Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I really have mixed feelings. I like the subtlety, that's fine, but I'd still like a little kiss or something somewhere down the road. I'd rather not see the aforementioned "doooom" down the road, but I know I can't be surprised either, knowing how TPTB can get.

2. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

FOr the poll i picked the second option and third. I feel that yeah i want to know when and how they started dating and i am happy right now with how they are handling it but i am more looking forward to the future. I want to know what is going to happen with them, with him leaving and with the other CSI's finding out etc. So far they've only gave us a kind of "hint" on Ecklie kind of knowing but we dont know for sure. Im just waiting for a kiss.

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i agree, but it's so hard to say if they will decide to go that road and show it, or just leave it alone and not mention it at all. by now, i prefer to think they won't show anything b/c i rather be positively surprised that they are touching the subject, than dissapointed that they are omitting it.

i learned my lesson, i was all excited about 7x10, and there were no revelations. so i won't get my hopes up on the often GSR scenes anymore. if something happens, i'll be more excited during the episode rather than before it, which is 100 times better.

4. britfan

britfan Pathologist

No, I don't think we'll get any physical contact between them in Leaving Las Vegas. I said in the summer it would be a very slow build up,so I think something as small as a hand on a shoulder or even a hand touch or hold will be as much as we get towards the end, if not the very end of the series.

As cute as her teasing Grissom was (that was how I took it. 'Now You know how it feels...' Her grin and his smirk as she walked... very teasing) I had hoped for a little more between them.

I feel she wanted to check he was OK, but couldn't as Cath was there, as he was so negative and sarcastic about no more death etc, and that really isn't like Grissom, she was concerned.

I took the 'now you know how it feels,' a couple of ways. Firstly, that's what he does. He sees something and wanders off to chase the clue and they all end up looking stunned... remember Burden of Proof? Secondly, I think she was trying to encourage him to tell the shift. They are being kept in the dark about his sabbatical. Sara knows and wants him to share it, so they aren't left thinking WTF?! when he doesn't turn up one day.

Well, that's my two pennies worth. Thank you very much and goodnight!

5. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

INT. SARA & GRISSOM'S HOME OFFICE - DAY

(CLOSE UP OF "Las Vegas Police Department - Request for leave of Absence" Form for Gil Grissom. SARA is holding the form. GRISSOM enters.)

SARA: What is this?
    GRISSOM: It's, uh, just what it says: It's a request for a leave of absence -- four weeks ... month, maybe.
    SARA: Why?
    GRISSOM: I was thinking of checking out the education system - Williams ...

(snip)

SARA: Is this about that hamburger thing?

6. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

my opinion about GSR at this moment: i love it! they are absolutely together, and they are like, soooooo crazy in love... and you know what? i like it that they work so solid *makes me think about that song, solid as a rock*
    and i love the way things are going right now. i mean, the 'see how it feels'scene was amazing. it was flirty, cute, everything a man would want in a relationship, i think. and also ofcourse what a women wants, the chance to be flirty to someone.
    so yes, at this point, i can say i love it :)

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, I seriously doubt that we'll actually see Grissom tell Sara about it, but I think that with him leaving, it will be next to impossible to avoid saying whether or not she knew at all.

People will be reacting, most likely, to his departure, and I think that considering that she has to save face because of their "secret relationship" the director may very well choose to shoot to her expression or something. Anything that might give it away.

I think the way that Sara receives and deals with the "present", whatever it is, will probably also give us an indication. I mean, if she's surprised, then she may very well sort of rip through it to see what it says - like if it has a note attached, which I imagine it will. Sidenote - I am hoping to GOD that if it does have a note we won't be treated to a really cheesy voice-over of Grissom reading it aloud. 'My darling Sara, please forgive me... my days grow long and difficult, and while parting from you was..." I mean, come on - imagine it. It's horrifying. lol.

Aaah. Yeah. Definitely true. Honestly, I'll be disappointed if we don't see it, and it's a little too late to kind of suspend that hope now. But... I would want to think that the writers would choose to show that Grissom has grown a little from Burden of Proof. I always assumed that it was tongue in cheek to have Grissom bring her a veggie burger specifically because of that scene.

A kiss? I'd still prefer a homecoming kiss than a mixed-feelings goodbye one.

You great big crazy.

8. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHAT EVERYONE IS WONDERING!

But, you know it, you must read the spoiler.

Oh, did I just feel all the spoiler-free people die?

The present is.. *drum roll* are you ready for it? Oh, are you sure you're ready for it? A BUTTERFLY WEDDING RING! That's right. I'm smart. lol- actually i doubt it is. :p

Well, party-poopers, I think we'll get some physical contact. Maybe not a kiss, or anything as critical as that, because the writers know that if we're going 'I had a heart attack when I saw their hands touching in a promo pic,' that they are totally doing overkill with a kiss.

No- overkillx2... +infinity.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

That's really quite cruel. Adzix can't help the way she is. She's Polish.

You're insane, woman. lol. I think that TPTB would want to prolong a bit of angst. So either, as Sporter mentioned, it's going to be like the hatch on Lost and we don't see what it is at all, or it'll be something sweet, but sort of more of a "Sorry" for him leaving than anything else. I think that if he doesn't tell her and just leaves, and when she FIRST hears about it, it's when Nick tells her about it, that the present may very well end up in the trash. lol.

10. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

yeaaaah, that's totally IT, a butterfly wedding ring!! but, it has to be one with a diamond in the middle, else it wouldn't look good on sara's finger... yeahyeah, that's it, you're a genius!! it would be like this: Grissom: Sara, dear, i gotta ask you something important.. Sara: ehm.. okay, tell me.. Grissom: i wanted to do this for already seven years now, and actually, i have to admit i thought about it back in SF, but i couldn't do it, because i wasn't ready to give up my job for this and everything i worked for and... Sara: enough already, just ask!! Grissom: you know what i'm gonna ask you, don't you? Sara: ofcourse i do, you freakin' adorable idiot, i hoped for this for seven years now!!! Grissom; okay, but do you want this?? Sara: ASK ME FIRST, GET ON YOUR KNEES, AND ASK ME!!! Grissom: hey, wait a minute, who is the most dominant person in our relationship? that would be me, isn't it?? Sara: I'm only the dominant person in bed, but anyway, for the rest, i like man dominating me... Grissom: stop it, you're making me nervous and looking forward to our honeymoon... Sara: ask me please... Grissom: that sounds a lot better! okay, dear sara.. *kneels for her* do you want to... Sara: Marry you?? Ofcourse!!! Grissom: okay, that was supposed to be my sentence.. Sara: sorry, go ahead. grissom: do you want to marry me, lovely sara sidle? Sara: well, soon it will be Mrs. Grissom, so you better get used to that! *kisses him passionately* Grissom: i love ya! *puts the ring on her finger* Sara: omg, grissom, this is such a gorgeous ring!! i love you too baby, don't ever mess with my feelings again, and please, hold my hand like you did in Bloodlines and in Nesting Dolls... Grissom *takes her hand* : like this, Mrs. grissom? Sara: yeah, like that Gil... *the eeend.*

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Aah, 'tis the season for polls or something like that.

Whatever.

Y'all know how I love charts and numbers.

*worried

is the word that got cut off of the last option

12. Jenjac

Jenjac Dead on Arrival

re: poll

I think Grissom told Sara just after locomotives. I think Ernie's email is what pushed him to make/remake a decision on the teaching offer. For all we know Grissom might've decided not to go at that time but Ernie's suicide made Grissom question everything. Yes there was probably a slow burnout happening but Grissom might've handled it okay with a week's holiday (with Sara on some deserted island!!) and come back refreshed but watching the suicide is what could precipitate him into going.

I hope Sara realised that all was not right with Grissom when they were all talking with Catherine. There was definately concern in her eyes and expression. And the reason that she didn't say anything was because it would tip her off. I don't think that Sara would do that to Grissom. She knows how private he is and it's likely to be more Grissom's want to go public than Sara's when they finally let everyone know. Unless it leaks out unintentionally or if it's a matter of life or death.

I hope that Sara and Grissom have a good talk about his sabbatical. I don't have to see it but I'd like it (the talk) to at least be alluded to.

13. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

I had to vote in this poll. I chose

Why ? Because this situation reminds me of the hearing problem . Grissom ignored it for so long, hoping it would just go away. Now he's dragging his feet again .

"Tell her , don't tell her ??? Maybe I don't have to do that right now."

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:lol: You sound like me talking.. I totally agree.. ;)

OK, fans sorry, I forget the name of this ep. where he calls her "honey" when she's hurt in the lab explosion.. help.. see even way back then, he was so concerned and sweet towards her :p

[​IMG]

15. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I think that's "Playing with Fire." Classic moment with me and my fiance, sitting in my living room, watching the DVDs... and me screaming "REWIND! He just called her HONEY!" He didn't believe me. I had to play it three times for him!!

Gotta love the early Grissom/Sara stuff. Wow. Their hands are touching. I mean, we make such a big deal about it now, but we got more physical stuff between them BEFORE they were together. In SDD we had her touching his face. Back in early first season he touched her face.. He took her hand in "Bloodlines" and "Nesting Dolls." That's so annoying! They displayed more PDA when they were freakin' PLATONIC.

That's it. Put me in the "I want a kiss by the end of the season" camp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.