Mac/Lindsay--All Dressed Up and Ready to Dance

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Top41, Jan 26, 2006.

1. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Episode 14 is when Lindsay says that she is going on a leave of absence.

Maybe that's when she has her talk with Mac about her secret? *hopes*

Edited to add spoiler box. Some people may not know that little bit of info. ;)

2. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

SP I thought it was tonight's episode were she was to talk with Mac. But of course now I hear she talks to Stella. Only thing I know for sure that has stayed the same in all the spoilers I have heard is that Mac already knows. But when ever she talks to him I wonder if he will tell her that he already knew.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Please keep in mind that when you are posting about future episodes that have not aired, to please use spoiler boxes or adequate spoiler space for those who like to remain spoiler free.

4. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

It said that she talks to Stella but Mac already knows her secret, but I think Mac will possibly talk to her before Stella or a little while after it, cause I'm sure he'll say he already knew

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Maybe she has the talk with Mac in episode 14 when she decides to leave. Surely she has to tell him that she's going. Maybe she's telling him she's leaving for a while and when she goes to explain why, he'll tell her that he already knows. I'd like to see them talk about it. Maybe whatever happens tonight (ep 12) is just between the audience and Stella (or maybe the audience only) and the rest of the team is trying to figure out what's going on. I'm probably wrong, but I'm still wondering if all of her secret past will be reavealed in this episode. Since she's going to be in two more eps, it seems strange that she wouldn't just leave after her secret is revealed.

6. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Oh but 1CSIMfan you were so right. And I would be glad if in the future the rest happens like you decribed. Way back when he told her to go home in the Daris(sp) case I had a small feeling she had gone though something similar.

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

That scene in Manhattan Manhunt (when he sent her back to the lab) didn't register with me at the time. Only that when she told Danny she'd seen more blood than that did I realize it had something to do with her secret.

But then last night, with her flashbacks it dawned on me that Mac sent her back to the lab in MM on purpose because he knew her secret (which she doesn't know he knows) and wanted to protect her from that scene.

The only thing I didn't notice happening last night was the team questioning was her problem was. Besides Stella, the only other people who noticed something was wrong was Hawkes (at the crime scene) and Sid (in the morgue). Other than that, the rest of the team doesn't have a clue.

I'm still hoping for a big scene between Mac and Lindsay in ep 14. There's no way that ep 12 was the big reveal of her past. They have to elaborate. I mean, what happened to her friends, where were they, how was she the lone survivor? Lots of questions and I'm really glad that Mac already knows about it. I do find myself wondering what triggered all of this. Why is this coming out now? Maybe it's just the fact that you can't run from your past and that it will eventually catch up with you.

8. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

That totally makes sense!

9. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I agree I think its coming out now in the way it did because its time. I'm sure Mac thought her looking at those kids in manhunt would trigger her memories but sometimes the brain doesn't work like that.
    I would want to know when this happened to her. Because if it was so recent would Mac thought differently about hiring her?

10. screamingpoet

I think what happened to Lindsay happened when she was a teenager, or maybe in the first years of when she was in college. Because the way she talked about it in "Silent Night" sounded like it happened a while ago, and Lindsay didn't know why these memories were cropping up now.

It sort of reminded me of that episode of "Criminal Minds" where those three girls from the soccer team were kidnapped and the unsub kept them locked in a basement, and he said only two of them would come out alive.

I expect that the violence of Lindsay's secret was probably some intruder at a sleepover or study group. Multiple stab wounds, blunt force trauma... they never found out who did it, and that's why she became a CSI. The need to find justice, you know?

I think Mac still would've hired her. He obviously cares about his employees, and any struggles Lindsay went through he would've gladly helped her through. He wouldn't have hired her anyways if he thought she couldn't handle it.

11. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I agree with that, I don't think he would've hired her unless he knew, and he obviously cares about his team.

I still think they'll give a hint on weither or not he knows the big secret, "all of it"

12. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Watching the episode again I got the feeling once he heard that Lindsay wasn't at the crime scene he knew the reason and that's why he didn't talk anymore about it with Stella.

Off topic I didn't like how Stella handled Lindsay again.

13. screamingpoet

It seemed to me (and maybe I'm just reading Stella wrong) that she only told Lindsay to go into autopsy because she was pissed that Lindsay didn't open up to her. As in, "Hey, I gave you the opportunity to tell me what was wrong, now you lost your chance. Autopsy one, now."

I don't like how people are bashing Lindsay for being closed off about her secret. If I was her, I wouldn't want people prying into my past, especially if it was as violent as her secret looks. I wouldn't want to deal with the pity or the way people would try to treat me with delicacy, as if I might cry or have a memory wash over at any second. I'd rather just deal with it myself. I don't know. Maybe that's Lindsay and maybe it isn't.

14. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

True what you said about Stella making her go to Autopsy. I just I have a problem the way they are having Stella and Lindsay fight.

I think maybe she was actually so used to some people knowing about her secret. That she didn't have any idea how to handle Stella asking her about it. And I don't expect her to pour her past out to everyone. And it depends if they show how she finds out that Mac knows. ;)

15. the_lab_tech

the_lab_tech Victim

Does anybody know where, apart from fanficton.net, I can find any Mac/Lindsey fanfiction? I really need a break from studying and would love to read some new stuff.