CHRISTMAS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Desertwind, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Shane, if you need any help with your new dog PM me.

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^^ Last year I got a remote control H2. Now THAT is obsessed. :lol: :p

This year I'm probably getting what I always get. Socks and underwear. I find it's the general gift when you don't know what to get someone. :lol:

3. meshellb2001

meshellb2001 Lab Technician

I'm not a big fan of the holidays, but I put on a "happy face" for my kids, This year I did kinda go overboard with the presents for my daughters tho, I have pretty much gotten them most everything that had on there lists, I will be working some overtime for that. :lol: I did put lights up kind of early this year, I just wanted to get it done before it got too cold.
    This is also the first year EVER, that I didn't wait til the week before Christmas to go shopping!.... I already have most of it done, at least my kids are done!! :D

4. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I love Christmas. I find it a very magical, relaxing, happy time, but I can understand that it can be a very difficult time for some.

The things I enjoy most are being warm and cosy at home, wrapping up and going out for long walks (to walk off all the yummy food!), having at least a week off work (that's the best part), catching up on lots of good TV and movies I've been meaning to watch for months and going to the candlelit carol service. :)

I don't enjoy Christmas shopping (because of the crowds, so I try to do most of it online) and hearing Christmas music for weeks on end! :rolleyes:

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

youre forgetting your mug is on another website that some of us may have seen already :p

i love christmas clothes! i usually pick out what i get :lol: i have some very special tops and outfits that are a tad expensive (i have good taste!) and its been an accepted fact for a long time thats what my present will be. except this year i asked for american cash to finance my shopping spree in new york :D

6. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

I like getting clothes, but they have to be from the right person. My mom buys me wonderful clothes, but my dad cannot. He can't buy clothes for anyone. Last year he bought my mom two sweaters: one was extra small, and the other was and extra large! I mean talk about manly aspects (no offence) :lol:
    My brother is okay. He just doesn't do well with colours. I mean I do NOT look good in baige! I'm already baige! lol well not actually but I'm tanned --> you get my point.

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Don't forget, you had your face on national cable television and in a couple of movies.

Mudpie? With all the great names of CSI characters from three series, you picked Mudpie? Or were you outvoted by your family?

You said you hate clothes and they should be burned. Are you suggesting everyone should go around naked?

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

9. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Ooh, are we in the presence of Shaney's greatness? :eek: Naw, can't be. Must be Mudpie! ;) :lol:

10. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

I love Christmas it's my favorite holiday.

Since my mom and dad dont celebrate thanksgiving we just go all out on Christmas (wow i just quoted Jude Law in a way) so we have to many orderments that we had to get another tree for are family room and we're still growing :lol: I am Cindy Lu because around Christmas town we live in Who Ville :lol:

Oh and i have a new favorite Christmas song ever!!!!
    It's called "Great Big red Sled" by The Killers <33

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

12. helgagrim

helgagrim Dead on Arrival

Oh christmas... my favorite time of year! Nice foods, presents. Yes, presents are the best part :D

13. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

Your a materialist aren't you? *joke*, mine fave time of year as well. being home at last for 3weeks after being away for 12weeks

14. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I love Christmas but I hate the commercializtion that has taken place over the last decade or so. Christmas should be a time to spend with loved ones whether family or friends. I try to avoid stores that sell Christmas decorations until after Nov. 1. I hate to see decorations up before Hallowe'en. I own a pet food store and I refuse to put up anything Christmas related until Nov. 1. I look forward to closing Dec 25 and 26. Yes I close on Boxing Day. The store cats need a holiday from all the shoppers and our staff need a well deserved break.
    I have got most of my shopping done and I do avoid the malls on the weekends. I try to do it on my days off and it's usually by myself which is faster and easier.

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Oh, store cats! Bless them... I do hope the store is nice and busy at this time of year though? :)

I have actually done all my Christmas shopping now. Last year I genuinely did it all on Christmas Eve and it was so awful and very stressful. I am lucky at work as our office is in the centre of the city so I can shop on my lunch break and completely avoid going anywhere near all the crazy weekend shoppers! I also usually shop alone as it is so much faster, I tried to go with my sister but it ended up with 'oh, lets just stop for a coffee...how about lunch...let's try on all the pretty party dresses...' so we never actually get it done. :lol:

It always seems like a lot of effort though, for a day which is still only 24 hours long! It is complicated as well now that I am married. It seems like both families are desperate for us to spend it with them (I guess we are lucky really).

Personally, I think most people seem to forget about the meaning of Christmas nowadays. Although, church is always very full for midnight mass and the Christmas morning service... I love singing all the carols as well.