Photo Competition: Holiday Decorations - WINNERS UP!

wibble

Corpse
This week, we're doing holiday decorations as our theme. Whether you celebrate Christmas and/or another holiday this month, here's a chance to send in a pic of any decorations you put up as part of your celebrations. :)

Here are the RULES please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. The photograph must show some decorations, such as lights, garlands, other glittery things, etc. that you have put up specifically for your holiday celebrations. Please don’t send me a pic of some street lamps, or your bedside light or something :p

2. You have until 11 a.m. GMT Sunday 24th December to submit your photograph. I am afraid that I will not accept late entries from anyone.

3. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph[/b].

4. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

5. The photograph must NOT be manipulated in any way using Photoshop or any other such programme. This competition is about how good a photograph you can take, not about what you can do with an image using Photoshop, etc. That is what the Fan Art forum is for.

6. Entries must be no larger than 600x480 pixels. If they are, I will ask you to re-size it.

7. This competition (like the icon challenges in Fan Art) is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified, otherwise your friends will see it and may vote for it even if there are better photographs submitted. In addition to this, don’t go around telling people which photograph is yours and getting them to vote for it – that is a very sad and lowly thing to do, and the voting for this competition should be unbiased.

Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own web space, such as a Photobucket account, and PM me the link.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions.

Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner, available upon request via PM. Any questions, please either post them here, PM or email me.

Now that you have READ THE RULES, you can go snap your holiday decorations :D

Re: Photography Competition: Holiday Decorations

Love this theme! Nicely chosen, wibbsey the guy! I may be able to enter this competition.

^ Thanks Roos :D but, erm..."wibbsey the guy?" *raised eyebrow*

I'm a woman! *sobs*

:lol:

Hormiga said:
Is street,shops,etc decoration ok? :confused:

If so-no fair! *cries* I saw some really pretty one's in Brighton yesterday, lol, they looked like spider webs, hmmmm, gonna have to go back down there!!! Yay! *runs off to Brighton to take some pictures of the cool decorations!! :p*

~xJemmax~

Cool, I have just put my decorations up (a bit late I know) I will immediately go and take pictures of them...Nice theme wibble . :D

took one just now thats kind of pretty, will give it a try. of course your deadline is the day i get to new york city and couldve taken one of the giant christmas tree :p

Hormiga said:
Is street,shops,etc decoration ok? :confused:

Yup, as long as you're happy to submit those :) I was thinking people would more like to take a pic of their own decorations, but if you find some ones displayed out in the public that you like, then that's fine also ;)

I think I'll be able to use a friend's camera at the end of the week, so I'll be in this compitition.

Oh, I hope I can make a pretty pic of decorations in town or something.. Cool theme!
smiley_egyptian.gif

This is a great idea!

Bummer, I'm not decorating this year.....won't be home....no, won't have a home for Christmas so I'll skip this one. If I can, I'll see if I can sneak onto a computer in time for voting. Best of luck to all who enter!

I'm not a great fan of christmas but I think I got a nice one. just made it.

This is a great idea, wibbs :D

I love Christmas decorations, they're so pretty.

Interesting theme. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Hmmmm, Ok, Im off to Brighton! Either that or take a photo of our rubbish ones in town :p
Hmmmm, well, I may have some pretty one's actually......I plan on taking part i this one, lol, I keep missing them :lol:

~xJemmax~

Back