Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

number one for me..in my opinion...Grissom is kind guy deep..he just decide stay with her after all these years and with all complicated situation cos he really knows how much love her.
    maybe is my view but after Butterflied (when Grissom spoke for the first time)i always think in soul mates...need each other..they match.....well,is what i fell
    that's why Grissom said no for Sara cos he had fear have her and lose...he had fear this relationship
    how WP said is the Grissom's first love....and WOW the First love is that you never forget
    that's why
    i don't see Grissom without Sara....making no sense for me Sara die or break up...

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm not going to name names or anything but I was surprised to see that one of Talk's own posters sent the letter. I hope they publish some of the other letters that were sent, like has already been said.

3. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

For Grissom, this is it. I chose that they are soul mates, and without eachother, they're not going to be completely happy. I mean, this is the end all, be all for Gil. He knew that entering a relationship with Sara would be permanent, not some fling, not a silly affair, but a life-commitment. She knows the same. I mean, they've tried to live their lives apart, and something finally pushed them together. For them to go backwards at this point, it would be devastating. They are meant to be, totally amazing together. There is no other man or woman in the world who can so completely fill them and complete them.

I mean, I'm not saying if one died, the other would commit suicide, but I can't see them pursuing a new love interest. Tihs is the one, for these two. Heh. One. Two!

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I chose "smething romantic" because that's how I percieve them.. the true "soulmates"..and on WP leaving.. this has been so hashed to pieces.. and it's really better to (if one wants, to talk about that , on his thread] and the fan who says "their getting shoved down our throats" odd.. that this lame/brain would let this bother her to the point of wrting a letter to TV Guide.. instead of writing something positive.. and that TV Guide printed also weird!!! :(but I counteracted that with my own "positive" take on their "romance" and I hope all of you did as well ;)

[​IMG]

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I saw that. Remember when TVGuide did the big spread on CSI and GSR and two of my questions got answered? I didn't flaunt it all over the boards. I kept my excitement here, in our little thread, so as not to stir up trouble. There is just such an anti-GSR vibe over in the general threads, these days, that I can't stand to be there. I want to defend, and I can't, because then I'll get in trouble, but I just hate all of this.

I have yet to write to TVGuide or anyone else. I probably should get on the ball and get things moving. I mean, I'm a part of this awesome GSR fandom! :)

So, everyone is trying to stay positive about Grissom and Sara's first Christmas together, but I have a feeling we won't hear a word about Christmas this episode. I mean, the "gift" isn't coming until "LLV" which airs in January. So, much as I want a big HAPPY GSR moment this week, I have a feeling we'll get torture and angst.... :(

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

That's probably because secretly you knew that you stole your question from me, which got its true and proper glory on the... *shameface*... website portion of the interview.

That's right, Alyssa, REPENT.

Even in our News sections at CSIFiles.

I wrote to them, but I doubt they'll publish it. They could, but I'm not necessarily holding my breath. Bad news just sells better.

Sorry if I'm coming off bitter - I just ran for an hour and I'm damn tired. lol.

I don't really blame CSIFiles News or TV Guide for any of the back-and-forth that's going on right now, and CSIFiles is free to print whatever they want, as is the Guide.

I guess I wish people would stop blaming GSR for anything that ails them.

Failing ratings? Less personal interaction for other characters? Must be GSR.

*Shrug*

I don't see a big difference from Season 6, except that a huge show is now in CSI's timeslot, and GSR is briefly shown in almost every episode.

Our big scenes this season lasted - what - maybe five minutes at the most?

I do think it'll tend towards the angst side of the force, but honestly... I think if he's going to wait a month to actually leave, I don't know that it's going to be something of break-up proportions... especially if he's sending her presents.

7. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

for me don't have any significant difference in stile...i just hate when ppl blame GSR for the Ratings..i really don't know why we loose ppl...maybe for Grey's anatomy what i think is nonsense..CSI is much Better..but it's just my opinion

8. Freckles101

Freckles101 Hit and Run

Well it's pretty obvious that Grey's Anatomy took away a bit of CSI's ratings, but CSI has still been doing awesome, both ratings and quality-wise. I mean using GSR as a scapegoat for CSI getting less viewers is a unfair assumption. I mean there have been plenty of polls done and the number of people who are anti-GSR is lower than you might think. And regarding the "less personal interaction for other characters," (which I know isn't your actual opinion) a person could blame that on Sofia becoming a regular (I actually like her now, just stating a possibility) or other factors, but there has been personal interactions, with Cath and Sara, Sara and Greg, Nick and Warrick, etc. And imagine that, Warrick actually has been on screen. Anyway, I don't think GSR is taking away from anyone else's screentime and it is just the easiest target.

Not even, I thought. I didn't see the end of Happenstance, but was that scene five minutes?

Oh, and for the poll, I voted the first option. While I can imagine other guys with Sara (without shipping them), I simply cannot imagine anyone who belongs with Grissom more. I mean she waited for over six years for him to finally come around and openly reciprocate the emotions she has felt for him.

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i agree. Grissom hardly resembles Werter in his behavior.

most of the fanfics contain a lot of Werter-y confessions, like "*crying* Sara, you're the love of my life, I'd die without you, MARRY ME" etc, and it's not in character at all. what i think he did is that he turned into action things that could have been said. i actually believe their first hook up was more in a LHB way. he gave her a hint of what he wants to do about her/feels orally, but nothing like "I LOVE YOU TO DEATH!" was plainly said.

and when we talk of Grissom and the "love of his life" it's not that simple. first we need to ask the most important question: does Grissom himself consider Sara love of his life? i don't know that. i don't even know if Grissom knows the answer. i think in the early stages of their committment his attitude towards Sara was very similar to LH in LHB. calm, passionate, horny, but not madly in love like Werter or Romeo. so in the poll i marked no.2, although i think they ARE each others soul mates.
    oh good you pointed out Butterflied, IloveBilly. i think Grissom's confession there didn't mean he was in love with her. i'm not saying he wasn't, cuz who knows what sits in his head, but what he SAID didn't imply his feelings, only the opportunity - "someone you COULD care about". so IMO he just didn't allow himself to feel anything, or to know her better or whatever. besides, if she was the one and only, he wouldn't flirt and date other women just in front of her ignoring her advances all these years. so, it's really hard to say. but she may become the love of his life if they stay together long enough.

another thing is Sara's POV. and here i truly believe she is very much in love with him. is he the love of her life? probably.
    i agree, but wasn't his relationship with LH the same risky, or even more? he didn't know her almost at all, she was a murder suspect and he slept with her. and she was definitely his soul mate as well.

but the thing with LH is that if they ended it, he knew he didn't have to deal with her every day, and after the case, the only thing he would have to do is close the file. if they stayed together, they wouldn't have to hide for long. he didn't really try to hide it at a time to be honest. Brass knew very well what was going on.

with Sara, yeah, it's not that easy, b/c they work together and even though he risks his job also, it's something that'll hang over their heads for years.

so we can argue at this point. i'd like to see more shippy moments b/c right now it's extremely hard to determine without a proper, long and meaningful GSR scene where Grissom is very boyfriendy and they're not at work.

ETA:
    thank you Sid ;) we'll hopefully see the real one soon!

10. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Wait, wait a minutes here, I'm confused, people who are not GSR think rating falling? I don't think so, I don't see it falling. CSI is still either number 1 or number 2. CBS said, along CSI is staying on top 10 or 20, it still good and going strong. I read the TV guide yesterday. They didn't jump down on our throat, they did a good job around it.

I'm starting to like them now, since Grissom lighten up and Sara is happy. Along she is happy, that fine with me. At first, I didn't like them but now, when I watch this years, Grissom seem happy, finally. Sara was depressed since either fourth or fifth season, I can't remember. Grissom is not emotionly enough.

When I watch Play with Fire again, when Sara ask Grissom out and he said, no. I didn't see the card in his hands 'till I watch it again, he has surgery on the same days when she asks him. He could have explained it to her why he said no.

O/T, Adzix, I snagged your GSR icon. I'm still Snickers. I go back and forth between GSR or Snickers.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Compared to the ratings (the physical viewership numbers) that CSI was pulling in last season, its numbers are down. I personally think it has way more to do with Grey's Anatomy, but we'll see what tomorrow's ratings are.

However, yes, people who are vehemently opposed to GSR have blamed it (while not entirely) on the ship, calling it TPTB's "new direction".

I agree. I was re-watching Fur and Loathing when Grissom mentions that some animals only mate seasonally, Catherine says "How boring". Grissom responds, "For some"

I don't think Grissom is someone who needs sex or who needs a romantic relationship. He chooses them. When he chooses them, I think they're a very very big deal for him, but I also think that because he wants to remain independant on a lot of levels, he would never necessarily be "bound" to someone.

So while he will leave Sara, and they may fight or leave on bad terms, I do think he'll wind up missing her. I think he'll come back feeling very different about a lot of things, but will feel sure about her. I don't, though, think that she'll plague his every waking thought.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

NickandGrissom I LUV your avatar.. awesome. good job.. ;)and I think the ratings have stayed pretty much up there.. and I'm sure the GSR has nothing what so ever with that!! I truly believe that there are more fans on this (GSR} then not!!!

[​IMG]

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Thanks, Cinegirl made it for me. I do love your avatar, desertwind, how do you put the faint face on your avatar. I would love have that on Nick and Grissom.

14. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

For the last poll i picked the first option. No i dont think that they are soulmates or that they were destined for each other but i do believe that Sara is Grissom's love. I think that Grissom has always liked Sara since the first time they met. Grissom has always wanted her but the teacher/student, boss/worker relationship was always an issue. I think that after six years and after what Sara told him in the episode "Snakes" really opened Grissom's eyes and finally he decided to persued her and then of course came "Grave Danger" and so on and the rest is History and finally our Geeks got together....but yeah i do think that Grissom loves Sara and vice versa.

15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i just realized a strange parallel. if we assume that GSR became canon after Grave Danger, it means that they both made the most direct approaches towards one another after they got injured in/were close to a bombing. first Sara in PWF asking him out, and then Grissom, probably after Grave Danger. y'all know, it seems like it was the realization how close they've been to death themselves the factor, not as much about Greg or Nick. i mean, Grissom didn't do anything for example after Stalker (but yeah, it was too early). i believe that for him Committed, Nick's kidnapping and his own danger had their impact together. that's why i doubt he made a move as early as after Committed.

of course we can argue if in PWF Sara didn't want to talk to him about it before, but i'd find it strange if she wanted to ask him out in the corridor of the lab in the middle of the shift. maybe she just wanted to give him a hint, but after the bomb she decided to go all the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.