Hill Harper/Sheldon Hawkes #2: He's Got Panties

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Maybe Hawkes has a freaky side we haven't seen. :p Just as long as it's not a "creepy place" like Sid. :eek:

Hawkes is too sweet not to try to help someone when they need it. I think it bothered him to see that girl so messed up and he just wanted to help. I'm not sure why he gave her his phone number either..but I'm sure he just thought it might help her out. :(

ETA: Thumpy, you posted while I was typing. I will be busy the next 24 hours...with Carmine. :devil:

2. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

It means that she gets to have her pick of the mens for the next day - I know who's on top of her list, but can she have doubles, since she's a moderator and all? :devil:

3. GreatTyrant

GreatTyrant Dead on Arrival

My best guess would be that the reason behind this is a throwback to the unfortunate time in the US of slavery, when a pairing of a Black woman with a White man was less likely to be voluntary on her part...And therefore, understandably, less palatable for her...

I was surprised, although not disgusted or anything, to find out Eartha Kitt, Diahann Carroll, Lena Horne, Tina Turner, Alfre Woodard and quite a few others, including non-celebrity Black women, have been in successful logterm relationships with White men...I was only surprised because it's usually not spoken about much...

GT;)

4. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Amber, I really enjoy most of your posts in this thread. You're intelligent and have a lot to offer any discussion, but you need to dial it down a bit. You're entitled to voice your opinion on the opinions of other board members, but not entitled to make derogatory remarks to other board members. Even if it just your opinion and not a statement of fact. Please voice your opinion on Hill/Hawkes or the position another member has taken, but please do not devalue other members or take a snippy tone when someone calls you on it.

5. AmbersDream

AmbersDream Prime Suspect

You're not my Mother Mrs.G and I don't need to "dial" down anything. You are a moderator or whatever, but you will not call me out about anything as if I am your child or a client you defend in court. I am not your child and I don't devalue anyone either in real life or on this board. For such a smart woman, you aren't understanding the word OPINION. Voicing an opinion on other member's stances is what I did...why is that so hard to understand?? No personal attacks were made. Please drop it! I did, but some keep bringing things back up. :D

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Ok, this is going to be the last word on this unless it's taken to PM. Telling someone you've had enough of their "madness" is getting personal. If you can't see that, then maybe you shouldn't be posting here. No, you cannot post an opinion about another member's stance here...you can post an opinion about the stance but not about the member herself. There is a difference. I appreciate that you have dropped it in parts of the discussion, but basically telling off a moderator when he/she asks you to do something is grounds for a warning and possible banning from the board.

Now, let's really drop this. AmbersDream, if you have further comments about this, feel free to take it up with me in PM.

-------

Let's get this thread back on topic now. Do you guys think that there will be any lingering rammifications for Hawkes now that he's spent some time in jail? Will he feel any resentment that will surface somehow in future eps?

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'm just wondering why they sent him to jail so quickly. Was it because the bouncer ID'd him?

I was just happy to see that at least Stella (I was hoping for the whole team) came to the jail when he was released. He seemed really happy to see her. At least he knows that Mac and the rest of the team did what they could to clear him. Even though they were taken off the case.

Why exactly were they so quick to take the team off of his case? They worked Danny's case in On The Job and Stella's case in All Access. That had just been bugging me.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I wondered about them being taken off the case, too. Maybe because Hawkes had actually been arrested, while Danny and Stella weren't? In Danny's case it was a work-related shooting, but in Stella's, it was pretty clear that she'd done it. So, I'm not sure. :confused: But good point.

They were awfully quick to arrest Hawkes based on the bouncer's ID and the money in his pocket. The latter is pretty damning evidence, but I'd still think his job in law enforcement and the general WTFness of a guy who makes a good living robbing a store of $280 would have given them pause.

9. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Stella's was also an apparent case of self-defense at all. Does that impact whether or not someone gets arrested, as in Stella's case?

I guess if it turned out that Hawkes was guilty they didn't want any question of the evidence being compromised at all, hence pulling the entire team off the case.

Top, I agree with you. WTF would a guy who works in law enforcement be doing getting caught at a murder robbery? If anyone would know how to avoid detection, it would be a CSI, wouldn't it? Heck, I used to work at a bank and can use that knowledge exactly the wrong way ... which I guess is why they got a writing sample and fingerprints :lol:

10. Tishme3

Tishme3 Witness

Oh, it's so refreshing to check out the handsome pics of Dr. Hawkes here...especially after a long night of Karaoke! It'll be cool to see him sing one of his favorite songs on CSI:NY!!! Let's hear it for Mr. Hill Harper, uh Dr. Hawkes...beats him going to jail for nothing!!! He deserves to let it all out!!! :)

11. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

Hey I haven't been here in ages :lol:

Great pics everybody, I've been drooling for a while :eek: ;)

I've just seen "Grand Murder At Central Station", I had watched a part of it before. Well I noticed this cute scene at the end when Hawkes patched the teddy bear and put a ribbon around its neck, and put it in a box to send it to the girl, that was so cute *sighs*

I love this guy :rolleyes: I think he's one of the smartest CSI *sighs*

12. ebonygirl

ebonygirl Victim

Oh my goodness, no one is commenting on how FUYNE Hawkes was last night on Silent Night. I don't know how ya'll feel about it, but that red, cable knit turtleneck was READY!!! I am lovin that luscious lil' hershey's kiss we all know and love. He's just too much!!! Side point, I really felt something was missing with Lindseys performanc last night. It's too obvious that they are setting up her leave from the show. But I guess that's a topic for another thread, its only Hawkes up in here!

13. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

We didn't get to see very much of Hawkes last night, and what there was of him was covered up by that turtleneck! :lol:

In all seriousness though, it was interesting to me that the rest of the team had no clue about the Physics of the case but they all knew that Hawkes did. He let out the inner genius for a minute, and, as usual, it was very well done.

Personally, I always preferred Chemistry over Physics. Bleh.

14. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

I don't usually post in this thread, but if this hasn't been said already:
    Hill Harper is on some sort of celebrity ski fest right now.
    Its called "Skiing" at Deer Valley, Utah. It is on CBS right now. He hasn't gone yet, so you can still catch him skiing. :)

eta: He just raced....and he lost to David Conrad.
    And..he pullled out his book from his skisuit and signed it for the reporter. :lol:. He did that on Jepardy too...

15. Tishme3

Tishme3 Witness

Hello Darx2mint4, thanks for the info, it was really cool to see Hill Harper do his thing...winter fun (reminds me of Germany)! ...and Calleighwolfe and Ebonygirl...you both know what time it is...our Man, Hill was mighty fine in that red turtleneck. It was refreshing to see him being praised for his mathematical prowess in helping to solve the Silent Night murder case too. I loved that episode (teary eyed)...great performance by all. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.