CSI season 6 DVD No 14th Greg off cover????

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Wojo, Sep 11, 2006.

1. sherlockanne

sherlockanne Lab Technician

*Stalks TPTB to find out why in their right minds they would take the best CSI off of the cover* :mad:

2. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

omg, is nothing sacred?! Why DOESNT Greg deserve to be on the cover?! :mad: seriously, I was really looking forward to him being on the cover! *is mad*

3. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I get mad at the DVD covers because Sara's always this little tiny figure in the back of the picture that you can barely see. And Greg not being on the cover is just strange!

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

5. Cova

Cova Witness

Guys it's just a DVD cover, no reason to get all bent out of shape over nothing, sheesh. You should be happy they at least finally started having Eric Szmanda's name in the opening credits around Season 2 or 3.

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well, excuse us for caring. It's very wrong to treat Eric and his fans like they don't matter.

7. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

^ Amen to that. He's been a regular on the show for what, 3 seasons now? I just think he's worked so hard to get to where he is and I think he deserves to be on the cover!

8. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Well, sometimes, these things do matter to some of us, however trivial they might seem to others. Each to their own. Please let's respect the opinions of others, even if we disagree with them. Thanks.

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Thank you MiamiDade

10. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

This is rediculous!! I mean, if I was Eric and they didn't put me on the cover in the first place, I would be upset. But thats just plain rude, putting him on and then taking him off! :mad: :( *hugs Eric*

Thanks for the email adresses Wojo, I will definatly be writing them.

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

your welcome, they need to know that Eric's fans won't stand for this crap anymore!

12. Cova

Cova Witness

First off let me apologize to everyone in this thread for acting like a complete horse's ass earlier in my previous post. Chances are when I wrote that post it was right around the time my car decided to start being goofy which has been an on again off again ordeal, and to make a long story short I only work part time and my biggest fear is ending up with a giant bill to fix something minor. I have a bad habit of saying things I don't mean when I'm upset and that post is an example, again my apologies.

But anyway...

If you think just fans of Eric Szmanda should be mad how do you think the rest of actors feel about not getting their picture on the DVD covers? Hell Paul Guilfoyle and Robert David Hall have been with the cast just as long the others and the only time I saw either on the cover was for the PC games. I do think that it is pretty stupid that they decided to include Greg's character in the cover originally but then cut him out. I swear they're either trying to save trees, are being lazy, or just don't know how to use Photoshop.

I think it has something to do with marketting, but still if that's even so how hard is it to fit the cast on one DVD cover? Hell they did for Lost why not CSI? Even Frasier has been doing it that way for years with the DVDs, and granted they're pretty much the same covers for each season only with subtle differences like the poses of the actors, box color, etc.

If there's one thing TPTB (The Powers That Be) can learn from this is why not have contests or something where the fans themselves design the covers? I've seen Photoshop wizards cook up better designs then like say that of the Matrix: Revolutions DVD cover.

One thing I do wish they would stop doing altogether is the occasional DVD cover with just two characters, this isn't The X-Files, where's the rest of the cast or we the fans supposed to be that dumb to think said two characters are the only CSI's? Yeah it's BS alright, BS that most people just think in dollar signs these days.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The show is called CSI - Greg is a CSI unlike the other actors mentioned. This is a fact, not meant to be rude. I would not be so angry if Greg was not on the cover in the first place and then removed. It would have been better if he was never on.

I have added the following address and email addresses:

Paramount Studios
    5555 Melrose Avenue
    Hollywood, CA 90038

HomeVideo@AllianceAtlantis.com

Media@AllianceAtlantis.com

1. go to: http://www.cbs.com
    2. scroll to the bottom of the page
    3. click on Feedback
    4. choose the CBS show
    5. and write away!

Carol Mendelsohn
    Executive Producer, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
    Santa Clarita Studios
    25135 Anza Dr.
    Valencia, CA 91355

Les Moonves President, CBS Television
    Chairman and CEO
    CBS Television
    7800 Beverly Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90036
    323-575-2600
    Email: leslie.moonves@tvc.cbs.com

Jerry Bruckheimer
    Bruckheimer Films
    1631 Tenth Street
    Santa Monica, CA 90404 USA

We should write and/or email these addresses to show them our anger and unwillingness to allow this kind of situation, it may not change things with this DVD but it will let them know we are outraged by this and won't tolerate it happening again in the future.

Please join me in letting these people know our feelings in this matter. They need to hear from us, let our voices be heard, if not for us then for Eric. Can you imagine his reaction to this? Can you imagine how horrible he must feel? He deserves better and so do we.

14. aznxbabe

aznxbabe Hit and Run

omg I hate this, how can they do this, Eric so deserves to b one the cover of season 6 DVD cover. I'm so angry right now