You know you're (insert nationality here) when...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Roka4csi, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Lizzy_004

Lizzy_004 Pathologist

You know you're Dutch when you're, despite your age, excited about tonight :D

2. SaraStar

SaraStar Pathologist

Exactly! None is too old for Sinterklaas. :D

3. Pixu

Pixu Witness

You know you're English when you have an umbrella in every bag you own, and keep a few lying around the house for emergencies. :)

4. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I got some new ones...

You know you're Greek when your papou or yiayia can threaten to smack you & your parents cannot do anything about it, even though you're 20 :lol:.

You know you're Greek when your favourite thing about the new years is the vasilopita & finding the dime inside.

You know you're Greek when you find owning a pet donkey more normal then having a cat or dog.

5. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

you know you aussie when the only thing anyone is talking about atm is the ashes!!! GO AUSSIES

6. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

You know you're Canadian when you think something is wrong with a town if it doesn't have a Tim Horton's. :D And the construction of a new one is cause for a lot of discussion amongst everyone is a town. :lol:

7. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

This isn't a nationality, but the area that I live in is VERY RICH, and we have a lot of "You know you live in Lorne Park when..." jokes around here. I will share some:

You know you live in Lorne Park when:

You see more BMWs in a day then you do non-white people.

Similarly, there are more BMWs in your school's student parking lot then there are non-white students AND teachers.

You realize you’re driving a nicer car than your English teacher.

The amount of times you have taken a limo or limo bus exceeds the total amount of times you have ever ridden on the public transit bus in your life.

You’ve been on more vacations south than you have been to the library.

Your wardrobe pretty much looks like an Abercrombie catalogue…even before the clothing chain moved to Canada.

Your family owns more cars than legal drivers.

You have GOTTEN drunk on the GO train.

When people ask where you live, you say “Lorne Park” instead of “Mississauga” just for points.

When people find out you’re from Lorne Park they say: “Ohhh, rich snobby kids eh,” and you politely respond, “No!” Even though you damn well know it’s true.

Before there was Cora’s, Helen’s Fish and Chips and Satellite(Really, REALLY gross restaurants) were the only options for hangover food.

You have more then one cleaning lady.

8. allmaple

allmaple Judge

you know youre canadian when you get excited if one of the kids in the hall appears in a television show or movie (watching mickey blue eyes right now, scott thompson was always my favourite!)

9. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

You know you're Canadian when
    -you think minus ten celcius is unseasonably warm.
    -you know what a chinook is
    -you edit american text books and add the 'u' to honour, colour and favour amoung others. (sry to the americans)
    -Minus 17 celcius is still a good time for barbeques.
    -One of your provinces is trying to become it's own country...sorry to anyone from Quebec.

10. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

You know you English when:

• Your behind everyone show wise! :p
    • You to add the U automatically when reading American posts (no offence, I do it without realising it)
    • You complain about the weather :lol:
    • You government sucks

lol, yeah, i love my country! :rolleyes: No, I do, just not a whole lot atm lol

~xJemmax~

11. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

So true, i'm British as well. And i had to say i agree with that one, and also the one about the trousers.

12. Kiwi_kid

Kiwi_kid Hit and Run

You Brits and your trouser/pant thing gets me every time! I am a non-Brit who lives here and I always call trousers 'pants' but never knew the difference until one rainy day when I told my co-workers 'the bottom of my pants are wet' and they were like 'ummm??' till someone kindly pointed out that pants means undies - so confusing!

13. wibble

wibble Corpse

Glad I'm not the only one who was disturbed when I first saw the "Fannysmackin'" episode title :lol: And yes, I too agree with the whole trouser/pants thing.

14. athens

athens Coroner

I am with you on the first two![although I'm younger]..not the last one.. :lol:Despite the fact that I am actually Cypriot..anyways...
    plus another one--you know I am Greek/Cypriot because I speak Greek..[really smart,I know! :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:]

15. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

you know your aussie when everything stops in the middle of the day to watch shane news's announcment of his ritirement

im aussie and still find the title hillarious =P