Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

omg, i was almost falling of my chair when i saw this pic!! it's totally cute! i mean, come on, these two happily people are OUR GSR GEEEEKS!! we never actually SAW them in this position (well, we did actually, in double cross) and this is totally a small step for CSI, and a HUUUUGE step for mankind (as in: we gsr fans)!!
    desertwind, i agree with you lab explosion thing, he was sooo kind to her, he CARED about her, and everyone could see it.. :)

2. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

Adzix lovely your avie i love all your fan-art really cute ;) great job.

IloveBilly thanks about the pic is amazing our geeks are very very lovely is the perfect couple no doubt ;) .

23 days for the gift :p

3. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Look who's back to grace you with her presence! It's me!

Don't worry, I won't be expecting balloons and cake and such - I swear I am the worst Gutterfly - EVER. I can't even pop in to say hi more then every three or four threads? And then I come here to complain? What's wrong with me? :rolleyes:

Have I said yet how much I love the fact that they're together? Yes? Well let me state it again incase you get confused. I love the fact that they're together.

But.

Does anyone else think that Sara may be floating a few feet off the ground in her own little puppy dog sunshiny GSR bubble?

I mean come on, her [boyfriend, lover, soulmate ect ect ect...] is obviously going through SOMETHING and she's still all smiles and gooeyness when he's around.

I mean we have Catherine asking him if he's ok - and yes I do understand that she's been his friend since... well... forever - and can read him like a picture book, but that was a tad disconcerting for me.

Obviously we don't know what's going on behind closed doors at this point * :devil:* but somehow I don't think they're talking about his major career related burnout.

I mean from Catherine we got a "You look tired..." which is a good opener for "Do you want to talk about it?" Which I can just feeeel is where she was headed. Which wouldn't have been such a bad thing - though at this point I'm thinking maybe a week in the bahamas and a really expensive therapist might be a better idea...

Anyways - we get concern from Catherine. And what do we get from Sara? "I won't wait up." and "See how it feels?"

I get it that she was trying to be all cute and flirty. I totally get that. And I love her even more for it.

But if it was MY boyfriend getting all withdrawn and spouting things about pumpkins and velvet cushions - I'd hope I'd have the common sense not to basically call him a hater of human kind and then tell him he wasn't getting any..you know, in so many words. *cough*

What I'm saying is - I wish we would have gotten SOME clue that Sara wasn't going to fall and go splat when her GSR bubble gets popped. You know?

Or maybe thats TPTB's evil plan to begin with. Who knows?

Ok first off - Letter writing campaign? Is there something I should be worried about? I'm serious here, and don't try to feed me none of that "No no no, everythings fine" crap. Ok? Be honest. And second - David Rambo is an evil evil genius that was brought into the CSI fold for the simple reason of tormenting us. Yes. Because you know, for as much as G&S actually seem to be talking as of late, all she'd going to get from him is a postcard from Hawaii with the words "Wish You Where Here!" Scrawled across the back in some big loopy handwriting and a pretty little purple butterfly stamp in the corner that will leave us all gushing about the loviness of it all. Or whatever. Psh.

I swear to God I'm not THAT bitter. Honest. I'm just... weary of the whole situation. :p

*insert biiiiiiiig sigh*

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

thanks so much guys <3

NicknGrissom, i'm so sorry it takes so long, i'm gonna try and do it shortly :)

hey Turtle! :) well, yeah, i need to say i also noticed the "bubble-burn out" relation as you called it, but i somehow buried it in my mind, cuz i'm a Happy!Geeks worshipper. but i totally see what you are saying, and i have to agree, unfortunately. Sara seems to be practically blind to his burn-out, on screen at least. another thing is, that we may be looking at things from a wrong angle.

Sara is spending her off-time with him, and i doubt she haven't noticed his change. i think she knows the last thing Grissom needs is pity, but she talked about the problem with him at home. her behavior now, is maybe purposefully so light-hearted, so she could cheer him up. she can't really be all "are you ok, baby?" at work (and that's the only time we see them) but she can be cheerful and bring some light to his part-depression so he can think about something else than work for a moment.

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

TURTLEBABY!!!!! Oh how I've missed your enticing Nick/Greg icon.

In response to Alyssa, here's what I'm thinking: if a ton of negative response (which hey - was partly our fault. I know I said I was going to send a bunch of letters after the finale and didn't) may be making TPTB rethink or angst up GSR, I don't see why a ton of positive can't reverse that.

Especially now that TV Guide agrees the GSR hookup was one of the best things about 2006. I don't think they would print that if they weren't getting more positive letters than they're printing or than they're claiming that they are.

They want to sell magazines, so they're not exactly a hard-hitting Washington Post expose-style publication. They're TV Guide. They write what sells.

The really fortunate thing is that if they were planning a negative turn for GSR, they've only written one more Grissom episode (Leaving Las Vegas) since that decision.

And I mean beyond Sara flirtatiously pinching Grissom. I mean full-on angst.

Grissom will be gone for 4 weeks. In that time, they can have him decide Sara's totally wrong for him, or one of the only good things going.

I don't want to sway TPTB away from a creatively good decision, but...

Originally Grissom was just going to UNLV and things would be fine. Now they're making him go halfway across the country. Is it a tongue-in-cheek joke about WP's play? Yes, but they didn't HAVE to do it. And what it implies is that while he was at UNLV, he could've still been living with Sara. Now he won't be. Like I said before, this could be great for GSR. If he associates getting together with Sara with the start of his burnout, but he doesn't have time to separate her from everything else, he could just end up blaming her more. If, instead, he gets to leave everything and REALLY think about it, I think there's no reason why he can't come back and be even more in love with her. lol.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I know.. it's so great.. I got my TV Guide in the mail and ran back and sat down.. and WHOOO-HOO-HOO :eek:. lord that's a great pic. their so beautiful, and sexy Jorja with her mmm "chest" yummy girl :p :p good job Adzix on your alway amazing pic. manip. your so good~~envious~~ you should teach a class, on doing this, I'm serious ;) so, from one extreme.. to another.. YIPEE :lol:

FROM US.. THE HAPPY COUPLE

7. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

^Yeah Jorja looks really yyuummmy. They both looked really great and Billy looks much younger. Im going to go get the issue right now. Is going to be the second Tv guide i ever buy for me too! :)

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

If nothing else, TV Guide is proving how interesting the GSR pairing is. Like I said before, Grey's may be the hot soap, but no one seems half as interested in Meredith and Derek, who get a ton of screentime, as they are in GSR, who get almost none.

We got an entire thread on TV Guide this week devoted to talking about it, a letter last week, and now it's one of the biggest things about TV in 2006.

Oh, and by the way? It was a two-page spread. The reveal scene with him on the bed was the first part of it.

And TV Guide is hardly a big magazine. :)

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

aw, thank you so much desertwind :D <3

wait, wait, are you talking about the new TV Guide now too? you mean there are two GSR pages in the newest TV Guide? i'm f***in' buying it.

oh btw, how many things did they include in their ranking of the biggest tv moments? like, 10? 20? 30? anybody knows?

10. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Just a heads up, the TVGuide that is out NOW in the stores is the one with the anti-GSR letter. The one you want with the spread will, I think, come out in most places on Thursday. :) I am watching my local pharmacy like a hawk just waiting for that article to be at my door...

I have to say, the initial goodness I felt after seeing that picture is starting to wear off, so I hope having it in my posession by the end of the week will help revive my enthusiasm.

All these shows I've watched have "Coming in January" promos, and I find myself wishing CSI would do something like that. Remember the promo with Grissom at Sara's door? We all went NUTS.

Now, COME ON, we have to have something coming in LLV. We know some things have been written, possibly filmed, but I wanna SEE it. Give me a freakin' promo TEASE!!!

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I'm not in the states, so I don't have the actual article, but I don't know that they numbered the moments in terms of "best" or "worst" or higher or lower. I think it's just listed as one of the biggest.

Wait - wait - what? Was that for Nesting Dolls back in the day?

Unfortunately, I think TPTB is still blaming GSR for the ratings shortage. Luckily after three straight weeks of almost nothing, and the ratings having fallen from their initial top spot before they infused angst in the end of Happstance, I think TPTB will be able to put 2 and 2 together by the time Grissom returns.

12. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

That maybe is because people always want what they can't have..
    just kidding! :lol:
    Obviously is because gsr is wayy more interesting than Meredith/derek and even though I actually like that couple..I find gsr so much better even if are just having some looks and flirting..

13. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Exactly! I mean, that sent the fandom into a frenzy! Especially the CTV version. Oh, man, I had that thing on my computer for ages, just rewatching it over and over again as she opened the door in slow motion, and there he was. There's a moment in the promo that wasn't in the ep where she sorta leans against the door before opening it, preparing herself to face him. I almost wish that had made the final cut, because she seems so confident when he walks in. That little moment of hesitation would have let the audience know she wasn't feeling as confident as she let on, and I would have liked to have been in on it considering how the rest of the scene was going to go!

I don't necessarily believe that TPTB are all that bright. I mean, sadly, producers are all about money, ratings, and power. Most producers don't care about the quality of the show as long as the above three things are in order. We can hope that they wake up and realize what an asset GSR is to the show, but you never know. As I said before, I really hope they have something in LLV, because we want more! IGN.com does a countdown of the top 10 crime shows each week, and in their first few weeks of this season, they kept commenting on how they were so in the dark about GSR. Other news outlets have wondered, and while I enjoy the subtlety of their relationship, we're ten episodes in. The most we've gotten is, "I won't wait up" to confirm to the average viewer that they're doing more than flirting. Sure, we'll get a gift in LLV, but I bet they won't touch. You can't have Gris and Sara touching because that's bad and will incite the antis. *sigh* Sorry, it's just getting really old....

*sigh*

14. butterflied814

butterflied814 Victim

Wow, I just watched that promo at grissomsararomance.com and totally noticed that little moment you mentioned. I would have liked to see that in the episode too.

I also noticed something else in that promo. When Catherine says to Sara, "Every time we get a case that has a hint of domestic abuse you go off the deep end. What is your problem?" it is DEFINITELY not the take that is used in the episode. In the episode, when Catherine says that, it's kind of in a quiet and discreet voice, but in the promo she's practically yelling. I just thought it was weird that they would show a different take in the promo than the episode, but it's probably just due to editing. Same thing with Ecklie's "You're on suspension" in the promo, because in the episode he says it differently as well.

Ok, I admit, I'm a bit obsessive about these minor details... :p

ETA: Ok, now that I think of it, why is it that just two years ago they were willing to advertise the GSR in PROMOS, but now, when Grissom and Sara are actually TOGETHER, we get all this BS about cutting down the GSR to appease the anti's and such? I mean, I really wish TPTB would just make a decision and stick to it :mad: /end rant

15. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

I have thought a lot about the anti's. I don't get them really. I mean, why can't they just live with it? We lived with all the GSR angst for 6 years...

Today we celebrate "Lucia" over here and I got a picture in my head when I got dressed for it this morning. I think Sara would make a great "Lucia" and Grissom a great "stjärngosse" (star boy).
    (I didn't know how many of you knew about Lucia, so I give you some pictures of what it looks like.- I know it might seem like a weird tradition.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.