Your Top 5 Fictional Characters?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by MiamiDade, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Only five, huh? This is going to be difficult.

Tim Speedle: CSI: Miami He's just... he's so... he's just Speed. I love everything about him. The sarcasm, the scruffyness, the way he totally cares, but doesn't like to show it... everything.
    Jack Sparrow: Pirates of the Caribbean It's Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy?
    Angel Dumott Schunard: RENT Angel is so amazing. So full of life, and has the capacity for unconditional, unwavering love. She can see the best in anyone, and loves them for who they are. Not to mention hilarious when drunk.
    George O'Malley: Grey's Anatomy All together now, awww George is such a sweetie. I wish I could have a friend like him.
    Abby Sciuto: NCIS What to say about Abby. She's just... Abby. She's totally kick ass. She may dress like a goth, and have an obession with vampires and tattoos, but she's got the most bubbly, outgoing, friendly personality. She's also got one heck of a brain. And, she goes bowling with Nuns :lol:

Can I come back and do five more later?

2. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I reckon so, yes. ;) Limiting the list to five is difficult, that's for sure. There are so many well loved characters out there, it would be a shame to be too restrictive. So, I would say go for it! :D

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

1. James Bond: He by far is the coolest character in the history of films. Only he can maintain his sexy looks while saving the world & getting the girl. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be a Bond girl. *rawr* :devil:

2. Lisa Cuddy(House): Currently the toughest woman on primetime television. Not only is she gorgeous as hell but she's really witty & really intelligent too. Plus, she's able to stick up to House & once in a while she'll flirt with him too. Plus, I admire her most for saying what's on her mind.

3. Dwight Schrute(The Office): He is the biggest buffon & ass kisser in the history of sitcoms but I still adore him. He may be a dork but he's a lovable dork at that. The way he follows Michael like a puppy is priceless. Plus, I love the banter he shares with Jim Halpert. He's also pretty good with Angela as well. Basically I love the interaction he has with every character. I hope he gets more scenes with Andy 'cause those two are hilarous together :lol:.

4. Frank Constanza(Seinfeld): This guy is a legend. He's by far the funniest character that this show ever had. My only complaint is that he wasn't in enough episodes. The way he treated the Seinfeld's & Elaine was priceless :lol:. One of his great moments was when he turned George's room in a billard place. Oh, and he's the reason I follow Festivus. It's one of the greatest holidays ever & the scene at the end of The Strike was priceless. "Mr. Kruger, my son tells me you stink!" :lol: Funniest.character.ever

5. Karen Fillipelli(The Office): I love this character so much. Seriously, she's the prettiest character out there on television. I love that she wasn't afraid to go after Jim Halpbert from the get go. She's hilarious & really sweet too. I hope she gets more scenes with Dwight & Micheal & Angela :lol:.

HM: (which I'll expand on later)
    Michael Scott(The Office)
    Uncle Jesse(Full House)
    Homer Simpson(The Simpsons)
    Stewie Griffin(Family Guy)

4. Horatios_Shades

Horatios_Shades Prime Suspect

Hawkeye Pierce (M*A*S*H*) This character has it all....makes you laugh, makes you cry, makes you think. Timeless...

Sheriff Lucas Buck (American Gothic) Manipulative and scheming, never has someone so evil been so sexy!!! :devil: Still can't believe they cancelled it after one series....

Spike (BtVS/Angel) The sexiest vamp around...loved the sarcasm, and also his knack for getting his kit off A LOT in the later seasons...he used to make me chuckle...."You know you take the killing for granted. And then it's gone. And you're like, I wish I'd appreciated it more. Stopped and smelled the corpses." :lol:

Horatio Caine (CSI Miami) The shades, the pose, the one liners...

Chandler Bing (Friends) Absolutely adore this character...could he be any funnier?

5. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

1. Jack Twist (Brokeback Mountain): Never been so moved by a movie, this character just makes me melt, dunno why, my romantic side maybe.

2. Jack Sparrow (POTC): he seems to have many admirers here, wonder why ;). He's so funny, so crazy.

3.Michael Scofield (Prison Break): he's handsome, intelligent, sensitive and a bad boy (not really actually).

4. Gil Grissom my favorite CSI character (Miami and NY included), he just rocks !

5. Harry Potter: this magical world and characters make me forget the real life for a while, that's all I need sometimes.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

5? Just 5? Shane just can't do 5! :eek:

Lets go start with 5 and work my way down.

#5 - Jack Sparrow - he's made the list, savy?
    #4 - Gil Grissom - if you'll follow the clues, you'll probaly find out why he's made #4.
    #3 - Gregory House - Since it's Christmas time, House and I would like to wish everyone a holy hell! :D
    #2 - Catherine Willows - Hot. Sexy. Mine.
    #1 - Jack Bauer. Dynamo1, my Jack Bauer will take out your James Bond any day. :lol:

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

well, since the original poster said we can come back and add 5 more...
    here are 5 more...

Gil Grissom (CSI) -he's cool, he's smart, he's sexy in his own way, you love him or you hate him, either way, he's on my list ( he's the whole reason I came to this board in the fisrt place :D )

Ennis Del Mar/Jack Twist (Brokeback Mountain)- I love this movie, and I too am a romantic and this movie made me fall in love with these two characters

Father Thomas (The Mermaid Chair) - I really liked reading the book and I watched the movie hoping to see more of the character develop but I did like what I saw

Homer Simpson (The Simpsons) D'OH! Do I need to say anymore?

Carrie Bradshaw (Sex in the City) - I liked her best when she was with BIG, she was too whiny without him

8. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

1. Ralph de Bricassart (The Thorn Birds)

He's amazing desirable, sexy, hot and a wonderful character.
    I like his rider boots under the black cassock.
    His body is perfect and is a real beau...

2. Sunny Crockett (Miami Vice)

A perfection of a dream man, had cool patter and I like his direct art.
    Smart, very tough and freaky... with his alligator Elvis on his yacht. :lol:

3. Aragorn (Lord of the Rings)

A hard man with a indescribable look. He's wild, robust, imperishable and flowery.

4. King Mongkut (Anna and the King)

His outfits are fantasic and eccentric. With his gold glasses act on very legitimate and interesting.

5. Dean Corso (The Ninth Gate)

Johnny Depp as book hunter, with mustache and glasses... Wow ... :eek:
    And is a very interest person and had a great character in the movie.

9. Palm

Palm Coroner

1. Michael D'Amico (The Simpsons)
    Fat Tony's kid. He has that manner where you KNOW he's a psycho because he's so quiet and you KNOW he's totally going to be one of the most brutal bosses in Springfield.

2. Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS)
    Holy crap. I don't know how I couldn't mention Gibbs. He embiggens everything awesome. From his misunderstanding of "Emo?!" to slapping Tony on the head, it's alllll good.

3. Christopher Moltisanti/Paulie Walnuts (The Sopranos)
    They tie for third because I find them just hilariously awesome all the time. Paulie with his misunderstanding of.. everything. And Chris with him being angry at that kid in the donut shop.

4. Toby (The Office)
    Oh man. I feel SO bad for him all the time. He reminds me of my best friend, who's meek and basically takes all the junk that people say to him. But, unlike my friend, Toby has that gift of being so adorably sweet and just letting it go, but you can tell it hurts. Eek!

5. Niles (Frasier)
    Because he's geeky like me :D
    And he totally flips out over situations that can easily be solved, but he gets all panicky and faints and all that, which is just fantastically awesome to me.
    XD

10. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

1. Maximus from Gladiator. A perfect hero.

2. Tom Barnaby from the Midsomer Murders series (British).

3. Hercule Poirot - a fussy, odd little man, but I love him.

4. Dominic Da Vinci from the superb Canadian series Da Vinci's Inquest. Flaws and all, I think he's absolutely mesmerizing.

5. Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump. Gary was brilliant in that role.

11. Fia

Fia Victim

This thread is awesome! :p

1. Lilly Rush from Cold Case - I love the way she pulls of her role. With her playing you do not have the feeling of watching another detective series. She's awesome!

2. Sara Sidle from CSI - She's different and that's what I like about her. Jorja does a really good job since I think the role of Sara Sidle is not too easy.

3. Seth Cohen from the OC - I've never seen any other more hilarious character. Adam Brody acts so adorable. Seth always cracks me up even by only seeing his face on the screen. LOL

4. Gregory House from House - Gotta love that man! He's so weird that it's funny again. What else is there to say?

5. Kirsten Cohen from The OC - No one could've done a better job than Kelly Rowan. Such a caring mum and lovely wife!

12. SaraStar

SaraStar Pathologist

Fialein! You came. :D *hugs tight* And I'm glad to see we have three fictional characters in common. :lol:

13. IvoryRaven

IvoryRaven Police Officer

1. Greg Sanders (CSI) - Because-because-because.. the hair! The woobie-factor! All of the Greg-gets-kidnapped-and-is-scarred-for-life fanfics!

2. Rodney McKay (Stargate Atlantis) - Because he is petty, arrogant, and bad with people.. by his own admission. Because he is annoying yet endearing, and frightened yet heroic. And because he has beautiful eyelashes (I never said I wasn't shallow).

3. Auron (Final Fantasy X) - Tall, dark, and handsome. Not to mention mysterious. And you can't help but feel sorry for him even as you seriously admire him. I mean, the whole time, he was actually <SPOILER>! (Yeah, if you've played the game you'll know what I mean.) Man, that sucks.

4. Bean (Ender's Shadow) - That's a book, if you're wondering. He's this super-smart kid who is years before his time in terms of basically everything. Oh yeah, and as a result, his lifespan is a fraction of everyone else's.

5. Penelope Garcia (Criminal Minds) - Basically, she's awesome. She's the tech goddess of the BAU and she's damn good at her job. Not to mention hilarious. She's sweet and snarky and will flirt with anyone. And I totally want to be her when I grow up.

So, observations? In general I seem to be attracted to smart, woobie-licious, and misfortunate people. I think it's the angst factor.

14. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

Harry Potter What can I say? It's Harry Potter! He's definitely my hero.

Edward Cullen One of the main characters from the Twilight series. He's a vampire... and he's AWESOME

Greg Sanders I love Greg! Greg's hilarious and his personality is great. OH YEAH. The hair is brilliant

Bella Swan Once again a Twilight series character! She's just an average girl but she's smart and i wish i were her!

V V from V for Vendetta is like a GOD! Okay, he's not a god by any means but he's wise, kick ass, and loving!

There were a lot of other characters but these guys/gal are my favorites!

15. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

You know, I find it very interesting that so many of the favourite fictional characters are actually TV characters. It's definitely an indication of the times.