Eric & Calleigh #19 - Spontaneous Nudity Bound To Occur

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Probably because he respects Calleigh. But really, we don't know if they have or haven't. That scene in WFDF screamed of them having had a past together.

The best example is the season premiere, where she had a GPS track on his cell phone to know where he was at all times. As soon as he was in trouble, she called Horatio. How kick ass was that? I could imagine her checking her cell phone every 5 minutes, because how else could she knew he was in trouble as soon as the signal disappeared?

Why were you in the hospital, Ali?

2. midnightsun

midnightsun Coroner

Random: Death Grip ROCKS!

That is all.

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Nice call Midnightsun. That episode ranks as probably my all time favorite E/C Episode. Of course Simple Man and WFDF come in close behind :)

4. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

Yes, yes! That eppy rox! I have had it on my mind for awhile.

5. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Mm. I still can't decide whether I like Death Grip or Pro Per better.

I do find that weird, but then again, I don't. Calleigh's not just another woman to him. I don't think he'd do the whole one night stand thing with her. He cares way too much about her.

On the other hand, they're best friends. They're closer than close. They've been through hell together. They're comfortable with each other. It would be just so easy to go to dinner together, and then both end up at one of their apartments together with the premise of talking or watching a movie, and it just happens.

I do find it odd in the way that they've been so close for so long; how has there not at least once been something more there, accidental or not?

6. midnight_tiptoes

I tend to think there was, in the past, like before the show started. WFDF, the way they act in that scene - I get the feeling the writers were going for a 'fuck buddies' approach with these two. Because it's just too weird that Eric wants to stay over at a woman who he is constantly flirting with. Why not Speed or Horatio? I mean, it would make sense if it'd been like, "can I stay over? Okay? Okay, cool." But that's not how it went down. First, Calleigh avoided answering the question for a really long time. Then she felt the need to tell him there would be no sex. Then he laughed and said deal in a dangerously sexy voice.

Sometimes I'm 100% sure that they had sex that night.

BTW, TWoP recapped that scene perfectly:

I remember a lot of people voted that Eric and Calleigh hook up every once in a while, hence that scene. Makes sense.

7. CSI_Duquesne01

Can I ask a question??? When Eric and Calleigh get together, do you think they may ever flashback on a previous episode? Maybe seasons ago? You know, just to say "Remeber that time..." or "Once we actually did do that..."

8. midnight_tiptoes

I don't know if they'll ever flashback, but I could see one of the other characters, Ryan or Jake, asking Eric or Calleigh if they ever had a thing, and then their reactions would be a dead giveaway. Calleigh would deny it cause she's a good liar, but Eric would sort of dance around the issue, cause he sucks at lying.

I'm interested in seeing Calleigh's reaction if Eric ever got serious with someone. These two are so like Jim and Pam it's insane.

9. CSI_Duquesne01

Well I just can't wait until this season is over, so another character can get a lot of storylines. Like Alexx.

I wouldn't want Eric to get seriuos with someone else. What if she gets jealous and he says "Too late. She's already taken me." or something.

10. midnightsun

midnightsun Coroner

Yep. "No midnight tiptoes." was THE scene, THE line, THE Genesis of THE ship. Season 2 was pretty good too. Grand Prix... Big Brother... TYLER!!! But Death Grip is just good for SO many reasons. 1) Jeff. 2)"Easy." 3)"No offence." "None taken. I have green eyes." 4) *ahem* I can loooove, but I need his heart.

And, ALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!

She's SUCH a shipper. Love. And Speed. And Tyler. And YELENAAAA!!!!

When do we get a new thread?

11. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

With Eric and Calleigh, I find it hard to believe something hasn't happened or that something won't happen. It's fate. At one point or another, something is bound to happen between them (if it hasn't already) I can't really put my finger on what it is between them, but it's the same thing that happened between two of my best friends. They danced around each other for years, we all knew they liked each other, even though they denied it. They were perfect, and everyone knew it, so they tried to push them together. I sat back and said to give it time, because it will happen eventually, and guess what, it did! It's stuff like this that makes me believe in destiny. Eric and Cal are exactly the same. There's just something about them that screams that they are meant to be together.

The whole deal with the hospital thing was, I had some kind of fainting debacle a few weeks ago at work and was rushed to hospital for extensive tests. They can't have found anything major, because I was sent home pretty quickly, but told not to go into work/school for the time being. So I had a few extra days off, and that led into the Christmas break anyway, my symptoms started to get worse. Then yesterday I got a phone call from the hospital telling me to come back in as it was urgent, so I thought that they must have the test results back and have found something. I was actually pretty glad, because I've been in serious pain the past few days. I got my Dad to cart me down there, I got a bed and thought 'Finally, they're going to tell me what's wrong with me and treat it' and what happened, more damn tests! After all that fuss, they just decided to send me home again, telling me to take paracetamol for the pain and get some bed rest for the time being. Hello, what the hell do you think I've been doing?! I hate hospitals and stupid incompetent doctors. The pain's pretty bad today, so it looks as though I may have to make another visit in a few days if it doesn't go down. But even with that, I'm conviced 2007 will be a good year :lol:.

12. delkolover

I've often wondered if something happened between them years ago. Ya know they were together before they started CSI or they got together in the sense they had a one night stand, got it out of their systems and that was it. I just feel that they have some connection to that extent where they have history that they (the writers) haven't shown us.

I wouldn't be surprised when they do finally get together that we get a flashback or explanation to that effect. It just seems a little odd to me that for the first two seasons the flirting was going hot and heavy and then all of sudden it just dissapated or stopped entirely....that to me screams sexual tension release!! :D

13. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I dunno. I kinda hope they don't go with that approach now. Revealing that they had an affair before might make light of the strong feelings they feel for each other now, because that's what Eric does with every girl. Calleigh is not one of his flings, she means way much more to him than that. If the writers do decide to go the E/C route (Please! I'm looking at you, Corey Miller!) I don't think bringing something like that up would be the best way to advance the relationship. Best thing would be for them to leave it up to the imagination. That scene speaks volumes on it's own, and we can let our shippery (and often dirty :devil:) minds speculate as to what else was going on :).

The only reason the tension dissapated is because they were barely in the same room for more than three seconds! But when they were, you could definately still see it there, in fact, nothing could be more obvious. Although E/C scenes in Seasons 3 & 4 were pretty lacking in volume, what we got was good stuff. Deep and meaningful. Plus, they have both been through hell since S2, it makes sense that they aren't as chirpy as before, 'cause they have issues (which they should totally could help each other out with by the way :lol:) but even though they are down in the dumps they make each other smile. Eric's been really depressed lately and miserable, Calleigh comes into the room and his face lights up. It works both ways too, and it doesn't happen with anyone else.

I don't know who here keeps up to date with what's going on at the LJ communities and stuff, but somebody posted a wonderful fanvid. It's on the E/C community and Youtube, if you can't find it, PM me and I'll send you the link.

I don't know about you, but that made me insanely happy :D.

EDIT: Thanks, read and understood :).

14. CSI_Duquesne01

I loooove that video!!! Whoever made, I shall give them a kiss!!!

You know, I was watching Adam on the Megan Mullally Show and it connected me to Emily on Martha and other shows. You know why? Because everytime they show a clip of either one of them on CSI:Miami, it's an Eric and Calleigh scene. Even when I watched the Today show and they were talking about CSI, the first scene they showed of CSI:Miami was Eric and Calleigh talking. That and nothing else. And when I opened up a magazine and they were talking about CSI, the only picture they showed was of Eric and Calleigh looking at something on the ground. That was the only picture. And that was one of the most popular magazines in the country, maybe even the world.

15. delkolover

Even the magazines see something between them!!! :D
    That vid was awesome...hugs and kisses to whoever made it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.