Let's Talk Gay

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MiaCharlize, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

We'll I think I can savely say that they're no homophobes, the pupils I teach. But it's just really interesting when your teacher fancies girls, and especially when she doesn't say a word about it.. the mystery around it makes it very interesting to them. So they just tried to evoke some response from me, to verify their guessing.

Yeah, my boss rocks my socks :p I also told him that I'm not ashamed of who I am and if people don't accept me that it's their problem and they should live with it.

2. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

Very good for you, Jayne!

I've never actually posted here, but whatever...
    I have a friend that is pretty much gay. I'm one of the only people that she talks to about it, so it can get fairly interesting sometimes. I, personally, am straight, but there is no problem what-so-ever with homosexuality. Nope.
    The point was though, that though I have no gay family members, other than my little brother, who I'm pretty sure might end up gay one day, I have...interesting friends.
    Yeah...maybe I never really had any point...

- Ally

3. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I didn't mean to imply they were...But the fact that they are intrigued by it shows that they acknowledge it. The kids I work with don't even seem to see a difference.
    Maybe it's because they're younger, but to them girl+girl is just as good as girl+boy.

Another thing I find interesting is that despite the many insults they throw at each other (I've heard some pretty ugly things coming from some of the 8 year olds) I've never heard anyone use "gay/fag/dyke" or any words of the likes. I'm not sure if that is because they have never heard of it before or because they don't find it insulting. The first seems a little hard to believe though with what these kids watch on TV...

4. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

Yay Jayne's back!

Are there any guys on this thread? I haven't seen any ever I dont think or at least in a really long time...

Oh I decided I want to date a bi guy so I can watch him make out with other guys.

5. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

OMG! Jayne's back!! *Starts dancing*

This weekend my family had a get together and we somehow got into the conversation about gay people. All of my family, agreed that it didn't matter what people did behind closed doors. It actually made me quite happy to konw they thought that :)

6. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Awh, Levon, I'm so happy for you. :)

I haven't seen any guys over here, actually.

7. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

The other day in my Journalism class, this kid Steve was saying something about how if he didn't step up and be a man about something (I'm not quite clear what he and his friends were talking about) then he'd be "gay and in the closet like that kid over there."

Well, "that kid over there" happened to be my friend Justin. It's great that Steve is perceptive enough to notice that Justin is gay, but if he actually knew Justin he'd know that there is no way Justin's in the closet. I mean, at the beginning of the year we did this icebreaker in class and Justin and his partner [Aly] went up and the first thing Aly said was "We both like boys."

So, you know, basically this upset me. Because people who say things like Steve did, and use homosexuality as a term that displays weakness? They're idiots.

8. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

*starts dancing with catherinewillows*

Jounralism...haha...Looping Louie... Anyways I doubt that made any sense to anybody here. Homosexuality in no way displays weakness ebcause it takes courage for a lot of people to come out especially with people like Steve in the world.

9. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

hi guys, i'm joining the conversation!!
    i have two teachers at my school, women both, who fancy girls. they actually had an affair, but because they are teachers, they stopped doing it. i had another female teacher who was bisexual, but she got an affair with a girl student, and she has been fired because of that. i think it was wrong of the female teacher, she should have known it wasn't legal...
    anyway, i followed L-word for a while, but i think it was like... too unrealistic... i'm straight, but i have many gay friends. they said L-word wasn't very realistic, but it did give an nice impression of the gay / bisexual world...

10. Imperfect

Imperfect Police Officer

I'm really sad... because my family and I get into fights over gay rights (they don't know yet). they believe that you're true to yourself if you're gay and that all gay marriages should be illeagal. It's sooo sad that I know I won't be accepted. My dad might understand but I won't be able to actually see him again in over a year. :(

11. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

I understand your point of view very weel. My whole family is very conservative, and I am myself, but when it comes to bi/homosexuality we never agree on anything. They make me go nuts whenever they make comments on how disturbing gay people are...
    I swear one day I'll bring my next girlfriend home and shove my little secret on their faces. How nice of me. :p

12. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

On Christmas day my cousin (homophobic/racist/sexist one) and my brother got into an argument- as if the world hung in the balance- to determine who was the gayest :rolleyes: :lol: It sounds like it should be a gameshow :lol: :p And somehow we brought up sexual orientation and he said, "You're straight, Ann, so you shouldn't be talking about those things." I just smiled, "What if I'm not as straight as you think I am?" :lol: I swear, he jumped back like ten feet. Put the orange cones up, people! He looked at me like I had cooties :p The reason he is that way though is because his thought is that the Bible says homosexuality is bad. God made people, all people, and gay people and straight people are all his children. He loves everyone, and I believe that if you love someone you should be able to have that freedom. What's next, is the government going to persecute people for being in love? That seems like what they're doing right now. I don't believe in a world like that. And I most definitely don't believe in a government like that; they've influenced society in many negative ways.

13. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I hate when people say "But the bible says that's bad!" Agh, it just makes me so mad. God wouldn't have given people thoughts and feelings if he wanted us to only love the other sex. Like agh.

14. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

^ And we only know if it's true if God himself spoke those words. I won't believe it until I hear him say it.

15. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I recently started a gay discussion thread .I am not trying to plug my discussion thread but I just wanted to ask advice. I am trying to get people to talk but fighting always seem to happen. what can i do to prevent this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.