Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I could definitely handle a full-blown tragic ending if - and I mean IF - they give us some real, quality GSR prior to it.

My thing is this: I'd rather, say, have Sara die and it be with the knowledge that they were in love and happy (extra tragedy, but still), rather than him cheating, or them being forced to break up, blah blah blah.

In other words, I don't want it to feel like a cheat.

They worked for 6 years to be together, and for one of them to suddenly decide that it's just not working would be totally bogus.

That's right. I just got 80's on y'all.

2. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Yay, Im normal. Mwahahahah.
    yah..um. continuing

O.k. maybe i missed something or maybe im just slow but why are talking about lipo?

dirty, dirty-minded people. shame, shame.

I totally agree, but we would have to have way better GSR scens than we are getting now (and of corse that would mean a kiss(and if I had my way it would be a lot more than a kiss)) and if they would end it tragically and suddenly i would definitely want to know how and when they started this relationship.

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

because you already mentioned it, i'm going to repeat what i wrote to you in a PM.

i would enjoy death angst. really. BUT only the Brass-death kind of angst, which would mean, she is harmed or close to death but eventually she survives and she's ok. in the meantime we can see Emotional!Grissom which would be truly fantastic, b/c i want to see finally how much he cares about her. i also would like other people to notice that he is freaking out, so it would be a hint for them.

the thing is, i don't believe they are not letting Jorja to sign a contract b/c they want to kill off Sara. every show would do everything to keep their cast all together and if they kill somebody off, it means that the actor decided to move on and quit. and even in those situations, they may not kill the person off, but maybe send him/her to another juristidtion or on retirement.

so what i think, is that they won't KILL anybody cuz they want to. there may be some death angst though. and this, i would enjoy.

again, everything depends on the contracts. i very much hope they will sign them.

ETA:
    besides, look at this. she is the second most likable chatacter on the three shows after Grissom. killing her to get a good storyline isn't worth it, unless the actress herself wants to quit.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Adzix cool icon ;) he's lookin' good :p here's one from his movie "KTS" stubble :eek:

KISS THE SKY 1999

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I seriously wouldn't get too worked up, guys.

What will happen will happen.

Ultimately, I trust that the actors won't let their characters be demolished, and that the writers (especially Rambo and Goldfinger) will be able to do things justice in the writer's room.

Having said that - onward to happier times.

During the insanity that was "Heathergate", Talk's GSR thread always stayed really positive.

Right now everything's in rumor mode, and we're most likely letting our imaginations get away with us.

I want to see what happens in 7x10. I think that they'd most likely leave us with something to chew on over the Christmas holidays.

6. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

For the poll i went for the first option. I also was already getting used to his beard and thought he looked sooo Hot but just like the poll said Grissom's beard was on a lot of huge GSR moments and of course there's "Butterflied". :)

7. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

I agree that they aren't going to resort to killing anyone off. If for no other reason, because they want to keep the door open. Besides, (death aside) if Grissom goes...yes I would like to think Sara would stay with him (and that would mean her going too...) but it's going to be hard enough. Grissom doesn't MAKE the show, but it certainly feels his absence if you ask me. Sara leaving too... the show would never be the same in my opinion. It would suck. I watch CSI because I like the characters AS WELL as the cases. Like Adzix said, it just isn't worth it. I wouldn't want Sara, or Grissom for that matter, to die just for the sake of some really good emotional moments. It's just waaay too tragic. I want them to ride off into the damn sunset.

But I definitely agree that an ALMOST death would be spectacular (damn, that's messed up). I want Grissom to get all emotional and shit. Why not? Give that man some more depth. Let everyone see how much he loves her. I only don't see them doing that because that would be 3 years in a row that one of the characters' life is in danger. And that's way obvious.

And I'll be pretty upset if we don't get something to discuss over the hiatus. But I'm positive we will get a good GSR scene in 7x10.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes I totally agree with that too. We need something spectacular for the end as I said before. Revealing his love for Sara would be a good thing to start with. You know its not all about words, actions speak louder. About ep.7x10: I really want a good bye kiss scene MINIMUM!!!! And I hope Sara is all fine with Gris leaving for a while and that he assured her that this has nothing to do with her or their relationship. Being apart need not to be a tragedy at all if you are in a healthy and solid relationship. In fact being apart for a while can help you to discover how much you really care and how badly that person is missed. I would say Gris does good to experience that feeling and work a little bit on his emotional side.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I honestly wonder if a lot of the decisions regarding GSR won't be put off until they see how CSI does on its own without a new episode of Grey's against it - the first time this will have happened since the premieres.

If the ratings are high, as high, even, as the previous season, they may realize most people are still taping the show to watch Grey's, and therefore that their viewership isn't down.

If the ratings remain the same, then I think they really will seriously consider changing any decisions they made back during the finale, no matter how stupid a decision that would be.

If they break up GSR, rather than ending it in a tragic romantic fashion, I think that will be the leap over the shark tank that will end up killing them next season - especially if WP's presence is patchy.

In reality, the season's biggest low rating came after an angsty GSR scene and the first episode in which there was no GSR whatsoever.

That should probably indicate something.

Look at it this way: from Double Crossed (and the "Dear" scene) the ratings rose 15.3%... until Happenstance airs, and then the next week they get killed.

Yes, Thanksgiving, yes Grey's Anatomy, but bottom line is that the two weeks after Double Crossed, they BEAT Grey's in viewers. Suddenly you throw angst in the water and Grey's is back on top again...

I think that for both the people who love and hate GSR, what we all really want is just subtlty.

I do want some angst, but not "We don't love each other anymore" angst or "breaking up" angst - at most, I want that to feel like it's more out of frustration than anything else. In other words, I would rather that Grissom, in the process of burning out, say something stupid, than Sara just give up on him. It doesn't make sense that she would wait 6 years and then just go, "Well, you're being grouchy, and that's too much for me"

Grissom shouldn't have a license to treat Sara badly - that's not what I'm saying - I'm more saying that right now, any potential angst really should be coming from him.

Perhaps a little jealousy, perhaps some burnout stupid conversations, but Sara giving up, to me, seems out of character. At least until he gives her a real reason to.

If they "break up" over the hiatus, or during his break, then fine - because that's the kind of breakup where you know that they'll just wind up missing each other.

Ending the season that way? Not so fine. Especially if neither are coming back.

Little Note

If you didn't get my latest e-mail, PM me for some information that further explains what I'm talking about here.

10. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

All i have to say is that everything is stressing me out! We finally get our geeks together and then we are now talking about them leaving eachother and dying.

AHHHHH!

I guess I need to go back and watch the happy scenes, but im getting anxiety thinking about all this.

How can a show do this to you?! AHHHH haha

ETA
    This idea came to me in a dream last night and this is totally off topic, but...

What if Grissom's look at the end of Happenstance was a worried look with the combination of "I wont wait up" and "Im not ready to say goodbye". Hmmm, does he really think is women would not be able to let him loose for awhile?

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I know it's kind of stressing, so I'm basically trying to move the majority of this discussion into PM for a whole host of reasons, but probably the foremost simply being that this place should still be fun and enjoyable.

So having said that...

We are most likely getting a GSR scene - angsty or not - before Christmas. What will it be?

I personally think we'll see Grissom snap at Sara in front of the team in such a way in which while they don't officially out themselves, they will alert the team to something going on.

I also think that Ecklie will be somewhat privvy to it, or at least hear about it, therefore fueling the fire for Grissom leaving in 7x11 (I'd put this in spoiler tags, but it's fairly obvious right now).

So, basically, I think they would be smart to leave us with a big GSR moment before the break to stimulate peoples' interests. Because for those who love it, obviously we'll tune in to see what happens. For those who don't, they may tune in to see what they hope is the end of GSR.

Ratings all around.

12. CSI_Sidle2399

CSI_Sidle2399 Rookie

i hope they let it go farther because a lot of fans like it. i like it and hope they have more of gsr. one of the season 7 sara said i won't wait up to grisom so i think it will still go on.

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well... the thing is that it wouldn't make sense if Grissom went on break and everything was still totally cool with Sara. I think the end of Happenstance was enough to make it very clear that there is something that TPTB are brewing in the angst department.

Sara's words, while seemingly harmless, signalled to Grissom the possibility that she may not wait for him if he isn't going to have a proper relationship with her.

I don't think she meant that at all, but it seemed to be the way he took it.

So... angst is expected.

What shouldn't be expected is angst after he returns - he would be hopefully refreshed and in a better frame of mind. So if, at that point, he's still thinking the relationship is part of his problems...

No.

Biased? Yeah - but of course it's biased.

I don't think you drag something out for 6 years just to have it end because of it "not really working out" - that would be fairly ridiculous in the scheme of things.

Oh, to the fully unspoiled, PLEASE keep in mind that all of this is speculation right now.

14. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I'd like to second Sarah's request. Back when PotTR was about to air and the GSR ship was pretty upset with the non-movement of the Geek's relationship, we at Talk kept up morale, talked about positive things and look what happened. We got CANON at the end of the season. :)

In saying that, people will still want to discuss matters, and it can help to vent frustrations, etc. In order to keep it off here, so this can remain a haven or all things positive, anyone who wants to discuss the current 'crisis' is invited to do so in the new Gutter Message Board, which is attached to my website. The link to my site is under my banner, or you can click HERE to go direct to the message board. It is password protected, so if you want the password, PM me ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next couple of episodes...

It seems that we will have SIGNIFICANT scenes, whether that will be good or bad, no one knows, but I have a feeling that these scenes will give us some indication of what way the wind is blowing...

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I expected that, but right now in the context of everything that's happening, I'm wary... but looking forward to it. Chances are it'll be an indication of what's to come, and the trend that TPTB are following. I have a feeling I'll enjoy a good dose of angst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.