Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

To the unspoiled - this is all only about 7x11. I promise you nothing in it hints to further spoiled knowledge or anything like that at all. So you can read it so long as you've seen LLV:

Because I know she will - if we're using the whole 'miss' thing from tonight's episode as a thread title, rather than "He'll miss her", I think "He misses her" would be best. I know it's a variation on the quote (rather than trying to be as direct as possible) but since the episode has aired, one can theorise he is in fact GONE as opposed to 'will be going' (later on) so it's not that he 'will', it's that he does. Right now. And plus, we'll have the thread around (if that title wins) throughout the whole time he's gone, so I think it suits better.
    In any case, it was really sad. Poor Grissom and Sara :( It annoyed me that all Catherine really did was get mad at how much his sabbatical was an inconvinience to her (in the scene where he tells her anyway) though right before then - Grissom's "Crazy times" echoed line and look to Hodges? Classic. And his look to Nick after the hugging incident, too. Heh. I did like the Nick/Cath talk about Grissom having a girlfriend, though. Hee. They must have noticed Sara's lack of overtime and heightened upbeat nature, too. Ooooo. Wait for them to do the math. COME ON!

2. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I have a question...the scene between Griss and Sara was that almost at the end when the episode finished or in the middle or in between..? Oh and was that the only scene where Sara was in?...i couldnt see the episode cause i was working also....

was this the episode where Grissom gives her a gift or something like that or is it an upcoming one?

Oh and it was really sad that scene between them Sara looked like if she wanted to cry :(...i almost did :(

3. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Thanks for the compliments on the art. :) I'm trying to get better... been working on one for TWO DAYS, now. I'm trying to, "Not be afraid of the dark" per my friend's instructions.

Anyway...

You guys are going to hate me, but I see some things in that final scene that support the pregnancy argument. And, no, I'm not talking about Ms. Fox's beer belly (as she puts it). No, I'm talking about BODY LANGUAGE. When Gil comes in, Sara has her jacket in her hands. She quickly folds it over, crossing her arms in front of her, guarding her stomach. Whenever she turns to face him, her arms are in this position, jacket covering the belly. While I don't think she's far enough along to show, she's definitely acting self-conscious (IF she is pregnant). Also, when he walks out, she glances down. There's serious body language support for the idea that our dear Ms. Sidle is knocked up. Sure, I could be reading into it, but I thought I'd put this out there. :) Does Gil know? Not sure... Still trying to figure out where he's looking at her in that wide shot. Darnit. :) Need a bigger TV!

Freakin' MUTINY looks awesome, though Hodges warning Sara to use bleach on her dirty laundry is awesome. And is that package her gift from Gil? I sure hope so, because I was pissed that the freakin' gift didn't come tonight. Though, that website (whoiskeppler.com) and its three clips helped make up for it... and the lack of an "In two weeks" promo.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I loved this ep. I was dreading that it would be sad, but it wasn't at all, delighful, Grissom was great, and funny, and the last scene, where I thought I'd cry, reminded me of an old married couple, where the husband has to go out of town for a business trip, and he says "I'll miss you, and she goes "see ya when you get back" very cool, light and to me, well done the writers are so right on the target... and this ep. didn't get overshadowed by his leaving, it was more Catherine/Nick based, which is good,took my mind off him leaving..soo now wating for the gift and the kiss ~~~grits teeth~~~

[​IMG]

5. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

This episode was seriously great. I was laughing like a fool the whole time. Nick was a crack up. First his conversation with Catherine by the way, I am loving the idea that Grissom leaves after shift and took a day off... possible a little going away sex?) haha

Nick's hug with Grissom, PRICELESS!

THe GSR scene, adorable. I love how Grissom was sort of fumbling around in his head of what to say to her. Im just really interested and now we really have no idea if he did talk to her about it or she found out about it some other way. Or he waited a long time to tell her and thats why she was so emotional and non responsive to his "I'll miss you" perhaps.

Oh the possibilities.

I just simply loved this episode. Loved the character development throughout the whole episode.

Lets not forget the return of MCSK! yeahhh Come back Gris, come back!

ETA: HOLY MOLY

I thought this night couldnt get any better. I just went on the keppler web site and saw the clips for the next episode. For one, Keppler is indeed creepy. While Sara is talking to Catherine she is holding a package (hopefully from her MAN) and Nick starts a mutiny against Catherine and Keppler, alining a new team with Sara, Warrick, and Greg. Brilliant! I cannot wait!

6. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Okay... I was actually really pleased with the final scene.

For the first part, Sara clear knew for a while. The "so you're going" meant right. now.

Hence the "Yeah, my cab's outside".

So that was definitely a pleasant surprise.

As was the fact that he waited to make sure they were alone to give her a more intimate farewell.

I was fine with them not having a kiss - it was clearly a pretty frosty environment on Sara's side, and I don't necessarily know that it would've been in Grissom's best interest to try and move in there. lol.

But it is sort of as it should be - Sara waited for 6 years and now he's leaving, partly perhaps because of her, and I think that that kind of warrants a bit of a feeling of betrayal.

I like that it hurt Grissom (not because I want to see Grissom hurt, but because it's obvious he's concerned for her and them) and I think that there's no reason why he's return can't mend all of the problems Sara has right now.

Like Nick said - he assumed it meant gone for good. I think with Sara's possible abandonment issues, simply having him come back to her, even...

sending the present - I'll check out that clip to see if it's the package

might help confirm for her that it's still a steady and fine thing.

I mean, the way Grissom wanted to leave it was intact, from his actions and his tone. I think Sara was mistrustful of it.

ETA --- OOOPS. SIGNED IN ON THE WRONG ACCOUNT. THIS IS SARAHVMA. lol.

7. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I just keep rewatching the scene, and it's so interesting. Sara's first to put on the big smiley face, but when Gil says, "Yeah" he looks like he's in pain. He looks like it's hurting, like he gets that she's putting on the show, and he hates that she feels she has to do it. It's so adorably sad.

If you read my box a few posts up, you know that I see some support for the pregnancy claim... and it's scaring me. I'm really starting to believe TPTB might go that route... The body language in this scene just really makes it feel like they could go that route... The crossed arms, the covered belly, the self-consciousness... Grissom looking at Sara's lower half a bit (mind out of the gutter, you guys)... I mean, there are a lot of signs in the body language... Nonverbal off the freakin' charts. At least we're finally to the stage where he can say, "You!" I mean... "The lab needs you here." Great.

"I need her." Can you say it to her?

"Ones I love." Still a little vague, baby.

"I'll miss you." There's a direct thing for ONCE.

Someone on some board mentioned that they think Grissom was going to say something more involved, but backed out. Watching it over and over again, I can definitely believe that. He seems to be trying to gather his thoughts, but just can't do it. And, Sara let's him be Grissom. She really does. When he says, "I'll miss you" the vibe I get off of her is, "I know, baby." Not snide or proud... Not vain... Just a statement. It's the truth. She knows. And, not that I think she'd call him, "Baby." It's just the first thing that popped in my head as I watched her reaction for the first time.

I was worried we'd get something more ambiguous, along the lines of "Happenstance," but this was so much better. He's going to miss her. He does adore her, and the way she said she'd see him when he got back was so sweet. It was definitely an indication that things aren't ending. They're still together, even though they're apart.

Have to say, I miss the scene with Ecklie. I really wanted to see if the dialogue read the way it did in my head! I wanted to see how Grissom reacted as well... I mean, to me it sounded like Ecklie knew about GSR... but I guess you never know.

It does sound like they're going to remind us of GSR in the upcoming eps, though. I mean, we get a little "Dirty Laundry" thing in "Sweet Jane." In "Meet Market" there's the discussion of whether or not to wait for someone.... we just had the Nick/Cath discussion of Gris maybe having a girlfriend... I wonder if they'd bring back the, "Let's find Sara a date" storyline... that could be highly amusing. Though, if our girl is pregnant, I wanna know how they plan to reveal it. Part of me just wants her to pass out from carbon monoxide poisoning (thereby informing the rest of the team to get out, so they clear out the apartment building saving dozens of lives... but Catherine has a feeling something is up and covers for Sara, but things happen so fast that Cath never gets to really get an answer on who the Daddy is..... That is IF Sara is pregnant, but they certainly set the body language up in a way that it could be interpreted that way....

I'll shut up before I get lynched.

8. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

no kiss, no hug, no gift :( well i am Cautiously optimistic but ONLY "i miss you" i think that is something that understand...4 weeks without geek love and only i have " i miss you" poor sara :(
    if nick have more physical contact that sara with griss in this episode :(

9. kristy87

kristy87 Witness

:D he'll miss her :D *happy dance*
    you know, finally he admited something on screen :D

and you know what, I really hope she's pregnant, I mean in an interview Billy said that when the show'd go on for another 6 seasons he'd like to see them (Griss and Sara) raise their 5 year old child.

and hey, no worries, I'm sure one day we'll get it all, hug, kiss, her body pressed against his body...

and the gift should be a Williams College Baby track suit :D ;) The box she carries with her in that teaser clip on whoiskeppler.com is sure the gift he sent her, it's bigger than I expected :D so I hope it will be something for the baby ;) ;P

10. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

i don´t think that sara could be pregnat i think that is very soup-opera i like the idea but i don´t think so...about the box that have sara is the episode 7x13 and if i am not wrong is to the case of miniature :( i think that scene of the gift is cuting : cause rambo say 7x11(

11. kristy87

kristy87 Witness

I don't think the gift was cut. CM said that he'd sent her a gift "in a later episode". So I think it will either be in 7x12 or 7x13 if not even 7x14. But I really think that it's the box she is carrying, the MCSK-package was way bigger

12. katjo

katjo Witness

You guys are going to hate me, but I see some things in that final scene that support the pregnancy argument. And, no, I'm not talking about Ms. Fox's beer belly (as she puts it). No, I'm talking about BODY LANGUAGE. When Gil comes in, Sara has her jacket in her hands. She quickly folds it over, crossing her arms in front of her, guarding her stomach. Whenever she turns to face him, her arms are in this position, jacket covering the belly. While I don't think she's far enough along to show, she's definitely acting self-conscious (IF she is pregnant). Also, when he walks out, she glances down. There's serious body language support for the idea that our dear Ms. Sidle is knocked up. Sure, I could be reading into it, but I thought I'd put this out there. :) Does Gil know? Not sure... Still trying to figure out where he's looking at her in that wide shot. Darnit. :) Need a bigger TV!
    response to Alyssa's spoiler

I'm sure he saw her in the buff the night before when they said their formal goodbyes, so I'm not sure about that one. IMO Sara seems the type that would be anti-kid because of her past. And could you see Grissom changing a diaper? :lol: I think a baby would ruin the show, I hope it doesn't happen, but you never know.

13. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

*Sends evil death glare in Alyssa's direction.*

NO BABIES!! AHHH!!

As for the body language thing... I'll admit that it does look a little like she's showing signs of pregnancy. But... perhaps she is hiding, just not a baby belly. I can even use myself as an example here - When I am painfully aware that I am about to get my heart crushed I tend to fold into myself. My mom calls it my "Self hug". Not that it's really a hug - ANYWAY, she says it looks like I'm preparing myself. It's just a stance I get when I know that whatever is going to leave someone's mouth is going to hurt - big time.

I just mean that Sara's always kind of been the 'bottle it up' type. You know - until she erupts. Man... I'm more like her then I realized. And if the one person that she trusts totally and completely (not saying she doesn't love and trust the rest of the team to a certain degree) was leaving and you had to say that painful goodbye in a place where it WASN'T ok AL ALL to express it - you'd probably want to give yourself that hug (that she SHOULD have been getting from him) too.

o_O Did the rest of the team work a double or did anyone else get the impression that Sara was coming INTO work as the rest of the team was leaving? She wasn't there for the entire episode - and then she was there putting her coat INTO her locker as everyone else was preparing to go home.

o_O

But maybe that's just me.

*laughs hysterically* Meeting on a dark street corner to declare war against Catherine and Keppler? Wow. Pretty soon Nicky's going to the leader of the mob and Warrick and Greg his henchmen. Keppler freaks me out a little bit... no, he freaks me out a lot of bits. And I totally adore LS. *sigh* I miss Grissom.

Seriously. Now? They had to deliver that box NOW? Not five minutes sooner? Not three weeks later? NOW? Gah. I mean I knew from spoilers that it wasn't over - but omg - they aren't even going to OPEN the box for another four... five... ten weeks.... (How many episodes is Grissom gonna be gone for? 4? And how many repeat sets do we have in there?) *sigh* Unless Catherine opens it - but she's to busy thinking about her next shot where she might be able to remove MORE clothing. *cough* She'll set it aside and Grissom will have to blow dust off of it when he gets back. *giggles at image of Grissom with dust bunnies in his hair and up his nose*

Holy Sherlock Shoes! I'm gonna be late for work.

And Thanks ya'll for wishing me well - I hate being sick. I still feel like crap - but at least I'm on enough medication to where I just don't even care. Good news is, I don't have to work tomorrow so I can sleep the entire day away. Yay me!

That is all.

NO BABIES!

Edited because I apparently had more to say.

14. disprncss358

disprncss358 Rookie

Last night made me so mad, I'm like so glad that have finally gotten together, but why didn't he at least give her a hug good bye???

15. kristy87

kristy87 Witness

why are you all so anti-baby? :'(
    I would love it if she was pregnant! I'd really love it!

and her body language did not only betray her in last nights ep... in 7x03 she wore a mask while spraying luminol, when did anyone ever do that? in 7x05 she and Griss did exchange some suspicious looks during the conversation about the priest's girlfriend's pregnancy...

and I really don't think a baby would destroy the show, even though they both never seemed like "baby persons" they changed in the last months and it's only locigal for people in a relationship to consider the 'baby theme' at some point.

or it just happened accidentally and Sara is not the person who'd have an abortion. You know, that can happen even though you do everything to prevent it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.