Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i'm not gonna look at them anyway. if i would, i wouldn't be able to stop. i know it. lol

Da Poll! voted option no. 3, which is for me the most natural and plausible. that's how i believe it will be played out. i don't think Billy and Jorja would agree on a major ship angst, or a break up of any sort. i mean, if they broke up, why the hell they hooked up in the first place (plot-wise)?

so, i'm not worried about angst at all. i'm more concerned that they won't show us much, but it's not something i won't be able to sleep after. so whatever, i'm just waiting patiently for LLV.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I went with three as well. To be honest, I'm just not that worried.

Like I said before - they seem to actively be choosing to play these scenes flirtatiously.

And second of all, even if they "break up" before he leaves, there's no reason why 4 weeks apart wouldn't make him miss her.

And that script has yet to be written.

So I'm not worried, but I'm prepared for the worst.

3. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Poll: I voted that I'm going to see how it plays out. That's preeeetttty much how I am all the time, despite the occasional freakout (whether it be a negative or a positive one) that usually lasts all of 5 minutes. Although I'm spoiled, so technically should know what's going to happen, I take all apoilers with a grain of salt. Not because I don't believe the spoiler queens, but because there are so many people that the scripts go through on their way to Thursday's 9 o'clock slot, that so much can be changed (and usually is changed - to some extent) beyond the point that they get their information. So it's best to just relax and see where the aired episodes take us.

No point pulling your hair out over crushed expectations or what things once were. People getting all upset over possible angst: some of you are the same people who were SO BORED when things were going well, and wanted the angst. So make up your mind :p And realise there's no point in letting things you can't change bother you (and yes I'm going to take that particular piece of advice myself, because I know I'm not innocent on this front). But if things turn out well? Well, that's just good then, isn't it?

Just remember: Without the bad, the good wouldn't seem so good.

And you may chide me for my optimism, but I think things'll be good in the end.

Anyway, in other news (and the real reason I'm delurking at this point) Grissom and Sara made the Top 10 in New York Magazine's Best in TV (as part of the 2006 Culture Awards).

You can check that out here :)

4. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

"Hodgins is about bugs and Angela."

Sorry, that's the first thing I think of when I see the quote from TVGuide about Grissom being about bugs... and Sara. :)

Thanks Tom for the headsup! TPTB, wake up and smell the major publicity this plotline is giving you and treat it with care!

As for the poll, I'm pretty worried that they're going to screw us over. I'm just a negative kinda gal where CSI is concerned, in general, these days. Most of my fav TV Shows are really letting me down lately. (Except BONES! What an ep, tonight!). So, I am worried, not that we'll see a breakup. It's way too early in the season for something like that if TPTB are stupid enough to do it, which I really think they are.

Gosh, I hope TPTB aren't on this board, because when I'm impassionate and indifferent, I'm oddly candid about my opinions towards them...

Anyway, I hope TPTB prove me wrong, but it's going to be an interesting ride, I'll say that.

It really all depends on how they play Sara after the announcement and after Gil leaves.. How she reacts to the things around her, and how "Meet Market" ends. I mean, that one is apparently heavy Sara after a few where she was barely in ("Redrum" and "Sweet Jane") followed by one where she hasn't even been mentioned in the spoilers ("Law of Gravity"). So.... I'm really waiting for "Meet Market" to gague my opinion on just how much TPTB are going to screw up GSR with Grissom gone...

5. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

my voted for the poll is the number three i think the same that adzix ;)
    though the number two too convinced me "I'm more worried that Grissom hasn't told her.I don't want Mopey Sara back!"

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

That's awesome. What I like best is that the Bones pairing, which has been compared to Scully and Mulder is a footnote to the GSR pairing.

That's pretty cool.

I like that they wrote that while GSR haven't touched or kissed, it's basically their chemistry keeping the thing alive.

7. Ashes86

Ashes86 Dead on Arrival

I also picked Number 3 for the poll. I really have a hard time believing that the writers would get them together despite so many anti-romance fans, just to have them break up and disappoint all of the GSR fans. The writers have always said they don't want the show to be like a soap opera, so I think they waited until Sara and Grissom could really commit before getting them together.

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I checked at YTDAW, and GSR has now made 3 of the year's top things in TV lists.

First the one in TV Guide, then the one in the magazine sporter mentioned (which I posted there, but gave you full credit), and now in a third publication where they came 4th. All of the other choices were about news broadcasts that came before them, so... pretty damn cool.

lol.

Guess no one seems to be thinking of this as a shark jump in the higher-up media.

Either way - nice to see GSR getting recognition. I like that the emphasis seems to also be on how well they're playing it so far this year - making it subtle rather than in-your-face.

I've been wondering, since it's a bit of a topic right not at YTDAW, but really... would a kiss be out of character? After all, we've seen all of the CSIs on dates, talking about having been on dates, we've seen them kissing or we've seen them at least with significant others.

And Grissom and Sara are both main characters.

9. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Kissing? OOC?

God I hope not.

I mean really, everyone kisses. Big kisses, small kisses, a peck on the cheek, or a imaginary one blown through the air. Take your pick.

Though I'd have to say that a kiss with like major lip action would probably be a little ooc for CSI. As well as one being blown...lol. Though, how cute would that be?

*wipes imagines of Grissom blowing a sleeping Sara a Kiss from brain*

But no, I don't think that a kiss (a kiss, a real kiss and nothing but a kiss) that lasts less then...four seconds (I was debating between three and five...lol) could possibly be ooc.

While CSI may be a show about the evidence and about the science, it's taking a little path we all like to call 'humanizing the characters'. And if they honestly expect us to believe that they are humans and not robots designed specifically for the task of collecting and analyzing evidence - it makes sense for at least ONE of them to be kissing someone.

Except Catherine. I've seen her kissing enough.
    Or Warrick... wait - unless he was kissing Catherine.

oops, wrong thread.

Anyways... Having Grissom kiss Sara isn't anymore ooc then having Grissom kiss LH. And while I am hesitant to bring HER into the mix... if they try to pull that 'fade to black' sh*t with OUR kiss - I will cry. For real.

Its not anymore ooc then having every single show I watch (save for Bones. Oh Bones, you save my sanity...) blame the black dude for some crime. And then have him arrested. And then.. that plot line is being killed - and I didn't like it to begin with. As long as they keep Warrick out of a jail cell, CSI will be fine.

Whoa - mini rant.

Back on topic...

It's not anymore ooc then having Nick take off from a bar with some stranger he just met. Or having Nick sleep with a hooker who winds up dead.

Or Doc talk about his wife - or Superdave talk about his wedding. Or Warrick suddenly being someone's husband. :rolleyes:

Personal seems to be the direction that CSI is heading. So lead the way with a kiss. Just a little kiss. A fade to black kiss (so long as we see lip touching lip here). A goodbye kiss! A hello Kiss! A 'how was your day' kiss.

A lot of people kiss for a lot of reasons every single day. To say that Grissom and Sara don't ever kiss?

Now THAT would be ooc.

10. katjo

katjo Witness

OH MY GOSH! I just got back from vacation and watched Loco Motive.....I laughed my butt off. I usually don't like Catherine, but she was funny in this episode. And Max and that little girl were so cool. I actually didn't mind that this episode didn't have GSR in it. It was a classic. :lol:

11. katjo

katjo Witness

Did Grissom really kiss Lady Heather? If so in what episode? Yuck, the thought of that makes me sick! He's way too straight laced to be with that strange cookie :mad:

I hope to not see her character ever again, unless it shows her spanking Sara's cheating boyfriend Hank because he's is just that..a cheat :lol: Thanks for any info you might have on that.

12. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

And that's precisly why I was so hesitant to bring up LH.

*sigh*

As far as was shown on screen he didn't kiss her. Camera faded out. Anyways - can we not talk about LH?

Thanks so much.

Though her spanking Hank could make a veeeery entertaining fanfic. *cough*

o_O Three lines about GSR. Right.

GSR is wonderful. I love GSR. GSR FOREVER!

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Grissom and LH? I don't think so, I couldn't watch them together. Yuck, LH know a lot about Grissom, that is scary.

O/T Carol said in the interview, she couldn't watch Grissom and LH together.

Back on Topic, If LH come back on the show, Will Sara be on the show? Sara hasn't met Lady Heather...yet.

Snickers, GSR and Grillows all the way.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

YUP.. I agree. scary.. maybe she'll be invited to their wedding ;)then she can meet Sara..re-run tonight "BTK" pt. 1 and here's a couple of cute pics of them, when he brought her the "veggie burger" and Warrick looking on :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

is playing tonight "BTK" pt. 1 here too!!!
    ;)i saw now Veggie B scene haaaaaa cuteeeee
    i want more this!!! i need more!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.