Episode #510 'Come As You Are' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Nov 24, 2006.

1. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

Yeah, the season is getting on my nerves too. I don't know why though. I miss the first two seasons!!! I think tomorrow night's episode will be good, maybe. Well that part sounds good. I can barely remember the last time Valera had some screen time.

2. Juma

Juma Police Officer

3. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I beg to differ with you.
    I'm finding right the opposite. When the scenes from the next episodes and commercials are interesting and exciting so is the episode. Remember episodes 504-IF LOOKS COULD KILL and 509-Going, Going, Gone??? Well, I found both the scenes from the next episode and the commercials for those episodes BORING. *BIG yawn* I felt like I'd just watched commercials for either Amazing Race or Survivor...2 shows I HATE.
    *runs and hides from Amazing Race and Survivor fans*
    Sure as my first name is Carolyn, and it is Carolyn, IF LOOKS COULD KILL and Going, Going, Gone tanked BIG time. The only memorable part of episode 504, for me, was Natalia's ex-husband Nick showing up. The most memorable parts of episode 509, for me, were the title Going, Going, Gone and Horatio blowing up that truck using that rifle.

4. Juma

Juma Police Officer

Yeah, that was nice. Big gun, big truck, big boom :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

11-27-06 Entertainment Tonight will have a segment on tonights ep. For more you can go to, On the Set of CSI: Miami. This part goto me.

David says this episode hits him on a personal level because his own father served in the military.

"There's kind of a double element of wanting to make sure that every detail is correct because I have some first-hand knowledge of how important they are, and how incredibly invested they are in what they're doing," he says. "So the precision, the beauty, and the power of who they are -- I just don't think we can give enough respect to them."

6. TylerDalton

TylerDalton Hit and Run

So last week H does the job of Homeland Security, now he's doing the job of NCIS. What's he going to do next? Start to profile killers and do the job of the BAU in Criminal Minds?

That episode was sickening, all it was, was a political cheapshot at military recruiters, the war in Iraq, and the military in general.

7. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

I’m so desperate for this show to be good again that maybe I’m convincing myself things are going well even when they aren’t, but for the third week in a row, I thought this was an above-average episode.

Once I stopped trying to make any sense out of how Horatio managed to get himself involved in the investigation of the murder of a Marine THAT TOOK PLACE IN FREAKIN’ IRAQ, I thought it was enjoyable, and resonated well. I may have been swayed by the fairly somber ET segment, but I thought it took a sensitive topic and made it heartfelt. (Although…I didn’t quite understand why the military thought anyone in particular was responsible for Patrick’s death, considering he went down in a blaze of gunfire during an insurgent attack…)

The characters seem to have gotten back to where they were before this season started – apologies; I consider seasons 1-4 all equally good – and no longer seem as stilted in their line delivery. (in my opinion, anyway) I don’t know what happened earlier this fall, but I don’t want to go back to that place. I’d rather have believable characters than believable storylines. Okay, I like it when Horatio is front and center. Even when he’s hanging somewhat creepily around wakes in order to talk to family members of a victim. Still liked the interaction with Kevin. And I always like Calleigh & Ryan teamed up; they play well off one another.

The murder of the Marine recruiter is barely worth mentioning, because it was stupid and pointless on so many levels. The kid should have been rejected based on lack of reasoning skills alone. Among a plethora of other questions, how did he plan to make it look like the guy had died on the shooting range, given the presumably noticeable head wound, and more importantly the EXTREMELY CONSPICUOUS BLOOD STAINS on the curb within walking distance?

The scene with Valera played out better than I had hoped – she didn’t go on the defensive like I thought she would, and I was pleasantly surprised when she asked Natalia “Are you mad?” and seemed to genuinely care about the answer. Although, dear Nat, if she gets hurt in any way, I am holding you personally responsible, for not explaining to her why going out with Nick might be a Bad Idea. (much as I like the theory that Nick wasn’t the bad guy in the marriage, I just can’t seem to convince myself)

The only thing I didn’t like, really, was the ending montage…the song was annoying, and it went on forever and ever and ever showing things that were supposed to show closure, but ultimately just felt like recycled footage and wasted time.

8. TylerDalton

TylerDalton Hit and Run

Song was annoying?!?!? That was Johnny Cash(with Willie Nelson) my friend. His music may not be your cup of tea but to call the song annoying is disrespectful to the man in black himself. There aren't many things that push my buttons but calling Johnny Cash annoying is one of them.

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

TylerDalton, I believe Painted_Shadow was simply stating their opinion, which everyone is allowed to do on this board. Please keep this in mind while posting, thanks. :)

10. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Well.........I for one enjoyed this episode & thought it was well done. I don't think their was any disrespect to the military what's so ever. Believe me my husband would've said something since he's a ret Marine himself. I shed alot of tears during this ep moreso at the end. I loved it. Shocked me that they actually played country on there. Johnny Cash singing was a very nice touch. The reason why the military thought Patrick was killed was because his brother was so adamant that he'd killed him. Apparently JAG hadn't done their job correctly or else Kevin shouldn't have been arrested. I was glad to see Horatio step in to make sure he wasn't railroaded even if it wasn't his jurisidiction. As far as Valera is concerned I'm sure along with the others she knows of Nicks reputation. So, if she's that nutty to go out with him well.........but, if she doesn't then Natalia needs to tell her. I was glad though Natalia didn't blame her for Nick asking her out. Just wished she'd said no.

11. TylerDalton

TylerDalton Hit and Run

Maybe I was over-reacting about the disrespect of the military but I'm just a little sick and tired of the media using TV shows to push their agenda recently.

12. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

First item of business:
    Since they didn't show "Scenes from the next episode" last night, that obviously means next week's episode is a re-run. Well, according to my RCA TV's Guide Plus, next week's episode is Rio. The first episode of season 5. Just thought I'd let everyone know. For you doubters who doubt my tv's Guide Plus, let me say this:
    It hasn't been wrong yet about what the next episode is.

Second item of business: This episode.
    I LOVED IT!!! I didn't find that Johnny Cash song at the end annoying at all. In fact, I thought it was kind of appropiate for the episode. I thought this would be a good episode since the scenes from this episode and the commercials for this episode looked like it would be a good episode. From my P.O.V., I was right, it was a good episode.
    Now here's how I rate this episode:
    On the five star scale, I give this episode 5 stars.
    On the Ebert and Roepert movie review thumb scale, I give it 2 thumbs up.
    On the 1-10 scale, 1 being worst and 10 being best, I give it a 10.
    OK I've said what I came to say. NEXT!!! :devil:

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Can someone run down the Nick part for me? I wasn't giving it my full attention and it passed me right by.

Thanks

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The whole ep passed me by lol I wasn't feeling well and feel a sleep before it started and then to top that off I didn't set the vcr. Got it ready but didn't set it. So I will either have to watch it on the CBS site or wait for the repeat.

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

You just saw Nick talking to Valera right after Natalia noticed him talking to Valera. You didn't hear the conversation between Nick and Valera. Then when Nick left, Natalia went and asked Valera what he wanted. Valera told Natalia "He asked me out" then she told Natalia she said yes. That's ALL the Nick and Valera there was in this episode. So you didn't miss much. Everything I just described probably totalled 4-5 minutes of the episode.