Grey's Anatomy

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hankster, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shady Lane

Shady Lane CSI Level Two

I used to love CSI a lot more, but then I guess it just got less exciting. Also I think I had really high standards and those were not always met.

When I started watching Grey's one day, I had no expectations and therefore was extermly impressed by what I saw. As for CSI...now my standards are lower and I am impressed more often by it then I used to be!

SO I think it's good to have more then one show that you watch all the time, because that way if you expect "nothing" from each, you will almost always be surprised!

But really, people should just support whatever they support and not insult the things they don't. That's what I try and do! :D

2. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I have to say that I agree with all of you. Although I admit that once upon a time, I DID talk bad about GA, but I have gotten over that.

From the episodes that I ahve gotten to watch, I think it is a really good show, nothing like CSI, which is good in it's own way.

Tis like, the fact that I just watched the first 2 seasons of lost, which is also a really good show, and I really enjoyed it. And I want to find out what happens but tis still not like CSI. Which shall always remain special in my heart.

I think people need to stop slashing other shows just because they are in the same timeslot and are fighting for ratings. Tis stupid! And I vow never to do it again. I may complain about some of the things I don't l8ike about GA, but I do that with all the shows I watch.

3. Missing

Missing Pathologist

So did anyone watch last night? Now that Alex and Izzie have finally let Christina "off the hook" as it was put do you think George will come?

I did like the talk that Bailey had with the Chief. Him saying that she raised them and that some are like her.

And finally Burke finds some help with his hand.

4. RBC

RBC Coroner

I loved last night's ep. One of the parts I liked the most was Bailey and Shepard's conversation about Shepard being able to do the procedure. I just love how they interacted. You don't often see those two interacting like that. Come to think of it, they haven't gotten much scenes with only the two of them. I just loved it. When it comes to Meredith, I think she was quite nasty to her stepmother. I know she is in a hard situation with her mother. But her mother was the one that broke it off with her father, and her stepmom was really nice. Looking back I think Cally and George will get back together, don't know why but I just have a feeling.

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I loved that episode! I really really really want George and Callie to work things out. I think they will, it'll just take some time. I think George will come around to Cristina as well, but again, it will take some time. Lots of things are going on right now (when isnt' there?). It was good to see them bring Merideth's not-family back. I wasn't expecting it, and it was a nice bit of continuity. Excellent ep! :D

6. Shady Lane

Shady Lane CSI Level Two

I LOVED the episode...of course I always do :)

People, we still need to find a name for the new thread!

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I wouldn't worry too much about a thread name yet, you've still got over 200 posts to go. :lol:

When it’s a bit nearer the time, I’ll gather suggestions and set up a poll for you all. :)

8. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Loved yesterdays episode. YAY George's dad servived, i was like OMG when Berke was saying the sergery to George :)

Lack of Addison though.

9. Dragonfly

You know, I just have to say, I dont' think it's fair that Izzy gets punished and Cristina doesn't. I mean, yeah, Denny died, and none of Burke's patients did, but it so easily could have been the other way around. What if Denny hadn't died? It wasn't directly because of what Izzy did that he died. That could have happened anyway. Cristina is just an intern, same as Izzy. She shouldnt' have been doing the procedures by herself. What if one of their patients had died? And yes, it took a lot for Cristina to go to the chief and tell him what was going on, but Izzy lost her fiance. Don't you think that was punishment for her? [/rant]

10. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

I to didn't think that was fair, and i am on team Bailey for this one. I do agree that it is pretty much the same thing, a lies a lie and theres nothing to it so there has to be conciquences.

11. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'm not on Bailey's side for this one. Although Christina and Burke did do something wrong, it didn't cause someone to die. Shepard cleared him, so technically he wasn't breaking any law, while Izzie cutting the tube didn't need to happen, she did it by chioce. I guess you could make a good argument though, because they did very close to the same thing, but I think the diffrence here is that Christina improved because of it, and she is a very very good doctor, or will be for that matter. Also, as Izzie had the punishment of her fiancé dying, Christina had the punishment of having her friends turn against her, and the loss of a boyfriend, even if they do get back together, getting the door slamed in your face by the person you love hurts.

I can see why Bailey would flip out though. But, I guess as I see it, Izzy did something fatal, that could have ended her career, and she lied. Christina just lied. No, she shouldn't have been doing those procedures herself, but she did them, and she did them well. I think Burke is more taking the fall for this than Christina. She came to the chief and told him that she had lied, which shows that she is at least willing to take responsibility for what she had done. Izzie let people cover for her, and it took her a while for her to say that it was her, and even when she did, she said that she quit, which kind of gives me the hint that she didn't want to have the consequences of lying when she went into the hospital the next day, if she hadn't quit. Also, the battle isn't won yet with Christina.

George still doesn't trust her, which kind of confuses me. He never gave up on Izzie when she cut the tube because it's just Izzie, and he tried to cover for her, like the other interns tried to do, but he gave up very easily on Christina, and was not able to trust her. Then again, I'm not suprised, because it was his father, and she was going to let Burke operate on his father while he had a tremor.

So.......anyway, I'm gonna stop there, I've rambled enough and if you can't tell already I'm kind of sitting on the fence, but at least Christina did get a little bit of punishment when she didn't get to do the adult conjoined twins. I think in the end, Christina will be punished enough times with getting crappy, non intresting cases from Baily, so I think in the end it will even out. Okay, I'll shut up now :p

12. Dragonfly

I dont' know, it's just... someone so very easily could have died because of what Cristina and Burke did. They got lucky is all.
    Then again, I'm also of the opinion that murder and attempted murder should get the same punishment. Why should they be punished any less just because they didn't succeed?

13. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Burke finally did the right thing at the very end of this episode. He was all about playing the blame game: blaming Izzy for doing what she did and causing him to be in the right place at exactly the wrong time; blaming Christina for telling on him and accusing her of dragging him over the line; blaming Shepard for somehow messing up the surgery and causing him to lose partial use of his $2 million instrument.

He blamed everyone but himself for the consequences of his in not telling Shepard that there was a problem immediately. For not telling the chief that he had a problem and wasn't ready to get back yet. And for not telling Christina right away that what they were doing was wrong. They got lucky -- Christina is enormously talented and learned what she needed to very quickly, but she had no place performing those surgeries at that stage in her career. And what was Burke's justification for all of this? His ego? Give me a break! Come clean and say something!

The chief is in a difficult position now - how does he punish them? There must be professional consequences to both of their actions in covering this up for so long. I'm still not convinced that the person who died last week would not have lived had Burke's hand not jerked at exactly the wrong moment.

Bailey is right to demand that there be something done. She has to deal with these interns, and it does look like her authority is being undermined when two of those interns who both were complicit in a situation that could and/or did lead to the death of a patient get radically different treatment. [/rant re: Burke]

Anways, onto the remainder of the episode. I loved that Bailey stood by Shepard and reassured him that he could do what needed to be done. He should never have let Burke allow him to doubt his own abilities at all. Bailey is such the reluctant mother-figure in this series - all about the tough love. I so want to be her when I grow up.

Finally I like Meredith. I don't agree that she should have been nicer to her father's wife. They are keeping Meredith's existence a secret from her other siblings and they want her to magically start feeling like she is a part of the family? I don't think that Meredith was in teh least bit wrong about telling her that she was not a part of their family. She has her own. They're not related to her by blood, but they stick by her when she needs them the most and that counts way more than a sister who doesn't even know you exist.

I also hope that George and Christina find a way to patch it up. They should hold a cage match or something. The ties of taht friendship run way too deep and I know that George is going to have a very hard time letting go of that anger that Christina put his father in such danger. But it may have been partly due to George's dad that she summoned up the courage to out Burke in the first place.

Can't wait until this show comes back with new episodes. That was a really frigging long post!

14. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

OK let me ask a q's here. The part where the chief went off on Burke, he said he handed him the thing and he blew it out, as the chief. OK he started yelling he was tired and wanted to retire, so is he still making Burke the chief after he lied about being OK? I mean it seriously doesn't seem right for Burke to still be getting made chief if his hand gets better. Why doesn't the chief just make mcdreamy chief? I'm confused on that part.

15. Shady Lane

Shady Lane CSI Level Two

^ I agree, I think Derek is a better doctor. Not a better surgeon but a better doctor. He is real and connects with the patients. I don't get why Christina isn't getting punished at all, she deserves it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.