Flack/Monroe #2 - It's a Block Party Thing!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by CSI_Watcher_8, Jul 12, 2006.

1. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Its fates way of saying this ship rocks.

Oh something else I figured, so you know the part about the numbers right, how many he got. Its code for, what time you get off. haha. I'm so smart. Oh shuddaup and let me have this one.

~Lynn

2. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

ok ok I will. Besides he has to meet up with her to do this to her and be with her like this and that. Maybe even a little of this for him and some for her.

So what up with the name change you crazy girl?

Of course this ship rocks, we don't need no stinking fate to help us. (although it doesn't hurt) :lol:

3. CathStokes

Thank you. :)

I completely love how you make those pics shippery. I love you for it.

To confuse you. :lol: thats why I got it.

We'll take the stinking fate a bit, and the rest is just chemistry. :D

4. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

The caps you put for those pics are great.. definately get me all shippy inside.. :lol: love them!

5. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Haha... :lol: My heart still belongs to D/L, but I really enjoy reading FM fanfics. Namely by goddess_loki on livejournal.

6. CathStokes

Yeah, Ragna writes amazing FM fics, so does SP they just have a gift for it... I think Em's written a few too.

7. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this thread, and think this pairing has a lot of potential. I've read some very good fics with Flack/Monroe, and am beginning to see where it could go. There hasn't been anything obvious on the show, but I could actually see them together. Just wanted to be open to discussion on F/M, because they seem like they could be a cute pair.
    As for the title of this thread, I just love it. Whenever I hear SOS on the radio, I think of the beginning of this episode, and I think of Flack and Lindsay.

8. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Welcome to the little thread that could! Yeah COTP was a great FM episode here is a pic of them. But some of us saw a little something in them before that even if it was just the possibly. ;)

9. csicat

csicat Police Officer

Funny how she doesn't mention her wifey. *pouts* And I just updated recently too! Funny how she doesn't read it or leave a comment for it. It's up at two different places!

Anyhoo-
    Enough about my pseudo-marriage. :) Let's talk about an FM marriage. (I'm in the mood for it, seeing as how I'm hoping to have the wedding fic typed up and posted soon)
    Could you realistically see it happening on the show if the writers were to suddenly come to their senses and make it canon? How would it happen? How would they show it - all of the steps from dating to engagement to wedding to . . . you know.

Any ideas?

10. CathStokes

Because wifey is mean! ... Oh really, where's it at? hmm mm. where???

Well the dating things outta the way, cause we know their doing it.

so engagement will take place at one of their apartments, or possibly at work, you know surprise type. Romantic, I'm sure Flackie would do that.

Wedding -- I have no clue where.

11. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

And to start I'm answering the questions backwards. SO of course I have ideas. But usually they are a tad bit crazy.
    They would show it in HD techincolor widescreen baby. It would happen like we all know it should, duh. And of course I can see it realistically like only a romance can be on TV. Told you it would be crazy. ;)

Maybe I will have more serious answers. But I doubt it.

12. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I don't actually know how much of my stuff they could put on tv. Some of it's a bit racy and in some fics, Danny isn't my favorite person so... Yeah. But I'm glad that I apparently write Flack/Lindsay well enough that if it turned canon the way I write it, not only would I go for it, others would as well.

Dating, engagement, marriage. Hm. I think the dating would come about by accident. If you've read my fics, you know I'm a big fan of drunk!sex or the whole "I've loved you from afar because of Danny" thing. And this one time, I had them arguing and then out of the blue they kissed. The attraction is there, they're just reluctant to come to terms with it. But once they do, they'll start exploring it, albeit hesitantly.

Since I think Flack's a closet romantic, I'm betting he'd take Lindsay out someplace simple. Someplace that had a lot of meaning for the both of them. Maybe where they had their first date, or their first kiss. He'd propose to her there. Then they'd go out to Montana to meet her parents. Can you imagine that? Flack's this city boy and somehow he's captured the heart of a country girl. Lindsay's dad will be all ":mad:".

I'm not sure about the wedding. Two families, two states... I'd love to say that Flack's the kind of guy who would just say, "Let's have it in Montana!" (which he probably is) but his dad might be like, "Listen here, Donnie" so I don't know. Danny would be the best man, obv.

Edit:
    Now, this is just between you thread-watchers and me, but sometimes I write DL. (Only on request, though.) And I even made a fanmix for them after "Love Run Cold." While I don't ship them in canon and in fic 99.9% of the time, that other .1% I'd rather not talk about.

edited to remove link to fanfic rated over PG-13

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

It is against board rules to posts links to fanfics rated above PG-13.

14. CathStokes

Flack's a closet romancer. LOL. He's a hottie though, I think he's a sweetheart. So obviously I'm gonna go with the fact that we all know he can be romantic. He just doesn't like to show it much, so Linds can knock him on the back of the head. {Like Modie does :devil: }

I think Lindsay's dad would like Flack.

Hey! I'm the only one allowed to pick on Danny, just so you know.

15. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Oh, I think Lindsay's dad would like Flack too. Who can resist him? Flack's such a good guy. What I meant is that here Flack comes, romancing Lindsay in the city and stealing her heart away when I'm sure all Mr. Monroe wanted was for his little girl to stay in the country and marry the boy next door.