Grissom Takes a Hiatus

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Dec 23, 2006.

1. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

Re: Grissom Takes a Hiatus

I agree totally with you, katpin31791. Unlike other posters, I will miss him as well. In the other eps that he wasn't in,('Gum Drops' for example), I kept waiting and waiting for something that was really going to hook me into the episode, but it just wasn't there. As for disliking a character, I kind of don't care for Catherine and Warrick but I continue to watch for the cases and characters I do like. I don't know why someone would watch a show when they despise the main character.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yes, and for those of us who aren't big on the GSR (just because one person doesn't like it doesn't make it "the most hated ship", incidentally. :rolleyes: ) they've kept the relationship stuff at such a minimum that it barely registers on the radar anyway. I've barely noticed it.

And seriously, if people stop watching a show b/c of one couple they don't like (especially one that hardly makes an appearance), then clearly they weren't very big fans to begin with anyway, if you ask me. The show still represents all that's good on TV to me, and short of killing off half the cast, I'm more than willing to continue supporting the show.

I will miss Grissom when he's gone, but I think the rest of the cast is more than strong enough to carry the show for 4 episodes without him

3. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

its not just coz i hate it that i said that, polls have been done, some on this board infact. its easily the most hated, and with good reason, its horrible

4. Txxgrrrl

Txxgrrrl Hit and Run

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen a "most hated ship" poll here or anywhere else for that matter. I've seen some popularity type polls and I've seen GSR do pretty well in those polls but none regarding "most hated whatever". Feel free to point them out.

Sounds like a silly poll actually...why hate fictional characters? I mean, dislike...ok, that's a natural reaction I guess we all have to certain characters but hate is a pretty strong word for something that isn't even real. It's not enough to simply say "I don't like it" rather than "I hate it and it makes everyone hurl" which I can't take seriously because well, I've not heard of a rash of vomiting due to GS scenes this season. Surely we would have heard about that, I mean...it would be quite the phenomenon :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm looking forward to Liev Schreiber, he's a great actor but I'll miss Grissom. I really believe that CSI wouldn't have lasted long without Grissom(and Catherine perhaps) and there is no doubt that William Petersen was instrumental in getting this show off the ground.

Edited out comment re: Liev Schreibers character as it could be considered a spoiler and some people are strong enough to remain unspoiled. I'm just not one of them.

5. BabaOReilly

Love love LOVE Liev! :D I too am really looking forward to his character on CSI. I have avoided spoilers, so I don't know too much about it- I just know I'm excited to see what he's like. I've liked him for a really long time and I think he's totally underrated as an actor. He's awesome! :)

6. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Liev Scheiber can never replace Grissom.

7. BabaOReilly

I don't think that's their intention, actually. They just need someone to fill in briefly. I think he'll do an awesome job.

8. CrazyVictoria

CrazyVictoria Victim

I don't mean to change the subject, but is anyone else curious as to Grissom's decision to place Warrick as the 'rock' of the team when it is Catherine that is usually the second-in-command? Just a thought--I'm a little confused.
    And I apologize if it's been asked before, but does anyone know how long William Petersen is planned to be away from CSI?
    Thanks!

9. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

there was one on here called dislike a ship

10. BabaOReilly

I believe William Peterson is away for 4 episodes. I don't know why he's choosing Warrick as the "rock" of the team though- I think it's from a spoiler. Your guess is as good as mine as to why he would pick Warrick in particular.

11. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Didn't he leave Warrick in charge once before while he was away? Seem as though he did cause Grissom asked upon his return how things went. If my menorey serves me correctly(what a joke lol)when the show was ending Grissom & Warrick both were sitting down talking. Can't remember the name of the ep but it seems Warrick couldn't understand how Grissom did it. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Season 2 - "Ellie"

13. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

TY. I knew there was at least one ep. LOL

14. Dutchess

Dutchess Victim

Well, there never was much of a GSR, if you ask me. We saw more of a Gil-Lady Heather.

I'll miss him only because he's good-looking. His character is sort of crabby. LOL

15. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

In the promo, we see Griss looking at Warrick then he says "you're the rock of the team" (paraphrasing of course) but we don't really know who he's saying it to because the promos can be misleading at times.

I dunno, maybe because Warrick gets along with everyone, that's why Grissom says it :rolleyes: