CHRISTMAS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Desertwind, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Oh, thanks a lot, letsdance. I've gotta work tonight and that song will be in my head the whole time.

2. Haley_104

Haley_104 Hit and Run

Oh yippie Christmas! Only 19 days away! Ahhhh omg I'm so excited!!! :D

OK sorry about that, i'm done my squealing. :rolleyes:

I love Jingle Bells! Honestly I'm surprised I haven't grown tired of it. Speaking of Chistmas songs, has anyone ever heard the song, Christmas Shoes?

3. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Christmas sucks.

I only tolerate it nowadays because I just cannot wait for the stuffing which is a rare treat! :D And yorkshire puddings. And apple sauce. Oh, parnips too. Oh brussel sprouts..erm..yup. :p

Anyone hate the christmas pudding? I HATE IT! It stinks so bad that it makes me want to choke. :rolleyes: Mince Pies...never saw the big hype about them!

4. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I've never tried Christmas pudding but I don't think I want to anymore :lol:. What do they put in it anyway?

Mmm, I'm looking forward to kourambiedes & melomakarona!

5. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

Good. You can think how much you love Evie too.. ;)

Woow gotta stop speaking in third-person. :lol:

Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
    Fa la la la la, la la la la.
    Tis the season to be jolly,
    Fa la la la la, la la la la.

6. HoratioCainesGirl

HoratioCainesGirl Police Officer

I LUV Christmas! I have a real big list....and I have been very good too....

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I've heard it on the radio quite a few times & whenever I do I cry a little bit. The ending of it always gets to me. Another sad Christmas song is River, but only the Joni Mitchell version.

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

The Christmas Shoes has been out for a couple of years now and ever time it plays it still makes me realize how lucky my family and I are. It also brings a thought for those that aren't so fortunate.

Boxing Day for us is a day of rest and cleaning up from Christmas day dinner. We usually have dinner with my in-laws on Boxing Day.

Btw I love minced tarts. I only eat them at Christmas though. :)

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Oh, I am getting a little more in the Christmas spirit now, I need to, as I need to be at work in 2 hours for the start of our Christmas party and secret santa, so I even get to open my first present today!! :p

The best thing about Christmas is the food. I wish I could have Christmas pudding all year round, my husbands grandmother makes them, and they are the best! I also love mince pies (I imagine it is the same as your mince tarts Jacquie ). But I can't bear Christmas cake with nasty icing on it...urghh.

My favourite Christmas song is Fairytale in New York, by the Pogues. Although I haven't even heard it yet this year. :confused:

Here in England most sales do start on Boxing Day, but the most popular sale has to be the Next sale, which starts on the 27th or 28th at 5am. People queue all night just to go in a grab ridiculous amounts of clothes. Madness! I hate sales, I never find anything I want and it is always really busy. :rolleyes:

10. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

When I was in driving school... I was driving in closest city on 27th Dec... and it was Friday :( I asked inspector did he want to test if I'm able to handle the stress behind the wheel :lol:

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

My mom used to make a great Christmas cake with no icing. She hasn't made it years. The recipe would make 3 different size cakes and they would take most of a Sunday to mix and bake. They were worth it though. The mince tarts I cheat on and I buy them. My father-in-law and I are the only ones that like them so there is no point in making alot that will go to my waist. I do make shortbread and I usually so that the week before Christmas so there is some left for Christmas. Another weakness of my.

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

heres a little something to get you in the holiday spirit :D yours truly as a dancing elf! you can put your own face in and have tons of christmas fun!

eta: hmmmm, the pictures not showing up anymore, weird

13. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

So, Finland is the same as Denmark? I thought it might be. My sister-in-law is married to a Dane and even though they live here in the UK, they have Christmas dinner and presents on Christmas Eve. What's the significance of the 24th being the most important day in Nordic (not Scandinavian :p) countries Ducky? Just curious, as I've never thought to ask before. :)

14. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

You are one hot dancing elf, maple :p

15. allmaple

allmaple Judge

huh, its working again. weird.

dont you forget it!