Bones *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by allmaple, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I really enjoyed it. It had a season one feel, but also had some great "Family" moments for all! :) I plan to have my review up by Saturday, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it. The B/B moments were absolutely wonderful, it was GREAT to see the lawyer from "The Man in the Morgue" return... There were a lot of little moments that referred back to season 1, and that was welcome since I've really found myself missing season 1 this season... Sophomore Slump and all that. :)

Really liked it. Watched it twice so far... :)

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

That was a good episode. It was cool to see Ryan O'Neal in there too.

I'd say David Duchovny did a pretty decent job. :) Lots of nice Booth/Brennan moments too. I don't know why he still messes around with Cam; he's clearly not into it.

Zack got his PhD! Yay! He looked so cute with his new image. Good stuff.

3. od0_ital

od0_ital Dead on Arrival

Just finished watchin' last night's episode, and I gotta say, I hate Zach's new look.

I thought the shoulder pat thing was funny, though.

Lots of good Boothe / Brennan stuff, and I figured the father was the father, but the promos helped with that.

And last night was the last new episode 'til the end of January!

What the hell?!?

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I missed it because of my old VCR is on its last legs (or rubber bumpers or whatever it has). Was this the one with an appearance from Kathy Reichs?

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Yes, Kathy Reichs was one of the doctors evaluating Zack at the beginning. :)

Also, Zack's new look is questionable. He may have to wear a hat a while, because the buzz cut scares me. :p

I'm usually a fan of David Duchovny's work, but the constant pore cam was driving me up a wall! The more I think about this episode, the more my opinion on it expands... Lots of good and bad here.

6. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Last night's episode was really good! I loved it. All of the Booth/Brennan made me realy happy. And I miss Zack's hair! What the heck? Oh well, he still looks good.

I wish we didn't have to wait until January for a new episode! That sucks really bad! Which ep number will that be anyway?

7. AbraCadaver

AbraCadaver Victim

OMG!! bones last night was crazy!! Zach got his doctorit (sp?) and his new look is insane! *spoiler* i miss his hair and i cant believe that jerk of a cop trying to throw Morgan into jail when it was really the creepo youth center instructor!! argh!!

btw- I Love Zach

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't remember a youth center thing...?

9. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

MacsGirlMel, she's referring to the upcoming episode, "The Man in the Mansion," I think. At least, that's what it sounds like she's talking about! :)

2x16 Spoilers "The Boneless Bride in the River"

This one is incredibly hard to follow. The pages aren't really linear, this time. They're sorata all over the place, so I'm only getting part of the story.

Basically, Bones and Sully are on vacation on what I assume is a house boat. Booth keeps showing up asking for their help, and Booth and Bones are not getting along at the beginning. She keeps bringing up his therapy, and he tells her he liked her better when she was sexually frustrated.

Our usually over-the-top scientist Bones is giving way to Sully's influence, and the influence of having a steady boyfriend. She's starting to loosen up, something that a fellow anthropologist sees as an issue, and warns her about ruining herself as a scientist.

The case involves, as said before, the skin of a dead woman. She was brought over here on a "Fiance Visa" to marry a young man obsessed with all things Chinese and oriental. However, when Booth starts to talk to the guy, the guy freaks out and pulls out some major marshal arts as he bounds out the window and down the fire escape "Jackie Chan" style. I'm not kidding. It's really bizarre.

So, after some tracing, it turns out that this young woman was not your average fiance. She was a mail order bride, brought over by a woman who runs a company specializing in Russian and Chinese mail order brides, among others. She matches people on 200 points, but Bones thinks that's not nearly enough, and is fully convinced that the groom to be who ran off is the murderer.

Also in the midst of this is an ancient tradition and culture regarding the burial of unmarried men. It's quite intriguing, and is what brings in the other anthropologist. I actually think that side of the story is more engaging to me than the actual murder.

Very little squints in the pages I have. It's mostly Booth, Brennan and Sully. And, before you think Sully and Booth are fighting it out about Brennan, they two of them are getting along great. They even exchange giggles at one point. Bones, of course, disapproves of their laughing.

One heartbreaking moment to me is when the three of them are in pursuit of the suspect (husband to be) and Bones rushes off with Sully, leaving Booth alone, to which he says, to himself, that he likes working alone. Aw. Booth misses his girl. I guess we'll see how long this Sully/Bones storyline lasts, but I think this is the third or fourth script with him involved... so, he's around for a bit. I don't really like seeing him in every script. It sorta imposes on the rhythm of the show. I mean, Tessa was pretty constant, but we didn't see a lot of her since she was a lawyer. With Sully being a fellow agent, he's involved a lot, and I'd rather he just be a background character. We don't need a male version of Cam wandering around.

rant over.

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Actually, that youth centre thing and "Morgan" are on Criminal Minds. Someone has mixed up their shows...

:lol:

11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

That's HILARIOUS. See, there's an upcoming episode involving a youth center! LOL! Thanks BabaOReilly!

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I hope Booth is back to regular work by then...hate seeing the poor boy needing therapy and all. But at least he has Bones to lean on :)

13. keich

keich CSI Level One

Judas on a Pole was a great episode! I liked how Booth "seemed to be abducting" Bones and the way she hit him on the arm. I thought it was cute. :) This show just keeps getting better and better, and the tension between those two is getting more intense! I think I had a silly grin on my face when I watched the last part of that eppy (Bones and Booth talking outside the diner). :D :D :D

And thanks for those spoilers!

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

ROFL! Booth abducting Bones? Man, I can't wait to see that!

15. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I think what Brennan said was "Why do I always feel like you're abducting me?"

And the scene between Booth and Brennan outside the diner was so much love. They almost kissed (and they would have, if it hadn't been for Zack!)

I loved how protective Booth was in this episode. I think Cam's definitely starting to get the message that there's no way she can ever make Booth feel as strongly for her as he already does for Brennan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.