Ratings: CSI vs ...

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Waiting, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

I'm only lowballing because people get out of the habit, and I think fail to check the TV Guide or whatever to see if it's new. But that's my reasoning, and I'm rambling because my brain is fuzzy. lol.

Adzix: 24 million
    Sarahvma: 22.4 million

2. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

I will guess 25 million. I'm hoping the folks that went back to CSI last week saw what a great time they were missing out on.

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

brass lives: 25 million
    Sarahvma22.4 million

For anyone curious, since the Nielsen ratings will overlook the two Thanksgiving episodes for their final tally (since they're seen as specials rather than regular airings), the two ratings averages for the shows officially would be:

Grey's: 22.356 million viewers
    CSI: 22.1 million viewers

Meaning that on average, Grey's is beating CSI by 1.15%

Grey's average minus the premiere and the Thanksgiving episode is 21.975 meaning that they have, on average, lost 13.5% of their audience.

CSI's average minus both as well is: 22.01, meaning they have, on average lost 2.5% of their audience.

Now with the Thanksgiving specials included (21.472), their average audience drop since the premiere is: 4.9%

Grey's (21.59) would be: 15%

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

For week ending Dec. 10. CSI came in at #1 "Loco Motives" ;) with 23.25 million viewers.. NO "GA" in the mix.. for a complete run-down of all the top 20 shows, go to the TV Media thread ;)

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/

5. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Sarah's making me vote again. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

I love her though, so I'm doing it.

I vote 24.68 million.

and desert, your banner is cool.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I love love that must be bought and/or threatened!

It makes it more special

*huggles Ziggy against her will.

Ziggystarduzt: 24.68 million

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Even with the NBC Comedy Block playing new episodes during the 9-10pm slot, CSI was still number one in the 25-54 slot and number two in the 18-49 for the evening as a re-run.

8. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Why do I feel like I'm on The Price Is Right?

I bid... 24.68 million AND ONE!!!

Yes, I'm that jackass.

Oh wait - the ratings don't go that fine, do they? Well, crap. Okay, put me down for 22 million, Bob Bark- er, Sarah. :D

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Du-doo duh-dooo. Du-doo du-doooooo nuh-nuh nuh-nu nuh-nuh-nu nu-nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

The Price is.... RIGHT!

*dances*

I'm very, very sick. *grabs tissue*

Seriously. Don't mind me.

GET YOUR PETS SPAYED OR NUETERED.

Ziggystarduzt: 24.68 million
    Miss Dee: 22 million

And actually the ratings do get that fine sometimes, but it's occasional. *shrug*

10. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

i only watch Grey's when CSI isn't on.

i think CSI's schedule is too inconsitient on CBS.

so i'm a big spike fan. thank god for reruns.

11. langmui85

langmui85 Dead on Arrival

i think what makes this whole situation interesting, as well as the whole ratings war with desparate housewives interesting is the fact that grey's anatomy and the housewives get A LOT A LOT A LOT of publicity. CSI is rarely in any type of publication in terms of magazines, newspapers, gossip columns, tv ads, entertainment shows, talkshows. the real losers i believe are still grey's anatomy and housewives since abc needs THAT much publicity in order to get people to watch their shows, while csi doesn't.
    and yes, as a person in the medical/healthcare field, that does not happen in the hospital. and there are no young hot doctor if you consider the fact of how long it actually takes to become a doctor, not to mention to be specialized in a field.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

CSI came 9th for the week in ratings shares, Grey's 20th.

CSI: 15.116 million
    Grey's: 9.997 million

CSI's re-run beat Grey's by 33.9%

Grey's re-run is down from last week by 5.4%

CSI's re-run is down from two weeks ago by: 6%

13. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Frankly, I think Grey's beating CSI (even if only for a little while) is second only to "George W. Bush's being Elected as President of the US" on my list of "The Worst Things Ever to Happen to This World."
    You know, having GA and CSI on at the same time is a stupid move. A LOT of people watch both shows. Making them pick splits the audience in half depending on which show they like better. If they're on at different times, people won't have to choose between them and both stations get more viewers and hence, more money. Whoever moved GA to CSI's timeslot is an idiot. Seriously. Even if not every television would be playing both, there would definitely be an increase in viewership, even if it weren't very substantial.
    Do you know, I just realized I only watch four channels: CBS, Spike, G4, and occasionally Comedy Central. Heh.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well I think the funny part about all of this is that the number of fans that both shows share is quite small. Around 5 million, I guess. So in reality, while in each others' time slot, neither is going to hold on to the top spot in the weekly list for a very long period of time because they're constantly being sapped of the necessary 5 million either way.

Right now they're fighting against each other, and Grey's is winning by an average of 1.81% a week. So the fight seems almost laughable as well.

And if the recent numbers are any indication, Grey's on really gets back its numbers if CSI isn't on at the same time. When facing directly opposite each other, CSI seems to be winning back its fanbase, and Grey's seems to be losing its - or was.

We'll see in the New Year, I guess, who really lost their fanbase, but right now CSI is the only one of the two who has had more viewers for later shows than its premiere, which would suggest that those who were turned off by Season 7 have elected to come back.

My early prediction is that CSI is going to beat Grey's in the new year, but what kind of victory will they have overall? With Desperate Housewives, Lost, American Idol and now the NBC Comedy Block... that's a lot of things either sapping their audience or competing to be #1.

Grey's started the season by beating CSI by 11.1%. After the premiere, its average win was 0.695%. So CSI definitely has a chance of winning this battle, but the ratings war is basically gone for both.

15. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

I'm curious to see what effect, if any, Grissom's departure will have on the ratings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.