Petersen Returns To The Stage After Eight Years

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Nov 29, 2006.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

For the next five weeks, <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) will be on a Providence stage playing alcoholic funeral parlor worker John Plunkett in Conor McPherson’s story of Christmas redemption, “Dublin Carol.” Petersen refers to the tale as a “little Christmas ditty about alcoholism, death and divorce.” “I have never seen anything associated with Christmas of this ilk,” he said.

Petersen was drawn to this performance because an old friend of his, <font color=yellow>Curt Columbus</font>, has taken over the Trinity theater where the play is staged. When Columbus called Petersen, Petersen thought, “God, I’d love to do this for him.” The two have known each other for two decades, since a friend of Columbus’ from Yale hooked him up with Petersen’s nephew in Chicago. The nephew was staying in a Chicago apartment Petersen had lent to him while shooting a film on the West Coast. Petersen returned to Chicago and found this “theater nerd” crashing at his place and thought he was “smart, a nice guy.” Columbus got his start in theater after Petersen got him an internship at Chicago’s Remains Theater Ensemble.

Petersen claims he’s been a little freaked out by his return to the stage, feeling like he’s starting over. In television, actors learn things in snippets. But for “Dublin Carol,” he walks around with an 80 page script in his head. He says it’s using a “completely different muscle.” Of his return to the stage, he says, “It’s tougher than I thought it’d be.” Although the show’s director, <font color=yellow>Amy Morton</font> from Chicago’s Steppenwolf Theatre, told him that stage work is like riding a bicycle. You never forget how.

Dublin Carol opens on Thursday and runs through January 7th at Trinity Rep in Providence, Rhode Island. Tickets are $20 to $60. For more information, visit <A class="link" HREF=http://www.trinityrep.com>Trinity Rep</a>.

To read the full story, head over to <A class="link" HREF=http://www.projo.com/theater/content/artsun-petersen_11-26-06_G92V855.27a8345.html>Providence Journal</a>.<center></center>

2. Shady Lane

Shady Lane CSI Level Two

I bet he will do a fine job...after all, Grissom can remember anything!

Does this mean he is leaving CSI?

3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

The play runs through January 7th, just around when CSI's hiatus is most likely ending :)