in the office before he leaves.. so we see her and Nick in a hustle the whole time. She used that unorthodox style of uh, interrogation because aside from the fact that she so wanted to nail the killer, she was running out of time, she had to finish the case or else she won't be able to be back on the lab before Gil left.
    Killing for Gil, opening a button to be on time to see Gil before he leaves.. she's my hero.

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hottie that is an interesting way to put it.
    I said on the episode thread that she knew deep down that the plummer wasn't the killer and she 'used' unorthodox methods I guess to talk to him.

As for Gil, I'm sure that was her motive :D so she could spend some good quality time together before he left since he was leaving the next night and they would have the whole day together

9. xitalianxromanc

xitalianxromanc Rookie

O.M.G. I loved Leaving Las Vegas...if Grissom wasn't leaving in that ep it would have been probably the number 2 ep overall. Maybe a bit low on the GC scale and like ultimate number 1 on the Cath/Marg scale for me. I loved the prison scene really got me thinkin! +wink+

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Hehe, poor Gil will probably be a little jealous about what Catherine did with the prisoner. He'll be like - hey! That's MY privilege!

I believe that Gil went to Catherine's house after work and they had a long talk. You know, it's possible Catherine knew he was going on a sabbatical, she just didn't know when or where. Hence her very wifelike response of "How long" LOL.

When he gets home I'll bet they talk and he makes up to Catherine and they hug and get all *censored*.

And the next day they'll probably spend with Lindsey, before seeing Gil off at the airport.

Who knows, maybe Catherine will take a long weekend off at Gil's urging to go visit? ;)

11. rebec

rebec Police Officer

I just love the way you think :D

What about the stalker? I don't think she'll let herself be forgotten *wiggles eyebrows* :lol:

I think GC will have a converstion about the sabbatical, just like they must have talked about the split in S5. They have alot of stuff going on off-screen :D we don't get to see it on-screen for obvious reasons but we know ;)

I think cath is the one that was least surprised by gil's announcement of a sabbatical because she's the only one who knows him well enough to sense that he needs a break. She's definitely going to get him for keeping her in the dark til the last moment, though, it's one of those married-couplish things that they do :D

Psst...I know who would be the most surprised by gil's decision, but I can't tell :D *runs off sniggering*

12. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

ITA, rebec. Catherine's really the only one close enough to Gil that would see this change in him. I think she's known for quite a while that he needs a break, and it's often communicated without them saying a word.

As I said, I think she actually knew he was going to take a sabbatical, but she didn't know when, and like you said rebec, he kept her in the dark until the last moment - so very married couplish.

I can also imagine Catherine getting a call from Gil saying "Come down here. I need you". ;)

13. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

Yeah the whole "How long?" question seemed very wife-ish. Reminds me of the good old days when Gil would run off to Jackpot and leave his wife with the paperwork. Ah, the good ol' days.

Too bad they never got a goodbye scene onscreen. It would have been nice to see it rather than imagine it. Plus Cath was the only one who never got a goodbye. Nicky got a hug, why can't Cathy get a kiss from Gilbert? Oh wait! Nevermind. I know why. They had to keep the show PG-13 :devil:

OMFG! Ok, I'm not looking forward to the next few eps. I'm no longer spoiler free. I'm in shock. I went to the whoiskeppler site and it can't get any worse! (well it can, but I don't want to think about it). Somethings going on with Cath and Keppler...and the other four are against them. Looks like Warrick won't be looking after Catherine the way Gil told him to. No Gil/GC+this makes me very upset! :( :mad:

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I actually think Gil would have told Cath about his sabattical during the scene in Loco Motive where Cath understands that Gil's "tired", but they were conveniently interrupted and couldn't continue the conversation. That's what I think was the most frustrating for Catherine in this last episode. She realized that Gil knew during that previous conversation that he was going to leave, but they never had a chance to get back to continue that conversation, and Gil hadn't brought up the subject again either until he was almost out the door.

15. rebec

rebec Police Officer

^^Then I think cath will be mostly pissed at someone else ;)

I think T_TB can still keep it to PG-13 if they want. Just the two of them having a quiet dinner outside of work or a heart to heart converstaion in his office after she returned to the lab wouldn't kill would it? Just leave out the aftermath will do :devil: The thing is, the risk is too big, GC chemistry works wonders you know, give them less than a minute and you still see electricity, that doesn't really sit well with T_TB :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.