Lindseys secret!!??

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Guest, Dec 14, 2006.

1. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

Acutally I somehow can understand her "WHY NOW".

In Manhattan Manhunt, she was a rookie in NY team, it was a new start for her, so she intentionally put the tragic things and memories behind, it could work for a short period of time, if she made her mind to do so.

Then later S2, there was the Mermaid case, the victim was from Montana, looked like Lindsay was affected by the case, I think the case brought her back to her hometown and old memories.

Then the Suicide Girl case and the grief and angry monther of the victim, she couldn't handle it (and so Danny got a slap on his face..)..At the beginning of that EP she stared at the dead girl for long time until Mac called her twice. I think the dark secrets were coming back to haunt her little by little until 3x12 she saw it again and couldn't take anymore.

However I noticed these mostly because of Mac's reactions, not Lindsay's. I feel that Mac knew all about Lindsay's dark secret in very detail (and seems he didn't tell anything to Stella, :p), so he knew she might be affected by some cases and he kept an eye on her.

I hope there will be a conversation between Mac and Lindsay later to reveal more.

2. thisyearslove

thisyearslove Police Officer

I'm no expert, but speaking from experience, different things make you recall truamatic events.

Some events trigger memories while others don't. Even if both events seem to be similar, you're not always sure what's going to bring up bad memories.

I hope TPTB address this before the start of season 4. Mention a therapy session or two - like Stella with Frankie (although I thought they could have had her in therapy until now - talk about creepy experiences).

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'm not sure if everybody knows this or not, so I'll use a spoiler box.

In earlier spoilers, it was revealed that when Lindsay goes to Mac (ep 14 I believe) he tells her that he already knew about her past and the dark, secret.

I'm sure that's why he sent her back to the lab in Manhattan Manhunt. He just wanted to spare her.

4. Lindsay_Montana

Lindsay_Montana Hit and Run

Well this gun which was holding to her face in "Not What It Looks Like" could have caused this emotions to come up again. I also think, that the shooter(s) back in Montana commited suicied because in "Stealing Home" she went to this guy at the end and wanna know why he do it...

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^The gun thing in NWILL is possible. Though I still come back to "Manhattan Manhunt" basically being the exact same situation--and her wanting to be there, not running away from it.

And I have no doubt that Mac sent her back to the lab in MM because of her past. He must have thought she couldn't handle it--and he was probably right.

6. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Oh my God, yeah. I just realized. I think on a level or another, maybe it was in her file when she came to work.

7. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Top, I can understand your point. However, I'm thinking that MM was more about the aftermath of the tragedy, and she felt she could deal with the terms of that case. NWILL, on the other hand, thrust her into the middle of the situation, and I dare say she probably saw her life leaving her again. Just my opinion.

8. Lindsay_Montana

Lindsay_Montana Hit and Run

I rewatched ep. 3.01, 3.02, 3.03 and 3.04 yesterday... In 3.01 she was the old, happy and lighthearted Lindsay from season 2, making jokes about Flacks "Fanclub" etc., same in 3.02, after the "Gun-holding-to-her-face"-thing she changed to the dark and depressed Lindsay. Yeah, I guess she though she was over it in MM, but shes not...

9. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

There's really no way of predicting what will trigger a response to a traumatic event that you thought was long buried. I got into a terrible car accident many years ago, but every once in awhile, even now, something will happen during a car ride that sends me into a panic attack.

I think with Lindsay she honestly thought she had dealt with her past, but bits and pieces of different crime scenes in the past season have ended up bothering her more than she thought they would, and brought the memories flooding back, even after all this time - and she wasn't expecting that. I think that's understandable and even realistic, but I do hope that when the entire story is eventually revealed, the writers have their feces consolidated, so to speak, and present us with a tight, believable storyline.

10. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

As for the writers dragging this "secret" out... I hate it, and wished that they unloaded it all at once, as it is driving me crazy thinking about it, but, you have to admit, it gets people talking about the show, and keeps our interest...so that is probably one of the reason for them taking FOREVER to say anythign about it... I believe, according to a thing I read in "People" this week, CSI: NY is the 9th most popular show of 2006...

I also tend to agree with the hostage-situation-triggering-her-memory-or-whatnot theory....

11. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

I'm not sure it was this thread or the grading one asking about what exactly was said when Lindsay was having her flashback, but I watched the episode again with my handy dandy earphones.

The first couple of words were mummbled, something "down". Then they said, "There's gun shot wounds, ages 15-17, one possible survivor."

So the number was ages, not victims. Just letting everyone know.

12. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

Oooh, so she was like 15-17 when it happened....stating the obvious, yeah, I know. Haha. Thanks.

13. Allyson

Allyson Victim

I can't wait to the secret is reveled...well the rest of it...I believe that maybe Lindsey should go to Danny and tell him the big secret and then they can get together...hehe.. love m&m...can't wait...I like your ideas though guys

14. Boa_Vista_Fan

Boa_Vista_Fan Rookie

Whoops. I freaked out right there because I could've sworn I was right and typed up everything word-for-word in my last post. (Yeah, I'm anal like that... But I guess I was wrong!) I played it back at least ten times before I finally heard ages before 15-17. (The "gunshot wounds" part was much louder than "ages." :p)

So yeah, you're right. 15-17 were the ages of the kids/victims involved/killed in the crime.

Does anyone know how old Lindsay is? Have we ever been told?

15. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

I haven't heard anything. I'm gonna guess at 29 or 30. I know Delko on Miami is supposed to be like 27 or 28 or something.