The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meshellb2001

meshellb2001 Lab Technician

Took my kids to see Happy Feet last night, it is such a cute movie, One I will definitely buy when it comes out on DVD, Really keeps your toes tappin, I highly recommend this one, even if you don't have kids.. :)

2. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

onassis. very long and stupid movie but there was just a hot actrice in it so thats why i watched it.

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I've watched two films over the weekend. :)

Eight Below, which I borrowed from my sister (she loves dogs, so every dog movie ever made - she has :lol:). Anyway, this was a really good film. Paul Walker rocks! He was very good along with Jason Biggs. There were parts where I had tears in my eyes, it's a little heart wrenching in some parts and very feel good in other parts. All in all a very good feel good movie. Oh, and if you love dogs you must watch it. :)

Million Dollar Baby. I must say, I was a little surprised how this film panned out, I really wasn't expecting it, however it was a fantastic movie. Hilary Swank was just phenomenal, I loved her character. Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman were also awesome. I felt it was an incredibly sad movie, but it really is a must see film.

4. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

I watched two movies at my friend's birthday party on Saturday.

Benny & Joon. This movie was...woah. It had the 1994 version of Johnny Depp, so yeah, it was obvious that I loved the movie. It was about a mentaly ill girl who is cared for by her over-protective brother. They end up taking in an ecentric young man, who soon becomes conected with the girl. All in all, if you want a movie that'll make you laugh, I'd totally suggest this one.

The Breakfast Club. Though it was rated R for a reason, the movie totally owns your soul. >.> The whole movies takes place in one Saturday during detention, in which the students are supposed to write a paper about who they think they are. Each of the students are horribly different, and start out hating each other's guts. However, by the end of the movie, they realize that they are just about the same, and romances are formed. Also, another movie that is great for a good laugh. Plus, it has Judd Nelson in it, and...yeah. -nods-

And then, I went to the movie theater and saw...

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Tis the best movie...ever. Well, maybe not ever, but still. And, I'm assuming that everybody knows about that movie already, so yeah...It was great to see my loverly Jack/Elizabeth scenes once again on the big screen. -dies-

- Alexx

5. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Needful Things
    I've never seen the end of this movie before. I always fall asleep while watching it. But yesterday I've seen it. I love Stephen King. :D

7 seconds
    Watched it before and it's a bit weord, but I like Wesley Snipes so it wasn't that bad. :)

6. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Monster House
    I don't usually watch animated movies but my sister said this is a little different than the usual kidfare, so I checked it out. The movie does seem more adult-oriented than the usual animated movies and I think little kids might actually be scared watching the house comes alive. But it was pretty good, I kinda guessed the ending but it didn't take away from the enjoyment of the movie.

7. od0_ital

od0_ital Dead on Arrival

Seen it.

I got the Million Dollar Baby DVD as a blind buy at Blockbuster, and the left turn into "WTF?!?" territory that movie takes midway through surprised the hell out of me.

It wasn't long before I passed the DVD on to Half Price Books.

Yes, it's a good movie, and yes, it deserves every award it won. But damn, it ain't what ya think it is when ya start watchin' it, and I wouldn't want to watch it again.

8. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

the last film i saw was tenacious D in the pick of destiny i was slighty diapointed but i was funny in places

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Months ago I read a few reviews on a film called Hidden (cache), which was out at the cinema at the time, and because of all the great reviews I made mental note to watch it when it came out on DVD. Anyway, last night I watched it, and I was hugely disappointed to say the very least! I have no idea why people thought this film was so good. It started off promising and just fizzled out into one of the worst films I've seen. I think the worst part was the ending. I can now say this is the third film I've seen in my little lifetime where the ending is just so bad! The thing is, I was expecting some sort of ending, the film was built up to what should of been a great film only to fizzle out into nothing.

I've now lost 1 hour and 40 minutes of my precious life.

10. od0_ital

od0_ital Dead on Arrival

Last week, I picked up Brokeback Mountain for five bucks, just a dollar more than the rental would have been.

Watched it this mornin', and honestly, I wasn't impressed at all. Can't believe Randy Quaid sued the studio over the amount of money he was paid, and he only had four scenes!

If it hadn't been for Anne Hathaway's naked boobs, the whole thing would have been a waste.

I have Doom playin' now, another cheap DVD from last week, and it ain't all that great, either.

I think I'll be passin' both of 'em on to Half Price Books.

11. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

I just watched Police Academy on one of the movie channels.. I've seen it so many times, that I've lost track! I absolutely love that movie! so funny! It's even more funny because I'm training to be a police officer!

12. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

the last movie i watched was The President's man very cool i thought

13. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

the last movie i saw was brokeback mountain and i loved it !! i put it on my christmas wishlist :D

14. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I've heard of it many times, but never seen it. Everyone who has seen it says it's good and worth watching. Maybe I'll go ahead and watch it too :)

15. 915

915 CSI Level One

I actually just recently watched The DaVinci Code still a great movie even after the thrid time! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.