Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

info for 7x15 is on ytdaw.
    does keppler get introduced in llv or redrum? cause allready in 7x15 his past is shown. alot of it

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yes, I want to see Nick & Greg work a case together.

I am kinda annoyed at this Keppler character, why was he needed on the show in the first place? Don't TPTB have enough faith in their main cast to make it without Grissom?
    He just takes up screen time for our main cast which is already limited in the first place.
    We need story lines for our main cast (like Nick & Warrick)not a guest star and the one who will suffer most will most likly be Greg.

3. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Sara does have parts in there. Like I said, the only one I didn't see was Greg. But Keppler was in every scene. And I agree with Wojo. I'm pretty sure the team could have handled it without Grissom. And if they just needed to bring someone in, then character should be like Ecklie. Not personalilty wize, but the amount you see him. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that if they are going to give a character some drama, or an episode that has a lot to do with them, give it to someone we actually know and have been wanting more stuff on for about 7 years! Not some guy who comes in and after a few episodes has more screentime than anyone else!

Agh, sorry. Had to blow off steam. Im hopng that they'll do something else that we just havn't seen from ou spoilers. I'm just hoping it will all wrok out and be more than just this new guy.

4. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

Keppler is only going to be on for what 4 epis, right? I think they are getting a little into that character for someone that isn't going to be around that much, and isn't this one his last too? I've read the sides as well..all I can say is, Greg may not be in these, but I'm sure he's in the epi..the sides really weren't all that long, so while he may not be directly working the case with Nick, I bet he's involved somehow.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I one of these episodes Catherine tells Greg she is suspsious of Keppler, there is something about him. Maybe he will end up being a bad person and this problem leads up to that?

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

That'd be an interesting storyline...temp team leader doing something shady. Would be kinda good IMHO.

It might also facilitate the 'sabbatical' thing...maybe he was going to go away longer but got a call a few weeks in. Like "Help, Gil, please save us!" ROFL j/k but you get the idea.

7. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Oh wow. I agree with everything said here.

1) I don't give a damn about this new boss being incharge. I think having Grissom missing in a few episodes is a great opportunity to get in more screentime for the characters we love. Like Greg for example. We've been watching him for 7 years and now some guy we don't know is getting a storyline.

2) I totally miss Greg and Nick working together. It brings something different to the show. I love their friendly banter. :D I hope we get to see more of them working together this season.

3) Why does Greg always get cut from having screentime? I actually don't understand.

8. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

This isn't meant in any tone or anything. Eric started off as lab tech for the show and slowly got moved up, he was never part of the main five cast members which were always Grissom, Catherine, Warrick, Nick and Sara.

He had screen time dedicated to him in the style or role like a Hodges. When Greg's character gained popularity he moved out of the lab and thus became the 6th CSI...being the technically last main character now, means his time will always remain as a smaller role.

In fact its possible he gave up the screen time he had as a tech to have his role be more evolved, which I think was important to Eric. If he had stayed in the lab, I think we would have seen more of him, but as an actor thats the kind of choices you have to make, screen time vs. the essence of it.

His time is short to begin with or reduced to make room for the cast the audience grew with for the first four seasons. It has to do with contracts and senority as far as who was in the "main" cast to begin with.

Again this is just an explanation, it should be taken as anything else. I'm not trying to insult anyone with using the words 'main' cast, but its the easiest way to describe the roles of the orginal 5 CSIs before Greg joined them.

Though I've taken up a lot of time with this, since this is the spoiler thread.

9. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Yeah, I'm being picky but there were always SIX main cast members. Brass has been there from the beginning.

10. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

So has Greg.

As far as I'm concerned, both Brass and Greg can be considered main characters because 1) both have been a part of the show since day 1 and 2) they both have helped make the show. No, they weren't CSI's, but Brass was needed, and so was Greg. Greg was the comic relief and that's definitely needed on a show like this. I understand where you are coming from, but the 'main cast' thing is a bit harsh IMO.

But that's not really the point. The problem is an entirely new, random dude is coming in and from the looks of it (which can again be completely off) is getting more storylines and screen time then all the other characters.

And yes Speakerset, he will more than likely have a minute scene somewhere in the episode. So.. I guess thats better than nothing..

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I actully agree with this, I think it may have something to do with Eric's contract because he did start out as a secondary character. His role has grown though and he's in the opening credits but his contract may still have him as secondary. It may be different if he has renewed his contract for S8. I love Greg to death and love to see more of him but I also understand why we don't.

12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Wow. Okay, thanks for answering. :lol: I always knew he definatly wasn't one of the main, main characters, but when he became a CSI, I thought his contract allowed him to have as much screentime as Sara, Warrick or Nick. I guess not? I hope he did renew his contract. *crosses fingers* :)

13. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

14. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

I was so worried about offending Greg fans I offended a Brass one. I agree with <b>beaujolais </b>

Jim's been in the credits since the beginning, I've always done that at the end of some the 'and starring' has special meaning just like Eriq La Salle in ER, when he was a main if not one of the leads.

And maybe I just stick to using that term 'lead' vs 'main' cast, but when I watched CSI from the begining Greg wasn't a lead, he was a tech like Archie, Hodges and so forth until he grew more popular.

I like Greg btw, so don't take this wrong, I was jsut trying to answer a question and again its Eric's contract I was always under the impression that lead to again his character getting a better possition, but not meaning more screen time.

I do agree with you whole heartedly about being in a guest actor and giving him such meaty storylines. The cast is large, and TPTB could have easily spread the time to others, given a guy named Warrick a plot. The show has shown it could hold its own wihout Grissom "Ellie" was the first eppy to hit number one in the ratings way back when..."Gum Drops" as well as a few Grissom lite eppys.

I guess its b/c its sweeps and they worried, which they should not be. Or it could be a big 'test' to see what the ratings are going to be if Grissom left and they added a cast memeber...either way I wish that wasn't the road they choose.

15. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

AshleyWillows, I suppose the big news is that he's taking a break from working. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.