Episode #510 'Come As You Are' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Nov 24, 2006.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i also noticed that Calleigh is looking too skinny...*sigh* why do all the females in hollywood be impossibly skinny...

2. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Hi xfcanadian...please don't double post. If you need to add something to a previous reply, please use the 'edit' function as opposed to making a whole new post. The 'edit' function is available for 24 hours. ;)

Not sure this is directed at me, but as you quoted my post, I'd like to reply. ;) I actually don't I expect realism from this show, I realize that they have to shorten down the time it takes to get DNA results, for example, in order to advance the story. Things like that are acceptable to me as I find that most people realize that things don't work like that in real life.

I do expect some semblance of reality though, and a crime lab in Miami, Florida not only solving a murder that took place in Iraq, but having no one haggle over jurisdiction is practically science fiction in my book.

That I will have to take your word on. :lol: Most of that equipment looks so similar to me. ;)

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Indeed, but popularity doesn't always mean quality. Maybe I'm getting fussy, but I watch other shows that are so well written, they make post Season 3 Miami look woeful. Personally, I have not been entertained by the show since 'Nailed' in Season 4. The show once exhibited a fairly high standard of writing, storyarcs, plot ideas and the execution of them, but now, it seems that those are a thing of the past, and I find that very disappointing.

4. butterflied814

butterflied814 Victim

Hey everyone, I'm sorta a newbie here, but I have a quick question and I was hoping someone could help me out. I remember reading something a while back about how this episode was supposed to be 'thematically centered around four Nirvana songs' and that these songs were supposed to be included in the show. Considering the title of this episode, I'm pretty convinced that this is indeed the correct one. Does anyone know what happened to their plans for the songs?
    Sorry if this has been answered before, or if it is an inappropriate question for this thread. I'm just a huge Nirvana fan and was totally hoping to see the songs :(

5. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Such a shame that this no longer seems to bother Ann D and co. The more popular the show is, the more complacent they become where quality is concerned. I feel that the show lost it’s integrity and direction a long time ago and many fans that I know of have jumped ship. This is reflected on this forum to some degree. Episodes used to get several pages of reviews. Now, 2 pages is an achievement!

Welcome butterflied814. :) I'm afraid I can't answer your question as I'm yet to see this episode, but hopefully someone else can help you.

6. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

Oh! I feel a need to add one more random comment, because it was actually the very first thing I noticed about this episode - Horatio FINALLY WORE SOMETHING DIFFERENT. First time this year, isn't it? I thought it was noteworthy.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*Hugs* Thanks, I am my back was out and I think I have a cold in my muscles is all but it tires you out.

Okay from what I have read I think I know the reason that Nat didn't say anything to MV about Nick, first off would she have believed her? maybe but maybe not. True it doesn't matter at least she would have said something about it, but it comes down to the fact that maybe she told Valera but it was sometime off screen.

Also I would like to say something about how folks mention that Natalia wears heels to crime scenes and no one really does that, then lets look back to the season 2 ep "Extreme" in which Calleigh is standing there and steps in something she scrapes off her boot which is has a pretty good Medium width heel on it. Wearing all white to a crime scene. The only reason I bring this up now is because I saw "Extreme" repeat on A&E and it reminded me of the comments of what Nat wears compared to others. There are times I have seen Alexx wear heels to a crime scene, she might be the cornor but still. Though I am surprised no one has brought up what anyone was wearing, with the exception of the person who mentioned H was wearing something different, which ticks me off cause I have to catch it on the repeats lol.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Yes... So I'll be a Guest Star in some future CSIM episode :rolleyes:

I have two Finlandia vodka bottles on my bookshell... :devil:

Anyways. About Valera. I mean - it was put to spoilers. And they give her like...screentime 15 secs? Oh come on. :rolleyes:

9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

well, i don't watch miami for the quality...I watch it for the entertainment! I think Miami has done a great job with that. I love the ridiculous nature of the show.

10. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Well, I know this is a little late, but in the season 4 finale (which just aired here), the FBI guy did tell Horatio to 'think globally', so maybe Horatio took that to heart ;) :lol:

11. _ransom

_ransom Witness

Okay so his "frosty" comeback I meant was lame in a cool way, if that made any sense.

No, if I were Togo I'd definantly agree to say that quote just for laughs! I mean, it's funny when people say such stupid thing while keeping a straight face ( especially when he titls his head the way he does) and I know Togo likes to keep a wiseass sense of humor too.

12. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

Haha! Despite having watched the scene 472 times (estimate number), I forgot about that line. Good observation.

13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

entertainment ?! errr... i don`t think that CSI Miami is entertainment show any more. long time ago in old good S 1-3 yes, but now...blah... so boring and disappointing...for my regret now we only have cool wallpapers nothing more (and hot chicks). also for me this show never have so ridiculous epis, plot line or characters development. even S4 have some more good points then S5. CSI M was one human and real tv show (this is what i search and find for entertainment ) and now what we have one propaganda for/against terrorists ... if i want to know what is going on will watch news not this soup. this war with Arabian (or Turkish) is not ours war for the peoples out ot US. after this last epi i`ll start to ask where was H to investigate the death of young boys from my country who was killed by 'friendly' fire ... and why only Miami is threaten by bomb attacks... Europe to give his/her victims ...yeah Horatio realy start to 'think globally'...maybe now he can solve the problem with hunger in Somalia or the problem with ozone hole :rolleyes:

14. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Quote: "well, i don't watch miami for the quality...I watch it for the entertainment! I think Miami has done a great job with that. I love the ridiculous nature of the show."

I have to agree whole-heartedly! Miami departed from the real world a very long time ago, my friend. A very long time ago! (As our good friend H. would say it!) My husband and I have laughed so many times over the ridiculous lines that DC has to say/repeat (at least twice, my friend!) and we both agree, he has his own acting style but it is the writer's who write this crap! But if you take it as pure entertainment and not as a documentary, it is great television. No one watches Two and Half Men for cerebral enlightenment or culture but it remains a hit. Personally, if I want to be educated or enlightened I turn to the History or the Discovery Channel. If I want to be entertained, I watch CBS on Monday nights because no matter how ridiculous the plot-line, it always delivers!

15. Juma

Juma Police Officer

- Emily Procter is really getting waaaaaaaaaay to slim. Really. Even hubby noticed and he's asleep like 90 % of an Miami ep. :p

- my Iranian pals are getting sick and tired of being bad guys on TV. :mad: So the guy's parents were born in Iran. Big deal. That doesn't make him a security risk. thumbs down. :mad:

- yay! H is getting a new wardrobe, maybe :) :)

- high heals: all the ladies wear high heals on this show. It's not very comfy or realistic, but it makes a nice leg. :p

- Valera: I thought it was weird she asked Natalia if she was mad. I mean Natalia has made it very clear she doesn't want anything to do with her ex. And I believe it's impossible that Valera wouldn't know about their history.

Workplace gossip, anyone? News like that spreads like wildfire.

Calleigh knows, Ryan and Eric know, H most def knows. C'mon. Valera knows for sure.

Maybe she's decided Nick's worth a second chance or something.
    :confused:

- can we have more Frank, please? He's soooooooooo funny :lol: