Charmed

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Leannethemouse, Aug 14, 2005.

1. cll424

cll424 CSI Level One

another point that made the first seasons better than the last couple was that you could watch the episodes in any order you wanted! but now, if you miss one episode, you don't know what the heck is going on and you have to wait till the reruns to continue otherwise you don't get anything: it's always a continuing story (and often a bad one too...like the one with the avatars or the one in season 7, that whole story with zankou...) that's why the last couple season kind of suck.

2. lizzy635

lizzy635 Hit and Run

Well, anyone who has seen all the seasons of charmed mostly say that it was better in the earliest seasons (!1-3) but the show goes to season 8. It's a life time and most of the shows don't get even half as that. So give it some credit. Alll of the seasons had bad episodes and good episodes. It's not like one season is totally bad or totally good. Charmed had to change over the years becuase how long do you learn to be a witch. Of course Shannen's departure had a part in this, too. But this season seems to be way better and different then season 7. Better quest stars, new and better story with less continnuety, totally a new start for charmed. Consider the fact that they are not taking the easy way out of the events of season seven finale, altough they could. And give the old, tired show some credit- it's season 8 for god sake's. (am going to be a great politic, :lol:)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree with what you're saying Lizzy635, it is amazing that its gotten this far, but i feel that maybe its been so sick of being called a 'Buffy-lite' that its trying to show it can beat it by making it to season 8, whereas it should have just bowed out last season as it was going to.

As for the guest stars, I dont know if i agree that theyre going to make the show better. The PTB have said themselves that theyve brought them in so that they can maybe entice new viewers and maybe get a ninth season. Is this really the way to go? By bringing these newbies in, we're scarificing the characters we've known and loved for those previous seven years! **SPOILERS** I mean, with Leo! Brian's only in 10 episodes next year! He's been with us since nearly day one, and he's told to go so we can get Kaley Cuoco and Smith? That hardly seems fair. Same with Dorian/Darryl, he's not in ANY episodes!! He was literally from the pilot! **END OF SPOILERS**

I dont say that it was better in season 1-3, i say seasons 1-5, maybe 6. Past that, it went downhill, but still, Kudos for 8 years.

4. lizzy635

lizzy635 Hit and Run

*SPOILER!* Well they wrote out Cole's character, becuase there was nothing to do with the character. Same goes to Leo and Darryl, even though they were from the beginning. But Leo's character can come back later at the season according to Brad Kern. */SPOILERS*

5. Guest

Guest Guest

If theyve done all they can with the guys, surely theyre running low on storylines for the sisters?! Theyve already began to repeat scenarios!

6. Leannethemouse

Leannethemouse CSI Level Three

but the humour still gets me :lol: if only they could find a way to bring back Cole :devil: i liked Cole :lol:

7. IHeartEric

IHeartEric Coroner

Has anyone read the books?

ctx :D

8. Leannethemouse

Leannethemouse CSI Level Three

no, not yet - I've read the companion book ( has v. nice pictures of Cole in it ;) ) I'm still trying to gather the CSI ones :lol:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

ive got about the first 16? something like that. lol Theyre all in my lil Charmed chest in my room :D

10. cll424

cll424 CSI Level One

well who needs the book when you can have the dvd set? :D

11. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

I agree that the later seasons seems to be a little worse than the beginning. It could be that they're running out of ideas, or maybe it's just the times when they're having an 'off-season'. But I don't think I would like it if they start to focus on new characters too soon and too much.

Anyone liked Chris? He annoyed me at first, but grew on me at the end :)

12. cll424

cll424 CSI Level One

same! especially when we discovered he was actually piper's son...

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Chris started off not to great lol Still wasnt all that sure when he first announced he was Piper's son, cos he was still a bit funny with Wyatt (who is too goddamn cute btw!! <3)...But when he died/faded in the Bad Bad World? That was so horrible!! Loved Kick ass Leo though! :D

14. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

I know! I was sad when he died...

...And his baby version isn't as cute as his adult version, sorry :p

15. Stokeslover102

Stokeslover102 CSI Level One

I watch charmed sometimes but it not one of my top shows. I definitly would go with Leo he's way more noble and trust-worthy